Unpredictabilty

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey babe, penne or farfalle?” sunggyu called out for his boyfriend while examining the two packets of pasta on his hand, woohyun slightly twitched at the nickname but nevertheless gave out his suggestion and they ended up choosing spaghetti.

Sunggyu pushed the trolley as they shuffled around the mart to get some more stuff for their dinner, a routine they had been doing for little over a month. It felt nice but woohyun wasn’t still sure of the boundaries being established as sunggyu just naturally kicked off from the day they met up after promising woohyun to be as discreet as possible at work sensing the younger would prefer it that way. Woohyun felt relieved that sunggyu lead them up ever since the start as he was still awkward to have his brain wrap around the concept that they were a thing now.

They would take turns to sleep in each other’s apartment but mostly spent it in sunggyu’s because of his leg, go grocery shopping together after work, small weekend dates when they could fit something between their busy schedules. Yet something was missing in this relationship he was in, he was happy yes of course but something kept pulling him to take a step back from giving his all. Was it the fear of liking sunggyu more than he is? Was it the fear of him leaving like myungsoo if he went all in?

He was shook from his brooding thoughts when he saw sunggyu almost falling over into the trolley losing his balance while reaching out for something on the top shelf, “Watch out” he yelped running to sunggyu to hold his arm to help regain his balance.

“I told you to call me if you need to pick something from the shelf” woohyun whined slightly before picking up the detergent sunggyu was trying to get hold off.

“Well you told me a lot of things but end up spacing out, so I just thought why bother” sunggyu said sounding a little annoyed because ever since they had entered the market woohyun kept going into daydreaming without really paying attention to what sunggyu was saying until the elder had to repeat it multiple times or shake his shoulder to bring him back to his attention.

“Hey, I’m sorry okay?” woohyun moved closer to sunggyu intertwining their hands and taking the trolley from sunggyu with his free hand. 

Dinner went by with not much of any talks just the usual clatter about work although they see each other all day it felt like a less awkward topic always when they didn’t want to talk much with each other.

Sunggyu lay on his bed after his shower while waiting for woohyun to finish his own, he looked at the white ceiling of his room with thoughts swirling up and clouding his mind just like it had been for the past few days. Did he do the right thing by just laying off the talks required and started to act like they were a couple too fast? Did he push woohyun into accepting this whole without actually asking what the younger truly felt? The recent spacing out of woohyun was pretty bothering since if it was before they became like this he would just let it pass thinking woohyun had other problems but lately seeing him doing that when they were together couldn’t help but make him feel if he rushed out things without clearing it all? Well it had been already a month and woohyun didn’t really completely seem like he was unhappy but still sunggyu really wanted to make sure of it.

“Penny for your thoughts?” woohyun spoke looking at sunggyu stare at the ceiling unblinkingly in deep thoughts, he slid into the covers next to sunggyu and propped his elbow on the side to face the elder.

“Woohyun are you not happy being with me…you know like this?” he tried to phrase his words properly while still looking up.

He was met with silence which made him sit up while leaning against the head board, after heaving out a deep sigh he turned to the younger who was staring back at him already. Confused a little, he shifted a little closer before starting to speak further with the lack of reply to the previous statement.

“Woo-“before he could finish the word he felt something soft move on his lips, it took him only a moment to realize that woohyun was actually kissing him. But why? Before his brain could jump into the next stream of thoughts he felt the younger hover over him more like settling on his lap possibly straddling him. Wait what?

Sunggyu was more than surprised with the turn of events because ever since the past month it was majorly or only he who would initiate any form of physical contact be it hugs or small pecks. He just thought maybe woohyun still needed time to be more physical, since he had a vague memory of him telling that he was never really the type to take the first step in his previous relationship and was more of a person to kind of to just follow or accept it as it came to him. It would be a lie to say that he wasn’t disappointed at times when woohyun rejected his hugs as the younger preferred only holding hands and nothing more than that. But he was kind of assured during those rejections that it wasn’t because woohyun didn’t like it but more like he just wanted to take things slow.

His reverie was broke when he felt the loss of contact on his lips that he opened his eyes to look at woohyun who had cupped his cheeks with their noses slightly touching, both of them staye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter