What wouldn't I do for you?

Winds of Desire by Donna.

I was supposed to meet Senor Carlos my dance instructor and guide at Le Fontaine Bleue Restaurant, but it was in the town, and I had no idea how to go about there. Maps were way out of style, so instead of purchasing a map at Books A Million, I used my phone with a GPS inside it. I put it on talk while I was driving to hear what it would say. "Turn East on Havendale Blvd, I turned and I cruised down the streets, I notice that the walls looked old and decrepit, every time I saw a commercial of Le Fontaine Bleue it looked rich and classy, now how could it be located in this old, dilapidated town? I scolded myself, maybe it was a little off of ways of this town. Yes, that has to be it. I took the green light and the phone said, down Westminster Blvd, I looked at the graffiti on Westminster Blvd and shuddered it looked like an old gang zone. I was feeling a little scared, hoping that I wouldn't be stopped by a man with a gun anywhere. I scolded myself again, I shook my head at my thoughts, "Naira, you watch way too many movies." 


Then the GPS said to keep going straight, then I stopped in front of a small plaza you have arrived at your location on North Abbey Avenue. I got out of the car and looked all around me, as a matter of fact, the place looked far too unappealing to the eye, I raised my eyes looking for a sign of Le Fontaine Bleu in front of the stores, but all I saw was Hair Shop, Beauty Parlor, Animal Parlor.


"Where in the world am I?" I asked myself out loud looking at the heavens at God for an answer, but none came, and I tapped my feet routinely starting to grow anxious. Now, who else could know about this place other than me? Oh my god, a lightbulb came up in my head and I gave God a thumbs up. Raj! He was Senor Carlos', right-hand man. I hope he wasn't at work though. I called him on the phone and waited for him to pick up to my ring, after four rings he finally picked up and my heart soared. "Yes?" he questioned me. "Oh, Raj thank God you answered, I was afraid I was stuck at this little town all by myself. Oh my god, Raj! Senor Carlos sent me to Le Fontaine Bleue to meet him and I used my GPS and got lost, I am in the outskirts of town, I am so scared, what if someone tries to rob me or puts a gun to my head." Raj answered, "It's going to be okay, I'm coming to get you. Where are you right now?" I looked at the sign "On North Abbey off of Westminster Road in Dade County." I heard a noise like the jingle of keys and then he said, "I am coming to get you, stay put and get in your car and lock all the doors. Do not step out, so that not a hair on your head is touched. I am coming straight away."


I then started to think of how busy he must have been and now I was giving him responsibility. I interrogated him, "But, aren't you at work?" He asked me puzzled, "Out of all the things you could ask me? You are in a town where you could be bird food, and you are worried about my measly job?" I then thought of how silly I was, "I guess that's not the important thing." He replied, "You got that right, I will be there in 20 minutes." I said a silent thank you to God in my heart, where would I be without Raj to save me? I brought the phone receptor to my lips and in sultry tones, I uttered, "Thank you are a miracle from heaven. Bye Raj." He answered fervently in his distinctive sultry tone and it made my legs wiggle. "Bye, my angel." We disconnected and I felt my stomach bubble it had been five hours since I had food, since I was intending to eat at the restaurant with Senor Carlos. I got in the car and locked all the doors, and then I put on some classical music, it was a while till anyone came and in the meantime, I drifted off to sleep.
*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
Raj came to the door ready to rescue Naira again with a map in his hand. He used his free hand to rap the car. No answer was the reply. He then bent on all fours to see the inside of the car, it was tinted but he could make out a dark head and he saw her eyes were shut. Why she was fast asleep! What a moment to fall asleep and in such a predicament! She must have been worn out and busy all day. He then got an idea and got out his cellphone and called her number.


Naira saw a giant lollipop in her dreams, aw it looked so good and she was hungry. She was just about to grab it when a noise woke me up in her dream. Oh no, was the police coming? The noise got louder and she was knocked out of her dreams. When she looked in her lap it was her cellphone soon the current situation came back to mind and she rushed and answered, "Hello?" She tried not to sound to groggy. "Raj?" He smiled whimsically and talked into the phone. "Yes it's me Naira, I am outside your door trying to get your attention." She jumped up from her reverie, "Okay, let me open the door." She clicked the unlock button on her car and Raj bent down into the small space and peered in at her his hair was done like a Spaniard in curls and all black and y and he spoke to her in the softest voice and all she felt like to do was kiss him. 

Image result for A picture of a Spanish man with black curly hair        A picture of Raj.  A picture of Naira. 

He ran a nimble finger down her cheek. "Ok, Naira I am going to show you the way to Le Fontaine Bleue and the way back home, but you have to be brave and follow me. Will you," He then caressed the sides of her lips, and her lips twisted into a smile. She responded eagerly, "Yes I'd follow you to the moon if I have to." He then brought his lips toward her and kiss her on the cheek. "Good, because I only have eyes for you." Her eyelids fluttered, and then he shut the door and walked to his car. She revved up the engine and followed him boldly. They passed many streets up north, and then soon they stopped at a restaurant at the curb, and yes there were many friendly places in this sunny side of town. Naira took off her sunglasses and hustled out of the car, and then headed for the door, and Raj opened it for her. They walked in the restaurant and saw Senor Carlos with his shiny bald head scanning the corners of the restaurant, his eyes light up when he saw them, and he got up to give Raj a manly fist pump and then hugged Naira. "Did you run into some trouble?" She nodded her head, "I got lost with the use of a GPS." He whistled and replied, "That has happened to me many times that's why I always take a map. Just in case." She agreed with him, "I will certainly do that from now on." Senor Carlos smiled and then said, It's great that both of you are here. I only wanted to talk to Naira, but now that Raj is here, I am going to let you both in on the news since it concerns the both of you." 


They both peered up at him excitedly waiting for what he was going to say. Naira rushed him, "Yes we're listening."

He said, "Dance Till You Drop Corporation is impressed with your business and wants you both to move to California, to start a daily dance class, and to train their students. They are going to pay you $1000.00 starting pay. Now I know that this is a big decision and you guys may want to think about it, but don't wait too long, because this is the chance of your dreams." Both of their mouths dropped open Naira spoke up first, "Wow I can't believe it. This is great, all we wanted were a few views, but this more than we can ask for." Raj added, "But the thing is my mom and dad are here in Wisconsin..." he trailed off and Naira finished the sentence for him, "We don't know if we can leave them, they are very dear to us."


She opened her doe eyes at Senor Carlos, and he made a noise in his throat. Then he thought, "Why don't you bring them with you? Then you can all feel the dance experience."


She replied, "That's only if they want to. Remember, we have to run it by them first, before we go around making crazy decisions."


Raj added, "Exactly. That goes for both of us."


Senor Carlos, "I gave you the message and now all you have to do is make a decision. I just hope you make the right choice. Experiences like this don't just happen every day."


Naira answered, "You leave that to us." She then got one of the fish fillets in and then she moaned, where have I been all my life and I didn't know about this fish and absorbed it wholeheartedly. She told them, "I was so hungry. Food is exactly what I want to see at this moment." Senor Carlos asked her, "When did you last eat?" Naira worked up a reply after one jaw-dropping fish fillet slice. "Five hours ago." He snapped his finger and said, "Waitress, she's going to need more of the food and some to go." Naira smiled at him good-naturedly, "You are a lifesaver", and took another slice of the fish fillet.


Senor Carlos then said to them, "I'm going to head home. You two stay and enjoy your meal. See you tomorrow." They both shook hands with him, and said, "We'll see you tomorrow. Have a safe trip back home." 


Raj waited till Senor Carlos was gone and then said to Naira, "I am saving your life almost every week now. It's become a day-in, day-out job."

She smiled at him and her cheeks were rosy, "I have come to expect it, but are you tired of coming to save me?" He shook his head dramatically and took her hand and covered it with his, "I will save you for as many times as you need me to."

He drew in close to her and she could feel her heartbeat jumping then he kissed her and she lingered in his arms and the temperature in the room went up.

He pulled her into his chest, "How about we make it official, you and I? Will you go out with me Naira? There I said it!"

He said it in the softest voice and she felt like her heart was sinking for him the firm resolve she always had with him, melted away and she drew herself closer in his arms and raised her arms to his.

"Yes," she said without thinking. And at the moment she felt so happy because the moment she always wanted finally had come she was going out with Raj. She had always wanted somebody in her life, but no one ever came, and now she had finally found someone and he was here to stay. She felt so joyous that she kissed him really enthusiastically this time. "I would do anything for you." She told him, and they relaxed in each other's arms feeling loved.

 

 A picture of them embracing, well you get the picture! 

Romanticismo: LIBERAMI

ððððððððâ¤â¤ðâ¤ðâ¤ðâ¤ð

Actress Marpessa Dawn with husband Georges Vander...