Chapter 13: Yongsday

Being In Love

Yongsun woke up to the sound of her phone alarm going off telling her to wake up and get ready for school. She grabbed her phone and smiled when she looked into the group chat shared by her closest friends.

                                           Belly Button

                                       Today 12:00 AM


Moonfartfart
Happy Birthday
YongDunnie!!! :D

Po (Wheein)
Nooooooo I wanted
to be the first to
say happy birthday
to Yongsun!!! 🥺😢

Moonfartfart
Too bad 🤪

Po
Yongmom, Mombyul
is bullying me 😫

Moonfartfart
Yongmom?
Mombyul?!?!

Pei (Hyejin)
Guys, it's 12 am.
Please shut up 😑

Moonfartfart
Fine, but only
because of Yongsun
is asleep.

Po
Of course, you stop
because of Yongsun
🙄

Moonfartfart
Shhh 🤫

She smiled at the three antics. They were dorks, but they were her dorks.

                                           Belly Button

                                         Today 6:37 AM


                                                                                                   Yeba
                                                                               Thanks, guys ❤

Po
Yongmom is
awake!!!

Moonfartfart
Come by the table
today for a surprise
😉

                                                                                                   Yeba
                                                                                                       😳


She closed her phone and quickly shot up from her bed. What did Moonbyul mean by surprise? She was both scared and excited for the junior's surprise, but if she wanted to see what it was, she would need to get ready. So she got up and did her daily routine; wash her face, brush her teeth, get dressed, eat breakfast, play with JjingJjing, and drove to school. As she drove to the school, she tried to come up with the many surprises Moonbyul could've had, and she got more excited thinking about it. She finally got to the school to meet with her three favorite people in the world, but was surprised to see only two of them.

"Hey, birthday girl," Wheein said happily like someone was not missing.

"Where's Moonbyul?" She thought the girl was gonna give her a surprise.

"Behind. you." A familiar voice spoke behind her.

The words scared the senior, and she quickly jumped up and yelped. She then turned around to find the silver-haired girl laughing as she held onto a box towards her stomach. "If we weren't on school grounds, I would have peppered spray you."

"I'm sorry," Moonbyul said between laughs. "There was a perfect opportunity, and I had to go take it, but I have something for your birthday. Here."

Moonbyul then showed the box she was holding for Yongsun to take, to which the senior gladly did, but was interrupted by Moonbyul before she could open the box. "Hey, don't open it just yet."

"What? Why?"

"Just don't. It's that simple."

"It's early in the morning and you two are already arguing over a box?" Hyejin said before the two started arguing. She wasn't ready for another food fight.

"We're not arguing." Moonbyul and Yongsun said in unison.

Hyejin rolled her eyes at the obvious lie. "Sure. Now sit down so we can hang before classes start."

The two agreed in unison again and sat down to talk to the sophomores. They then sang happy birthday to Yongsun before the bell rang signaling students to go to their first class of the day.

Throughout the whole school day, she was greeted with birthday wishes and the number of people who knew her birthday as she didn't recognize some of these people shocked her. Turned out Moonbyul, Hyejin, and Wheein told the whole school and asked them to wish her a happy birthday, but she didn't know that.

At the end of the school day, Yongsun sat blindfolded in the passenger seat of Moonbyul's car as the junior drove to the destination they would celebrate her birthday at. She didn't enjoy being blindfolded, but with enough convincing (whining) from Moonbyul, Wheein, and Hyejin, she decided to tolerate her inability to see a few more minutes. The car finally came to a stop and Yongsun jumped a little and backed up when hands grabbed at her blindfold.

"Sorry, I'm just taking your blindfold off now."

"You should tell me before you grab my face next time. You scared me."

"Why? It's just the three of us in the vehicle."

"I don't know that. I was blindfolded, remember?"

"Please stop fighting. You're traumatizing your children." Wheein interrupted.

"Yeah Yongsun, think of our children."

"What, when did we take those two into our custody?" Yongsun chided.

"Ever since we fed them." Moonbyul clarified with a laugh. "Now let me take your mask off."

" I knew we shouldn't have fed them." Yongsun felt hands on her face and turned bright red as she smacked Moonbyul's hand away. "I can do it myself."

Moonbyul raised her hand in surrender. "Okay."

As Yongsun took the blindfold off, she immediately closed her eyes from the brightness that in front of her. The other three got out of the vehicle and Moonbyul went to open Yongsun's door for her.
Once she let her eyes adjust to her surroundings, she looked around and saw that they stopped at her favorite restaurant.

"Aww thanks, guys, but did you really have to blindfold me for this?" The senior questioned.

Moonbyul chuckled. "I guess not, hope you can forgive me."

Yongsun thought about it. "I don't know."

Moonbyul took Yongsun's hand.

"How about I hold your hand as we walk there? Would you forgive me then?"

Yongsun blushed by the junior's actions but didn't deny it when she liked it. "Okay."

"Good now, let's go."

Moonbyul and Yongsun walked to Wheein and Hyejin who were waiting for them at the front of the restaurant. They both let go when the sophomores noticed them and Hyejin gave them a thumbs up. Once the two caught up, the four entered the restaurant and they were guided to a table where they were greeted with a loud cheer by Yongsun's parents, Minhyuk, Irene, Seulgi, and Sandeul as they all cheered, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY YONGSUN!!!"

"It was awkward with your parents." Sandeul came and add which caused everyone to laugh.

Yongsun put her hands on as she tried hiding back tears.

"Thank you, everyone!" Yongsun shouted as she took a seat holding back tears.

"It was all Moonbyul's idea so you should thank her especially." Minhyuk teased and winked to Moonbyul.

Moonbyul rolled her eyes. "Just the idea. Yongsun's parents made sure to reserve a table, so they should get the recognition too."

"Well thank you, mom, dad, Moonbyul's idea, and everyone who came today."

Everyone laughed at Yongsun's little joke and talked amongst themselves as they waited for the food to be served. The four didn't order their foods since it was ordered for them awhile ago. Yongsun wasn't surprised when the Tteokbokki plate was placed in front of her. She smiled and happily ate her food.

"Looks like you got some competition and you're losing," Sandeul whispered into Moonbyul's ear and she immediately spits out her water back into its cup as she coughed.

"Moonbyul, are you okay?" Yongsun said with worry.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. Wrong pipe." Moonbyul gasped.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I'm fine now thank you." Moonbyul smiled, hoping that that would be enough to convince the senior that she's fine. It seemed to work.

"Oh, okay... Be more careful."

"Will do thanks."

Yongsun went back to eating her tteokbokki and as she did, Moonbyul glared at Sandeul who done nothing but laugh the entire time after the incident. Minhyuk shook his head at the two's antics. He swore that even though he and Moonbyul look like twins, Sandeul and her act more like siblings.

The dinner party was coming to an end and people started to leave after saying their goodbyes and well wishes. Yongsun decided to ride home with her parents, so as Moonbyul, Wheein, and Hyejin were ready to leave she went to them to their vehicle. Wheein and Hyejin were in the back and before Moonbyul could enter the vehicle, Yomgsun spoke.

"Thank you for the dinner idea."

"No problem. The others were thinking about a party, but I thought something else since you're not much of a party gal."

Yongsun chuckled. "You really know me even if we haven't met a full year."

"It's not all of you, but I remember the important parts from the few months we've known each other."

Yongsun blushed. The atmosphere around them changed, but neither one knew what to do. Yongsun's heart was racing and she wondered if Moonbyul's was too. The silence was killing her, so she tried to speak to break the silence.

"I- "

"Sorry to interrupt the moment, but I have a date with my bed and don't want to be late." Hyejin interrupted.

The two blushed embarrassingly as they forgot about the two sophomores in Moonbyul's car. The atmosphere became awkward.

"I'll leave you now to take the two kids home," Yongsun said as she started to back up.

"Okay." Moonbyul sighed sadly. "You sure you don't want to come with us?"

"No, it's fine. Don't need to bother you to drive me home when my parents are here."

"You know you're never a bother." The junior then smiled softly at her.

Yongsun swore that smile was gonna be the death of her.

"Uh..."

"Yongsun! Time to go!"

"Okay!" Yongsun yelled to her parents. "I have to go, so I'll see you around?"

"Yeah, see you around. Good night."

"Good night."

"Good Night Yongsun!"

"Good night you two." And with that Yongsun disappeared as she ran to her parent's vehicle.

Moonbyul sighed and got inside her car.

"I felt I was watching a cringy slow romance," Hyejin said disgustedly.

"Haha very funny."

---------

Yongsun sat on her bed holding the box Moonbyul gifted her this morning. She left it in her room before she left as she was forced to go into Moonbyul's car instead of her own to go to her surprise party. She really enjoyed the party and was happy with Moonbyul's thought into it to make it one where she would be comfortable in. She smiled softly at the thought of the event again.

"You're all smiley, so I guess you had a good birthday?" Yonghee spoke through the facetime screen.

Yonghee, Yongsun's older sister, couldn't attend Yongsun's birthday party as she was still studying abroad. It wasn't like this was the first time, but it was the first time Yonhee saw her sister smile on her birthday when she was gone. Yongsun would always give her a fake one when she asks, but this smile was genuine and she didn't even ask her how her birthday was yet, hence the question she asked.

"Yeah."

"Was Moonbyul there?" Yonghee smirked mischievously.

Yongsun was too busy looking at the box to notice her sister's smirk. "Well she did come up with the idea, so yeah."

"Aww, my little Yong is in love with someone she barely knew for a year."

"Shut up."

"I'm not judging you if you decide to date a certain someone this year, but I want you to be able to date someone who makes you happy."

"I know."

Yongsun was glad she had her sister's support. When Wheein and Hyejin were busy she would go to her sister who would always make time for her to talk about Moonbyul. Yonghee hadn't met Moonbyul only photos but can see that she makes her sister happy, so if the two did make it official, she would always support her sister, but make sure that Moonbyul knows not to break her sister's heart or else.

"Wanna see me open my gift from Byul?"

"Sure."

Yongsun went and opened the box and smiled warmly when she saw another frame of pictures. Only this time it had only her and Moonbyul and were the photos taken on their first date. There were four photos inside, one with the plushies they won, the second was when they were about to ride their first coaster together, the third one had Yongsun staring out the window, and the last one had with them both inside the Ferris wheel. She turned the frame around saw the words, "Happy Birthday Yeba ❤" written on it. The biggest smile was placed on her face.

"I'mma guess that you like the gift you got?"

"Yeah wanna see?"

"Of course I do."

Yongsun showed Yonghee the picture frame, her big grin still on her face and Yonghee couldn't help but smile in return.

"Cute." Was the only thing Yonghee said and Yongsun couldn't agree more.

Yongsun got up and placed the frame on her desk and laid back on her bed. She then chatted a little bit with her sister about their days before ending the call to go to bed. As she tried to go to dreamland, she thought about everything that happened today and she felt nothing but joy. This had been the happiest she has ever been as she always celebrated her birthday with just her family, but ever since her sister left, it felt incomplete. It still felt like that a little bit at the dinner party today, but with the presence of her friends and Moonbyul's friends, it made up for it for now. One day her sister will meet Moonbyul and just the thought of it made her smile. She fell more in love with the junior if that was possible and slept into the warmest dreams with nothing but a smile on her face.