Chapter 17: Support

Being In Love

After the event that happened that night, Yongsun laid on her bed sighing happily as she petted her dog, Jjingjjing, who was sleeping soundly beside her.

Being beside Jjingjjing made the senior sleepy, so she was about to fall asleep when her phone buzzed. Startling both her and Jjingjjing up. Jjing was so startled that she jumped off the bed and walked away to her parent's room where she knew she would be able to sleep peacefully.

"Jjingjjing, come back," Yongsun whined, but it was no use as the pitter-patter of her dog's feet grew further away until it could no longer be heard.

Yongsun pouted at being ignored and grumpily grabbed her phone to see the person who interrupted her precious time with Jjingjjing. It was a text from Eric and Yongsun opened her phone to see the text.


                                           Eric Nam

Are you dead? 10:34 pm


Yongsun was first confused when she read the text until she remembered her conversation with him before he left and rolled her eyes playfully as she went to reply.


                                           Eric Nam

                                             10:37 pm Luckily no, but you will be
                                                 for ruining my precious time with
                                                                                         my dog 😡

I'm sorry. I didn't know 😰
10:38 pm

                                                    10:40 pm Total lie, but it's fine I
                                                                                           guess 🙄

                                             10:41 pm Anyway I got some news
                                                                                          to tell you

Oh? What is it? 10:41 pm

                                                10:42 pm I'll tell you tomorrow 😏

I think I know what you're
talking about now 😏 10:44 pm

                                                                    10:44 pm We'll see 👀

Okay 😂 10:45pm

Good to know you're alive at
least. See ya tomorrow.
10:47 pm

                                                         10:48 pm See you tomorrow


Yongsun closed her phone and placed it into the charger next to her bedside. She then pulled her covers over herself and fell asleep with a smile as she dreamed of a future where she and Moonbyul lived happily.
 



When Moonbyul arrived home, she had a smirk on her face that weirded out her haraboji, also known as grandpa Moon, when she walked past him.

"Why are you smiling? You on drugs or something?" Grandpa Moon questioned.

"What? No, haraboji, I'm smiling after hanging out with Yongsun today."

"Yongwho?"

"The blonde, short-haired girl I talk you about? The one you said laughs really loud."

"Ah, dolphin girl?"

"Yeah." Moonbyul chuckled at her haraboji's nickname for Yongsun. "Anyway, I'm gonna hang in my room." She said as she climbed up a couple of steps.

"Bored you already?"

"Haraboji, you know that isn't true."

"Then why don't you come sit down and talk to me."

Moonbyul was hesitant as she really didn't want to. The junior wanted to text Yongsun before she went to sleep, but she didn't want grandpa Moon to feel unloved.

She got down the steps."Okay."

Once she took a seat next to grandpa Moon, he spoke.

"So, what did you two do that make you come home looking like you did drugs?"

"It was nothing haraboji."

"If she looks like she just did drugs, then those two probably kissed, or make out, or had ."

The sudden appearance of another voice startled Moonbyul, but what startled her more was the assumption grandma Moon, just said. The assumption caused the junior to blush furiously.

"HALMONI, We only kissed!"

"Good, no till you're married."

"Halmoni I know. Now please stop talking about that."

"What? ? You act like you and your sisters weren't made throu-"

"Okay," Moonbyul yelled as she stood up from her seat. "I'm going to sleep now. Goodnight haraboji and halmoni."

"Byulyi, wait." Grandpa Moon said, grabbing Moonbyul's attention. "You and dolphin girl dating?"

Moonbyul sighed. "Yes, haraboji."

"Ah, now I know for sure that I will become deaf later in my years."

Moonbyul laughed from her grandpa's statement, but grandpa Moon was confused by his grand daughter's reaction. "What? That girl laughs too loud."

"You're right on that one."

"I thought you go to sleep?" Grandma Moon yelled.

"I am, I am. Goodnight."

Both grandpa and grandma Moon said their goodnights as Moonbyul walked up the steps to her room. Once the sound of a door opened and closed, grandma Moon spoke.

"What a rude girl for interrupting me."

"You know she's no good with some topics like her father."

Grandma Moon sighed in annoyance. "I hope she grows out of it as he did."

Grandpa Moon chuckled. "She will."
 



When Wheein and Hyejin arrived at the morning table, they were surprised to see both Moonbyul and Yongsun there as the two usually arrived at a later time than the sophomores. This was a first, so they sat down with confusion written all over their faces.

"Why are you guys here so early?" Wheein questioned the two.

"Are we in trouble or something?" Hyejin added.

Moonbyul cleared her voice before she spoke. "No, you're not in trouble, me and Yongsun just want to talk to you guys without you being distracted by homework."

"Okay? Then what's so important that you need to arrive earlier than us and have our full attention." Hyejin asked.

Yongsun and Moonbyul looked at each other, wondering who out o the two should give the big news. Yongsun gestured her hand for Moonbyul to talk, but the girl shook her head and copied the same gesture Yongsun used. The two then had a mini hand gesture fight, while Wheein and Hyejin mentally facepalmed at the situation they are witnessing.

A few minutes later, Hyejin decided to interfere. "Can you guys hurry it up? You're wasting precious homework time."

The two tried for another minute or two to get the other to speak until they both gave spoke. "We're dating. Oh, now you want to say something."

The two sophomores couldn't believe what they just heard. "Wait, what?" They said in unison.

"We're dating," Yongsun said again.

Wheein and Hyejin's mouth hanged open from what they were just told. Hyejin with more of a smile compared to Wheein. Wheein suspected the two to be on a more angst path and take years to notice their love for each other and say something about it. Hyejin just couldn't believe she was right.

"We're so happy for you two and know that both me and Hyejin will support you guys no matter what, but can I ask when did this happen?"

"Last night," Moonbyul answered this time.

"It's not like it really matters Wheein. You still lost the bet."

Moonsun both raised an eyebrow at that statement. Did their friends really make bets about them?

"Yeah, but that means Wendy, Jimin, Sandeul, and Jin lost the bet too."

"Wait, what do you guys mean by bet?" Yongsun interrupted, clearly confused by the two's sudden conversation of a bet.

"Yongsun it's obvious that they made bets on when we would get together. What were the bets?"

"Moonbyul."

"What? I just want to know who won. Don't you want to know too?"

"N-" Yongsun grumbled a little by how right Moonbyul was. "Fine."

"Okay, well the people in the bet were me, Hyejin, Minhyuk, Sandeul, Jin, Seulgi, Irene, Wendy, Eric, Bomi, and Chorong. Wendy, Chorong, and Sandeul betted that you two were already dating before prom or going to from the dance. Seulgi, Irene, Hyejin, and Eric betted that you two would start dating before school ended. Then there was me, Jin, Minhyuk, and Bomi who betted that you two would take much longer than just this year to get together."

"And I won." Hwasa bragged.

"No need to rub it in."

"Wait? What does the winner get?"

"$5 from the losers each."

"So that means you lose $20 in total?"

"Yep," Hyejin smirked and Wheein immediately slapped her side.

"I can't believe you guys betted on us."

"I mean I would have too, if they gave me the chance."

"Byul, be on my side for once!" Yongsun screamed as she started to punch Moonbyul's arm while the junior only laughed.

Throughout the whole day, Moonbyul and Yongsun told their friends about their relationship and they were given positive responses in return. Some of their friends congratulated the two, while some, Sandeul and Seulgi, teased the two. Moonbyul and Yongsun knew their friends would have supported them but it didn't mean they were a little scared on how their friends would actually react. They were relieved to know that their friends held true to their support.
 



Yongsun made sure her dress was perfect before she left the house to Moonbyul's. This was the first time she was going to have dinner with the Moons, and she would be lying if she wasn't nervous. She met the Moon family before when she was waiting for Moonbyul, but couldn't get their love to stick as they all fell for Wheein's charms and she couldn't be mad cause no one can resist that pup.

She checked her phone and saw that if she didn't leave now; she was gonna be late, and she didn't want that as a first impression, so she quickly made a few minor changes to see that everything was perfect, grabbed her keys and mini purse and ran out the door.

Moonbyul was petting her dog, Daebakie, as she nervously sat on the couch. She was waiting for the senior to arrive so they could eat, and the thought about her family humiliating her made her sweat.

"Byul, when is your girlfriend coming over?" Mrs. Moon asked from across the kitchen.

"I don't know omma. Soon, I think."

As if on queue, the doorbell rang and Moonbyul immediately jumped up to answer the door. As she opened it, she couldn't help but smile and immediately hug the girl in front of her.

"Hi."

The girl chuckled as she returned the hug. "Hi Moonbyul. Can I come I or am I gonna eat dinner outside?"

"Of course you can come in and remember to call me Byulyi or Byul around my family."

"Yeah, I remember."

Yongsun remembered when Moonbyul told her first name. At first, Yongsun was confused as to why the junior used the nickname instead of her first name and all the junior replied with was, "People assumed that Moon was part of my first name and started calling me Moonbyul. It sounded cool, so I didn't correct them and started going by that instead."

Yongsun couldn't really argue against it since Moonbyul did sound much cooler than Byulyi if she was being honest. It even matched their cute little moon and sun concept, so she accepted it.

"Let's go before the food gets cold."

Moonbyul held Yongsun's hand and gently pulled her in towards her family, who sat patiently at the family table. As soon as the front door closed, the whole Moon family, excluding Moonbyul, turned to the blonde who smiled shyly and waved.

"Hi."

"Yongsun!" Mr. Moon yelled. "Come on over and sit down. Don't be shy."

"O-okay." Yongsun was always surprised by how energetic Mr. Moon was as he is so much more chipper compared to her father.

Yongsun hesitantly walked towards the table until Moonbyul dragged her by the hand to her seat.

"Come on Yong, you heard my dad. Don't be shy."

As Yongsun was being dragged, she could tell where Moonbyul gets her enthusiasm from. She was seated next to the junior and the family began eating in silence and about ten minutes later when some of the food was almost done, she was hit with questions.

"So Yongsun, are you also Korean?" Grandma Moon asked.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Older, correct?"

"Yes."

Grandma Moon then smacked her eldest grand daughter's arm. Moonbyul looked at her grandmother full of shock and confusion. "She's Korean and older. Call her unnie."

"Okay, halmoni."

"Oh, no it's fine. Yongsun is just fine." Yongsun didn't want to make a big deal out of this and tried to drop any formalities.

However, grandma Moon was not having it. "Nonsense, she needs to at least learn respect if she's going to date a woman."

Moonbyul groaned. "Halmoni, can we not talk about this."

"You see what I mean? No respect."

"omma, please. We are trying to learn more about Yongsun. Not scold Byulyi here." Mr. Moon begged.

"Yah! She learns it from you, you know. Like father, like daughter."

Mr. Moon sighed and looked at Yongsun's direction with a smile that was obviously forced. "Anyway, what job are you trying to achieve?"

"Well. I was going to be a stewardess or a tour guide sir."

"Ah, so you like traveling?"

"Yes, sir."

Mr. Moon chuckled. "Please make sure to visit our star from time to time. As you can tell, she's very needy like her dog."

"Appa!"

Everyone except the junior laughed at Mr. Moon's statement.

"I promise, I will."

The senior knew she shouldn't make such promises this early in their relationship, but she couldn't think of a future without the junior. Even if they're relationship didn't work out, she would still make sure to visit her moon.

Throughout the whole dinner, she was asked many more questions, like her grades, interests, hobbies, and many other things that the family wanted to know. Yongsun answered them as truthfully as possible and hoped the Moons were happy with what they were given.

She was happy knowing that most of the Moon family accepted her into the family, even haraboji came to accept and love her dolphin laugh. However, there was one Moon who she didn't really get to converse with and it was the one person, Yongsun wanted to impress the most. Once the meals were finished, Mrs. Moon stood up and grabbed the dishes to clean. Noticing Mrs. Moon's movement, Yongsun quickly stood up.

"I'll help you, Mrs. Moon."

"Oh, no it's fine, you're a guest. Byulyi, can you help me instead."

"Yeah, okay." Moonbyul got up and went to help her mom, but not before mouthing a sorry to Yong.

Moonbyul noticed her mother's silence throughout dinner and felt bad for Yongsun as she told her before that she wanted her mom to love her. The junior kind of had an idea of why her mother was acting the way she was and felt sorrier for her girlfriend.

Seulgi, the Moons middle child, pulled Yongsun to her side. "Our mom is overprotective of Byul after what happened with Minji, so don't feel too bad."

"I can understand her actions, but I wish she didn't automatically assume that I would do the same thing as her ex."

"You'll probably get our mom to understand if you say that to her." The youngest Moon, Yesol, said.

"I agree, just prove momma Moon that you have good intentions."

"Okay." Yongsun felt energized, talking with Moonbyul's sisters and was glad to have their support.

Yongsun heard her name being called by her girlfriend, so she walked towards Moonbyul who was wiping her hands with a towel after washing the dishes. Moonbyul noticed the senior walking towards her and smiled softly.

"How was dinner?"

"Good. Tteokbokki was amazing."

"I'll make sure to tell my mom."

"Tell me what?"

Both Moonbyul and Yongsun jumped by Mrs. Moon's sudden appearance.

"Omma, you scared us."

"My bad, but what was it that you want to tell me?"

"Oh, well, Yongsun said that your tteokbokkie is amazing."

"Ah, well I'm glad you like it." Mrs. Moon was about to leave, but Moonbyul decided to say something else.

"Omma, why didn't you talk at all during dinner? You usually aren't quiet."

"Well..."

"Is it because of Yongsun?"

"What? No of course not, I'm just tired."

Moonbyul didn't believe her mom. "Then can you two please talk?"

"What is there to talk about?"

"Mrs. Moon, I know Moonbyul's last girlfriend hurt her, but I promise you I don't plan on doing the same thing," Yongsun said, hoping those words would be enough to calm Mrs. Moon's nerve.

"Are you sure?"

Yongsun was hesitant, but with her held high and a voice filled with confidence, she spoke. "Yes."

Momma Moon didn't know whether to admire the senior's confidence or be mad with the senior's possible lie, but she guesses she couldn't be too harsh on the girl as she was trying her best. She didn't meet Minji, so Yongsun being able to be here and make an effort was good enough for her. She nodded her head, satisfied with her answer and walked away.

"Did I upset her, Byul?" Yongsun whispered towards Moonbyul's direction.

Moonbyul laughed as she shook her head. "No, she was happy with what you said."

Yongsun sighed in relief that she got her mom's approval. It was hard, but she got it.

Yongsun decided it was time to leave and said her goodbyes to the Moon family as she walked out the door with Moonbyul in hand. As the two were outside and alone, Moonbyul pulled the senior into a slow kiss and after about a minute or two Yongsun pulled away.

"Is this going to be a thing?"

Moonbyul raised an eyebrow. "What thing?"

"If one of us leaves, we kiss each other?"

Moonbyul pretended to think about it and smirked. "I would love that, unnie."

Yongsun rolled her eyes at the formality, but wouldn't let that ruin the moment. "I think I do too." Yongsun wrapped her arms around Moonbyul's neck and pulled the junior towards her for one more kiss.

The kiss didn't seem to last as long since they were interrupted by loud cheering. The two jumped at the sudden sound and looked at the nearest window to see Moonbyul's sisters watching through the window, with Yesol cheering.

"Really?" Moonbyul yelled.

"Sorry, Byul. Just ignore Yesol." Seulgi reassured her sister, but it obviously failed.

Moonbyul rolled her eyes and let go of the senior. "I'll see you next time okay?"

"Okay." Yongsun pouted. She was upset about the interruption but accepted it as she couldn't do anything about it.

"Text me when you get back?"

"Will do. Good night."

"Night."

And with that Yongsun was gone. Moonbyul stayed outside for a little longer until she went inside to see her sisters rushing to their seats, making it seem like they weren't just watching her and Yongsun kiss.

"Can I kiss my girlfriend in private please?"

"When you live here? No." Mrs. Moon answered, which caused Moonbyul to groan at the answer.







 



Just in case, you guys were confused:

Haraboji means grandpa
Halmoni means grandma