I give my hands up and surrender, I'm in love and always will be.

Winds of Desire by Donna.

There were people everywhere swarming around her like bees to honey. She felt like she was in the middle of a zoo. At the hospital, a doctor was saying, "Give her sugar and blood, she is dizzy because her blood sugar dropped when she almost drowned and she needs more blood to get her at homeostasis." She was passed around like a dessert around a crowd of hungry people, everyone in the hospital had some type of test to do on her to make sure she was okay. They even had to check for excess fluid in your body it could kill you, and give you heart failure; if it was not removed and of course by almost drowning she had imbibed some. So they gave her Lasix diuretics so that she could empty the fluids through urination. 
Unbeknownst to Naira, the doctors were having a field day. After a few minutes, when the nurses had gone, the number on her hospital room was loose and flipped upside down. So instead of reading 206 as it should it be, it read 209. The doctor that came in the room, had thought he had the right patient. He was supposed to give her a new liver transplant. At least, that's what he thought he was supposed to give her, but Naira knew better. 
Naira asked him, "Why are you giving me a new liver transplant? I only drowned in the water nothing extreme happened. You've got the wrong lady."
The doctor frowned at her puzzled, "It says clearly here, that it's you. You must have taken too much anesthesia and that's why you are going coo-coo, my dear."
She sighed unpleasantly and muttered under her breath. "The day they were giving doctors their licenses, they must have skipped you."
The doctor heard what she said and shrugged, "Please don't be scared. This will only be a couple of minutes. You will feel like a brand new woman when you wake up. I am going to get my tools that were delivered today. You wait here, and no funny business."
Naira nodded her head to appease him. Now she was no genius, but she knew if the doctor performed his surgery she would be a goner because he would get rid of the manageable liver that she had. She went to the only person she could turn to for help, her mother. Every girl needs her mother one day. 
"Hello, mom." She said questioningly waiting for someone to respond and allay her fears.
"Yes Naira, are you okay, my pet?" Her mom asked intuitively.
"No mom, I'm not the Dr. thinks I am here for a liver transplant. There is a mix-up. Please send someone over here to talk to him or get me out of this mess. I am so in over my head, I could faint from it all."
Her mom replied, "Now you stay as still as you can. I will send someone over right away to help you, it is no lie."
20 mins later. 
Raj came in with his alabaster brow and with a designer Givenchy coat on, she'd noticed because she'd seen it in all her magazines.
He came close to her and fondled her cheek, "How are you doing love?"
She warmed up at his affectionate words. "I'm fine, I just need a way out of this situation. They are going to do a liver transplant and I don't know if my weak body can take it."
He patted her hair and rubbed her arms and soothed and comforted her with the words, "Don't worry, I will get you out of this problem in no time or my name is not Raj. Now let's see what could have thrown them off." He said that part more to himself than to her. He walked around the room and found nothing suspicious, he was almost about to give up looking when he bumped into a door and the number jingled and swung in the air. The number was loose, that must be the problem! He turned the number around and it became a 206. He made some calls to the nurse and asked her what number they had put Naira in when they were doing her tests. The nurse told him 206. He told her to come and explain the story to the doctor because he thought the room was 209 and was about to give a liver transplant to Naira! "Oh no!" The nurse said emotionally fired and ran down two flights of stairs to get to their room. The doctor came back in right then and asked Naira, "Now that I am back would you like me to start your heart transplant. Or are you still in denial that you need one, now what is it my dear, you choose?" 
The nurse came in the middle of the conversation and put up a hand to stop him. "It is the room number that is messed up." She pointed at it. "See, now it reads 206, if you look in our charts we went to room 206, according to Raj it flipped upside down. That's why you thought this was room 209." Raj looked at him with a knowing smile and assessed him thoroughly for his reaction.
The doctor checked his charts and said, "Oh my god you are right! Someone should get that lock changed right away. I am so sorry I scared you half to death Naira, that was very unprofessional of me." Naira met his gaze and whispered, "It's okay." The doctor told her, "You and your Raj are free to go. According to the nurses' charts, they have done all the tests that they were supposed to do on you and now you are ready to go home. The nurse untaped all the IV's that were hanging off of Naira's arm and Raj tugged her jacket and put his arm around her head as they were walking out the door. 
She whispered to him, "Thank you, for coming to my rescue again." His eyes glinted naughtily as he smiled at her. "I am honored to come to the rescue of someone so pretty and innocent." 
She dropped her eyes shyly and then said, "I wonder what happened to the woman that was supposed to get a liver transplant."
Raj muttered, "She is probably as mad as a hen in a henhouse right now."
They both shared a laugh happily, and then Naira added, "It's been a crazy day. I am glad I got to share it with you, not all of it was crazy." He replied, "That's excellent news." 
They were walking behind a curtain near a bed and Naira pulled her face up to his. In a moment, she kissed him deeply and she felt like she was finally coming home. He whirled her around and kissed her the way he wanted to for better access and she held on to him tightly. She peeked at the hole in between the curtain and saw her sister approaching the hallway they just walked through. She asked him, "Do you want to stop kissing so we can talk to her?" She said with a sarcastic grin. Raj was all into her and replied firmly without a doubt, "Not on your lifetime," And reached for her to kiss her again, and she sighed longingly and let herself go limp in his arms. 


beauty with long nails

The image draws me in with color and setting and gets my imagination running with the possibilities of where that door leads

Brielle Parker no longer believes in fairytales--until she meets Prince Ashton. Heart Captivated. The Royals of Coradova by Lindsay Bergman.

Ink