Bonding

Passerby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Still worn out from the wedding?” sungjong asked the fallen warrior looking woohyun who was lying on the couch in their break room, woohyun with his eyes still closed only nodded.

“I really wanted to come if only my stupid brother didn’t break his leg while skiing” he scowled while starting the coffee machine,

“You guys are here” sunggyu emerged into the room looking bubbly as he went straight to sungjong grabbing the cup he was holding, “Thanks for the coffee” to which he got an angry groan from the younger which he ignored and went to sit on the bean bag next to the couch.

Woohyun sat upright at the voice of his boss, bowing slightly before he leaned back to sleep.

“Why weren’t you at the wedding lee sungjong?” sunggyu asked the younger who was now sipping the second cup since he had stolen the first one,

“You went there too? Why? How?” sungjong looked confused wondering why their boss went to woohyun’s best friend’s wedding when he wasn’t even close with him.

“Here comes Sherlock Lee” sunggyu sighed starting to get annoyed at sungjong’s nosy tone, “Well I happened to be invited by dongwoo himself around last week, I must say even I was taken aback but he just wanted to call me as a gesture to thank me for something”

Sungjong scrunched his eyebrows looking even more confused, but sunggyu held his hand up “And that’s all you are going to get. I don’t have to go explaining everything to you” with that their boss stood up and walked out of the room.

“He sounds like he’s PMS-ing, so ing annoying” sungjong murmured as he turned to look at the sleeping woohyun.

“Get the up” he kicked woohyun and walked away to his cabin.

Woohyun yelled back at him as he stretched a little walking up to get himself a cup of coffee before he resumed working after all the drama that just happened. He knew it was dongwoo who invited the elder to the wedding a little later, though he and howon were pissed off he was kind of glad he came.

-

The first task woohyun took up to himself for his process of revival was that he wanted to change his entire surroundings; he wanted a new place to start a new chapter of life. A life-altering change was what he needed the most, so he set out on a hunt to find a new apartment not too far away from his work. His current apartment was about twenty minutes away; he didn’t want to find a place even longer than this.

Thankfully his elder brother being a real estate agent promised to find him the perfect place, although he wasn’t really close with his brother they still maintained a fairly good relationship of calling each other from time to time, wishing each other on important days etc. although he mostly would forget most of it, his brother understood him and didn’t hold grudges unlike his mother who would wage a world war against him if he forgets her birthday or mother’s day. He was more of a filial son to his company than to his family.

Woohyun was just finishing up work as he grabbed his phone to call his brother, “Hyung, I’ll wrap up in a few minutes and meet you at the place you asked me to come earlier directly” he informed as he decked his files neatly and leaned to grab his bag.

This was the eighth place he was going to visit, hoping it would be the last and final one woohyun trudged his way to his car and started the ignition. He was so surprised to see how finding a house was such a tedious job, he was starting to grow tired even though it was his brother who did most of the job and all he did was to go visit them. Something or the other from the previous places kept him from selecting it, mostly the distance was the main problem as his budget was a bit altered it didn’t give his brother a lot of access to apartments within close proximity to his work place.

Finally reaching the place after his brother sent him the GPS coordinates, he parked it in an alley a little away from the apartment complex and walked towards it, this place really looked huge and screamed money. Hoping his brother won’t force him to pay more than the estimate he had given him he headed towards the place.

“Hyung” woohyun called out to his brother as he stepped inside the complex spotting him near the lobby that lead to the building,

The Nam brothers made their way inside and went up to the sixth floor into one of the apartment units his brother had chosen for him, something about this place kept telling him he’s been here but he couldn’t quite wrap his mind of when he was here. The elevator was the one that looked the most familiar even the entrance didn’t send him strong signals. But he continued to follow his brother and looked around the new apartment.

It was far better and looked really classy than his current one, but his suspicions on the money was still up high in the air. It was closer to his work than the old one, he absolutely wanted this. It was perfect with two bedrooms and an open styled kitchen, with a wide living room which came along with a great view of the city.

“It’s amazing hyung, but are you sure this comes within my budget?” he looked quizzically at his brother who let out a huge sigh of relief followed with a huge grin plastered on his face.

“I know it looks fancy, but this is definitely within your budget even more it’s a lot cheaper than estimate you gave me. It belonged to my close friend who wanted to sell it since he was moving back to California with his fiancé. I was right in time to strike in the best deal for you, we can seal the deal immediately and you can move in like a week after we finish up some repairs. It’s brand new and he never really used this place as he travelled a lot, so there won’t much renovation needed too unless you would like to change a few things around”

Woohyun was about to jump in joy after his brother spoke but he composed himself from acting like a excited five year old and nodded frantically to his brother, “Then I am definitely taking this baby, I think the tones are just as perfect it is. I wouldn’t want to change anything actually, I’ll just find a day to take off next week and move all my stuff here since there really isn’t many that I own”.

His brother nodded and called his friend to let him know about the agreement and proceeded to call the maintenance department to fix an appointment so they could see if all the electric lines and the water pipes were all intact.

Just when they were exiting the complex after deciding to have dinner somewhere nearby before heading home, woohyun felt his phone buzz in his pant pocket.

The called id already sent a small twerk up his lips, “Yes boss” he spoke as soon as accepting the call.

“Where are you? I thought you were still at the office” sunggyu spoke impatiently making woohyun roll his eyes since he clearly told him yesterday that he would be leaving a little early. Looks like elder forget the whole thing, “I told you I had some personal work to attend today”. With a series of ohs and yes,

“I’ll call back later then” sunnggyu let out a small whine, “No, tell me what it was that you wanted to say. I just finished up the work, it ended earlier than expected”

“Really?” woohyun heard sunggyu’s excitement profoundly as his voice squeaked loudly, “Meet me at the place I’m sending the coordinates in an hour. I gotta go now” sunggyu hurriedly rapped the words and hung up the phone.

Woohyun was about to call him back but his phone ting-ed with the message, he clicked on it to open the link to an address was a bowling alley. He was still in the process of wondering why on earth sunggyu would ask him to come to a bowling alley, when he heard the person next to him clear his throat.

“Oh hyung, I am sorry I forgot you were here. It was my boss so I had to take it” woohyun scratched his head apologetically looking at his brother while processing some possible reason to cancel their dinner plans so he had time to go back home to change and then head to the place sunggyu had asked him to come.

“Hyung…I think I need to get back to office now for some urgent work. Can we have dinner some other time together? I am so sorry” he eyed his pouting brother who finally laughed and told him to head back there. Although woohyun felt sorry to be lying through his teeth to his brother, he was happy he was actually getting to spend time with sunggyu. After the whole friends fiasco, they really didn’t have much time to catch up and talk more. Everything just keeps getting caught in a whirlwind and had them running on their toes to carry on their lives, there just didn’t seem any pause to breathe and bond together.

Woohyun was finally heading to the said bowling alley, the last time he went to one was probably somewhere during college when dongwoo forced him to get out of the library during his birthday. The younger nam couldn’t think of anything but getting more new books to read to celebrate his birthday but his best friend had different thoughts in mind, which was also the first time he realized people could get drunk on beer. Dongwoo had all along fooled him to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter