Sailing away in Simi Smith's world.

Winds of Desire by Donna.

Today, was a good day because all our hard work on the Youtube video had paid off. We had 1 million views in over a day! We were already making a lot of money on Youtube and cashing it. To celebrate our success, Senor Carlos was throwing us a Youtube Bash Success Party. All the big Youtube stars would be there and so would my mom, my dad, my sisters, my friend, and Raj's whole family. I had never met them before so this would be interesting. I was putting on a brownish, greenish, golden prom dress and I wrapped the top layer in a spiral of curls and left the rest of my curly hair hanging down it was my best look, and I felt a thrill of excitement when I thought about all the excitement that was ahead of me I couldn't wait!


******At the party.******


I was outside of the auditorium where the party was being held at, and I saw all my relatives standing in front of the double doors. Soon as I came up, they started taking pictures and throwing confetti on my head I smiled and beamed at my mother who was throwing big kisses all over my face. She said loud and proud, "I knew you could do it, Naira. There is no better dancer than my baby! By the way, this is Raj's mother and father Edie and Leslie. Raj is an only child and he doesn't have brothers and sisters. 


Standing behind her was a fragile and tiny woman and a large and tall man, what a stark comparison. I threw on my best grin and shook both of their hands. "It's so nice to meet you, Mr. Edei and Mrs. Leslie." Edei said with a big voice that was perfectly normal with his big body, he boomed out, "I finally get to see the girl that has consumed all of Raj's attention. He talks about you all the time. I can't even get a logical thought in his head since he's always talking about you." Leslie tapped her husband on the shoulder, "Now come on and stop, you're talking down about your son in public. I am the voice of reason here, he's always saying far to more than is necessary." I laughed and gave a light shrug, "That is how most of my friends are it must be a Guyanian thing." His mom and dad both exclaimed at once, "No, you are from Guyana!" I shrieked in delight, "Yes, of course, the Eastside." Leslie hugged me and said, "Well, welcome my friend." Edei said on the other side, "Somehow Raj, managed to leave that part out of his stories of you. How cleverly uncharacteristic of him."


I warmed up at the thought of Raj thinking and talking about me every day, could it be that our future had something more held in it? Could it be that I was really special to him? I felt a feeling of satisfaction come through me. 


Senor Carlos finally opened the locked doors of the auditorium and said deeply. "Why is everyone outside? Come on in. The party is getting really good." We all followed him inside the auditorium. Inside many people were giving speeches, and surprisingly some talented dancers were putting up a show on the stage. I found an audio cassette on the table. I hadn't seen one in years since tablets came out. I knew it wasn't mine, but I couldn't help myself.

"I wonder what's in it?" I thought to myself, and I put the headphones over my ears it was a beautiful romance story of a late historical novel. Everyone was so charming in it, and the lovers who were exchanging words that were very intriguing, the best of the best, I felt like to clap after their dialogues.

I got up when they called us to eat. Surprisingly, I felt like I could eat a house! I took a piece of a roasted ham sandwich and put it on my plate. I felt a burning memory in my mind and it finally dawned on me that I had left the audio-recording on the seat I was sitting at. Certainly, I should turn it in since the person who was looking for it might want it. I left the table with the plate in hand and look all over for it, but it was not on my seat. I was about to give up looking when someone tapped me on the shoulder. Tap-Tap.

H Some of the dances they do on stage.

Novia charra

Nature and travel lovers will adore the greenery, moody florals, travel-inspired decor, and vintage feel of this industrial-chic wedding at Coppes Commons. Raj & Naira in the garden.

 

I whirled around and there was Raj, looking exceptionally handsome with a flower on the inside of his suit jacket and the cassette tape in his hands. "Missing something?" He said to me expectantly and gave me a curious look. I took it from his hand, "That's great, so you were the one who discovered it, now I can give it back to its owner." Raj started quoting the tape and I looked at him in awe.

"What dost thou wanteth the fairest of the fair?" I smiled brightly at him and replied as did the character, "Only a gayly walk around the courtyard, I said and spun around the room carried by a whim that it looked too attractive. "Then I am at your service. I must keepeth my word, especially with so much of a beautiful, charming, and elegant lady.

Then he kissed my hand and led me outside. As I went outside out of the back door I took a look at the courtyard and there were rows of flowers everywhere, with twinkly lights, and benches placed everywhere. It looked so comforting, so inviting, so homey. Raj interrupted my flow of thoughts and extended his fingers to sit me down in a chair, then he joined me. "Why dost thou have a finger on thy brow?" He questioned me. I replied. "Because thou has never seen such a beautiful sight or night such as this one, where the moon is exceptionally bright and seems like it's only shining down on us two." I point my hand to him and I and he brought himself a little closer. "I haven't gone so far as to look at the moon, because I couldn't take my eyes off of the ravishing creature beside me, you look positively delicious in that dress, and the curls in your hair are like an ornament on you. However, I would like to be closer to you than the ornaments are." I smiled at him, and winked thinking how gentlemanly he was behaving at this hour, and how much I was drawn in by his words it's like he had put a hook on me and caught me hook, line, and sinker" My stomach growled and then I remembered my predicament. "I am ravishingly hungry. Is there any better place that I can eat this slice of roasted, ham, sandwich." He then stood up and put my arm around his arm again.

He assured me, "I know the perfect place," and we walked our way out of the courtyard and into the little nook/cabin where all our relatives were. They all looked at our intertwined hands and gave us sappy smiles. My cousin Tasha came up to me and took the cassette from me. "Aww, I'm so glad you found my tape I was looking for it everywhere. It's so interesting."

I exchanged a smile and whispered, "I know I listened to it, and obviously, so did Raj because after he listened to it, he can't stop quoting from it and so thank you. It has done my love life a world of good." I joked. She looked at me and gave me a charismatic smile. Yes, Simi Smith (the author) always does that, I could sail away in the midst of her land and world." I took a teacup sitting on the table and tapped our cups together, "So could I!" And we both shared a secret smile with each other magically. Raj looked at me and gave me a coy wink, his eyes popped out of his skull when I gave him one back, and I had a rapturous giggle. I stuck my leg out and intertwined it with his under the chair. No one else could see us then I blew air on his cheek and he trembled and let me know that he wasn't too manly to resist me. I got up and walked headed toward a nice pillar. Quickly in seconds before I knew it, Raj pulled me to the side of it half covered by a bush so that no one could see us and devoured my mouth with his lips and all memory of everyone else vanished! 

 

Raindrops and Roses : Photo

by Lori Novo | Miss Yellow |

Shared Thoughts by  Popp Fine Art Giclée ~ 30 x 24

Robert Berran (1923)

ФоÑо, авÑÐ¾Ñ natalja.kamenetskaja на ЯндекÑ.ФоÑкаÑ

I love you