Scared

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu woke up groaning in pain since he had accidentally moved his leg to hug his pillow just like he usually does and forget about his ankle which was flaring with burning pain. He kept cursing since he couldn’t even toss and turn without hurting his ankle in some way or the other. He just wished somebody could hold his ankle in place for his so he could sleep without being conscious thinking about it.

His whole body was aching from lying down for a really long time now that his mobility has been restricted along with the stupid rules his mother and best friend came up with asking him not to step out of his room under any circumstances.

He checked the bedside clock to see it was only 5am so he definitely can’t call somebody to entertain him, wait call. His phone!

Sunggyu realized that during the whole chaotic day he spent yesterday he had forgotten his dear phone; he quickly shuffled through the table and the drawers seeing if it was there. The last time he saw was when he got out of his car the morning before, he remember holding it when he was climbing the stairs but after the fall everything was pretty blurred out on that aspect.

The more he thought the restless he was becoming; he finally got up from his bed with much difficulty and took his sister’s old crutch his mom had found in the attic in case he needed something for support while walking when no one was there. Finally making his way to the end of the stairs which took him a good fifteen minutes as he had to watch every step he took fearing something terrible would happen again, by the time he made it to the base he trudged to the couch and sat catching his breath as if he just ran a marathon.

He wanted to start searching the living room first since it was the last place he had seen his phone, ruffling through the drawers on the small cupboards around the television stand which still looked like it had a lot of repairs to be done as there were wires sprouting out of the walls in many places around the place he was in. He mentally noted to ask his mother once she wakes up why there was a sudden decision of remodeling the house without even asking him, though he was slightly relieved that his room remained untouched with his mother’s volatile nature he feared it wouldn’t last long.

“Son, what are you doing here?” his mother walked out of her room in the far end of the living room hallway looking sleepy as she was tightening the knot on her night gown.

“MOM” sunggyu exclaimed since he could definitely use an extra hand in searching for his phone with his leg which was killing him, “I need you to tell me where my phone is, I need my phone back”

“Your what?” she repeated slightly annoyed to have to woke up on a Sunday morning with the sound her son was making in the living room.

“My phone mom, my phone where is it” sunggyu yelled out frustrated since his supply of patience was running dangerously low with the pain starting to work him up.

“Ah that little devil kept ringing and I just couldn’t handle the noise so I threw it in your sister’s room while you went to the hospital” his mom yelled back and went back to her room.

“Oh ing great, now I have to get back up” sunggyu slouched on the couch exasperated, there was no way he was going to climb up the stairs once again to his sister’s room which was opposite to his upstairs.

He lied there and fell asleep after popping in some pain killers he was sane enough to bring with him downstairs.

After a few hours…

“Yah” sunggyu was shook awake by a voice which made him immediately groan in annoyance, “Can you leave me the alone?” he continued his groan.

“Language” he heard his mom shout from the kitchen probably making breakfast because he could hear his stomach growl with the smell of food.

Minseok helped sunggyu get into the kitched and settle at the dining table while his mother set up the table for the food. Silent ensued as the trio at their breakfast in silence knowing how sensitive sunggyu was while eating and kept their mouth shut while the latter ate his meal with occasional whimpering of pain.

“I need my damn phone back, can somebody help me get it?” he finally spoke after finishing his meal looking up at his mother and best friend,

“Minseok will get it for you but before that you need to tell me why you ended up here suddenly?” his mother spoke with curiosity pretty known in her tone, sunggyu turned to look at minseok who gave him a smile that said this-is-going-to-be-interesting.

“Well…um…mom…I was kinda stressed with work and just drove up here” he said trying to sound convincing as possible but his mother’s expression didn’t really help at the moment. She continued to frown while he came up with ridiculous excuses and stories of how the week took a toll on him and how the Seoul life wasn’t really setting in with him.

“It’s one of your boy problems isn’t it?” she hit the bulls’ eyes while sippi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter