Undefined connection

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After pleading sunggyu to stop kissing him, woohyun didn’t let go of the clutch and still clung onto him like a koala. Sunggyu was flustered as to what to do next; he quickly carried woohyun outside and sat him on the protruding wall like bench next to the parking lot.

“He left me” woohyun kept murmuring as he cried his heart out hugging sunggyu by his waist resting his forehead on, it was more than crying it was like he was being injected with all the pain in the world. He didn’t even know that this break up would inflict so much in him; it wasn’t like he was married and was getting a divorce. It was just another cycle of dating and falling in love, people fall out and hurt but they eventually move on. Woohyun feared if he could do that, moving forward without someone by his side. He was getting terrified of the idea of falling in love and getting his heart broken. Did he love myungsoo that much? Or was he crying that he was a pathetic lone loser hugging a stranger while bawling his eyes out? His brain was foggy and denied any emotions other than crying. His system was urging him to let it out, let it go.

Sunggyu stood there looking down at the younger who was crying as if someone he loved died, but from the words flowing out of the crying man, he figured it was just some diabolical breakup. Unknowingly it brought back memories of him going through something like this years ago; he went through it alone since he was embarrassed to show anybody his vulnerable side. But the person hugging his waist like a kid hugging his teddy bear to sleep; looked helpless and he knew at once he wasn’t going to let him go through it alone although it hasn’t even been like two hours since they met. He felt an undefined connection to this man, that he was meant to be there letting him embrace like that and rain down his tears.

“Shh…it’s okay” sunggyu gently rubbed his back comforting him like a child, he was bewildered at the thought of him doing this but he pushed his over thinking ability aside for the time being and focused on the current situation of what to do with this one.

“We should probably get you home” he said breaking away the hug and kneeling before him to meet his dizzy face with half closed eye lids, his plump cherry lips were set with a frown and his cheeks fresh with tear droplets. Sunggyu chuckled to himself lightly before asking the guy his house address.

“I don’t want to go home, it-it reminds me so much of him, and everything smells like him. I don’t think I want to go back there ever” woohyun muffled indicating that he was going to start another sobbing session.

“Fine, let’s go to mine” sunggyu nodded to himself almost like he wanted it to happen and piggybacked woohyun to car and drove them to his apartment.

 He was shook of his train of thoughts when he heard the doorbell; he opened the door to see two men with worried hung over faces clearly showing the tiredness in their eyes. The first one introduced himself as dongwoo and the one followed as the latter’s fiancé, howon.

“He was burning up so I gave him a few medicines and put him to sleep” sunggyu spoke to break the cold silence hovering over the three men, who stood on the corridor leading to the living room,

He received words of thank yous along with apologies while he guided them to the room woohyun was in, he could hear dongwoo curse under his breath of how woohyun would always get sick after having a bad hangover. He wondered if he was his brother to have known him so well, but his brain flashed the memory that they had different family names when dongwoo introduced himself in the call early in the morning that day.

Soon he sat the couple down on the picnic bench with cups of hot coffee as he asked them to give time for woohyun to wake up so he would atleast be able to walk instead of being carried around ever since last night, they seemed convinced or probably abiding to it just because he was older. So taking the cue that they certainly didn’t know what else to speak, he questioned when they were getting married since dongwoo earlier mentioned the fiancé thing. Although not a given a merry circumstance, dongwoo seems to have easily adapted and gladly filled him with details that they were getting married in two weeks. Like long lost friends sunggyu and dongwoo immediately picked up and chatted about just anything that led their conversations from one to another, as howon watched them intently answering only when necessary.

It was already noon, woohyun slept like he was drugged even after secret attempts howon tried to wake him up by kicking him whenever he excused himself to check on his friend while the two elder men were immersed watching the news. Howon really wanted to get out of there, not be stuck in a stranger’s house when they still had million things to do before the wedding.

Sunggyu gladly ordered lunch for the them, claiming it had been a long time since he actually hung out with living beings called people since he had only recently moved to seoul from jeonju and didn’t quite know anybody from around here. When dongwoo asked why he had shifted, he said he had recently been promoted to work in the headquarters of his office in seoul. His work was going to start from tomorrow, so he was exploring the city for a week since he had come in early to get accustomed to the bigger metropolis compared to his hometown, when all this happened.  Being the social butterfly he was, dongwoo i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter