Not every other prom night.

Winds of Desire by Donna.

Image result for Indian man with beautiful hair     Image result for A picture of Raudha Atif

I glanced up at him he was cute, he definitely was a showstopper with his jet black, luscious hair and his electrifying contemplation. He said to her testing her, "Since you have taken my heart away from me, now you have to give it back with a dance on the dance floor." My lips twitched with that one suggestion, "You really slyly came up with that one, didn't you? Why don't you show me if you dance better than you talk." He smiled up at me and pouted as he throated out, "Gladly." 

We were whining to reggae, I whine up and leaned on him then we whine down, then we whine around, a man came up behind me and tried to steal a whine by surprise and he got really territorial and said, "You got to back up, where you belong." And I secretly laughed under my throat, just two seconds in his company, and he was already trying to show someone who's boss, he had a scowl on his mouth the size of Texas. 

I tried to talk him out of his sourly mood by saying, "You know you can dance really well, I guess you really mean what you say when you said that you were getting your heart back." He laughed at me on cue, and it was like the moment didn't happen, he got back on the track with the conversation and I tuned into him.

 "You've got to stop doing that, Naira. Stealing my heart is a crime. I'll have to complain to the feds for you to give it back to me. I'll say in court, she did it on purpose sir blinking her lashes and flashing those baby greens at me. Now I can't eat, sleep, or drink all I think of is Naira." I laughed at him and howled. 

"Really, I do all that to you? Just by being in the room?" He responds seriously, "Yes, you're like Aphrodite. The Greek Goddess of Beauty, you're just a extremely beautiful woman and the way you dance well, it's like a rising of the pheonix. 

I would really like to know you better. You won't leave like Cinderella, and run before the clock turns 12 will you?" I howled again, "No, I prepare to stay. My friends would be mad if I went home alone, because I drove them here so I have the keys. It's because of them I came here. Otherwise I wouldn't have come." He chippered up with a deep, languid tone, "Well I'm happy you did, I would be losing out on so much if I lost the opportunity to meet you, beautiful." I changed directions with him in the conversation, "Hey you're the one playing Cinderella on me, you never told me your name, Adonis."

 He laughed at what I said and announced, "My name is Beau Noumair but you can call me Raj, I am at your disposal."

I laughed again, "Hey your name is handsome in French which clarifies my point when I called you an Adonis."

He put his hand on his chest touched, "Parlez-vous Francais? You speak French." He kissed my hand after he made the statement and I touched the spot with my hand, wanting him to continue much longer. "Oui, Yes, I am from the French part of Guyana and I speak the French language. Even though, my mom is Indian and she does speak Hindi we also speak French." He was amazed that they had so much in common, "Me too. You know one of the things I miss about the big city?" I asked him, "What?" He mouthed, "The Carnival dancers." I added, "I know. It makes me homesick. I like to dance Carnival music at home when I'm working out."

He replied. "By the way you move, you must be very experienced." 

 I pointed to my phone. I have a Soukouss video on my Youtube, do you want to watch, maybe we can practice them here?" He talked at the top of his voice above the music, "You're on." And we started practicing the steps. Soon, we were getting relaxed and added our own moves to it. We were so into each other, that we didn't notice that the entire club had been eyeing us and on our tail all along until we heard clapping and cheering. We laughed against each other's cheeks. Beau said, "It looks like we have company, let's give them an idea of how they dance in Guyana." So we were wining in time with the music then we did a dollar wine (from left to right, then front to back), then we shimmied I did it first on him, and then he did it on me it was sweet because I already pictured in my mind the drums, the dance, the music, and my anticipation rising as the music got louder. After we were done, everyone clapped and we bowed.

I admitted to Beau, "Thanks, that was not any other prom dance I almost felt like I was back home." He confessed instantly, "Me too. We've really got to meet again, we make a good pair." My friends came over or in other words, my sisters and our friend it was Layaysia (my sister), Laya (our friend), and Liliana (my other sister). 

       

They broke out into a frenzy, Liliana said,

They broke out into a frenzy, Liliana said, "We didn't know you were going to break the club down dancing like that. If we knew you were going to do that dance, we would have joined. I love some good Guyanian music." She moved her hips into a belly roll, and started popping her out. Just ask me to dance, and I'm your girl." 

Her sister Layaysia added. "We put your show on Youtube, and it's already going viral you have 1K views. You guys should really open up a dance show." I laughed in disbelief, "And where do we have time to do that, we are only teenagers in school. We have no extra time for these idiotic schemes." 

Laya my friend who was supposed to be on my side said, "You can always practice after school at the gym." I bumped her with my arm in a knowing way. I said, "Hey, you're supposed to be helping me here, we could get caught." Beau in his all too gallant way said, "Don't stress yourself out, I live in a mansion and I never have nothing to do in it so we can practice there in the rec room." 

We all dropped our jaws at once and he snickered. I said one word at a time, "A mansion! Why you are filthy rich, what are you doing here, anyway?" I snatched on to his shirt and pulled him towards me demanding an answer. He was so nice he only laughed and said, "Well, I have to get out sometime. Do I have permission to do that? Plus, my friend invited me." I dropped his shirt and erased the questioning look off my face. "Then, I'll be going there tomorrow at 5, but only for a short time." Laya whispered in my ear, "Sure that's how it always starts, but then soon you'll be counting the time when you can see him." I punched her on the shoulder and said to Beau, "Oh and don't be late, I hate latecomers." And we headed toward the drink table.