Keeper of her heart.

Winds of Desire by Donna.

Things were heating up at Raj's mansion, he was practicing with Naira and him were getting up close and personal he could see her pulse throb in her neck and he could tell that despite what she said about coming to the house and then going right on time, that she wasn't unaffected.  He had hired him  She didn't know that he had a trick up his sleeve. He whistled and then into the room and here came in, "Senor Carlos." 

He spun around in a circle in a grand way and introduced himself. "Hello, I'm Senor Carlos the dance instructor, I am going to be teaching you how to dance to Carnival music."

Naira rolled her eyes and walked in front of him trying to get Raj's attention and blocking the guy from uttering another word. "Who is this clown? I thought this dance practice was going to be with just you and me?"

Raj snorted and said prosaically, "I am Raj, the son of a traveling merchant and I can't be seen doing amateur moves, I have a reputation to protect. I'm going to be on Youtube and in order to get the 1 million votes that we want we are going to have to work extra hard. I think Carlos is just the man to do it."

I felt annoyance buildup in my face and I smiled hard trying not to frown at him. "Why didn't you talk to me your partner about it? I know that I am a woman and your partner and I deserve to know this. We danced well at the club. Why don't you believe that?"

He looked at me and said, "Actually, you danced remarkably well on the dance floor, and that's the problem I'm afraid that if I'm alone with you I won't be able to resist your charms."

She blinked fast, she didn't expect him to give a bare confession like that! He threw her off guard. Most guys would have chuckled, and given her a line, but he just threw it out there and lay his heart on the line. It was chemical she could feel her heart pounding like an earthquake and her lips pouting. 

She couldn't help but feel good by his answer. In a way, it was a compliment. If he couldn't get her off his mind, it meant she was irresistible and that made her a potent partner. 

She went up to him and threw her arm around his neck, "Ok, then let's dance." She smiled and she saw his face go still as if he couldn't believe what she was saying. Carlos talked, "One, two, step, step, twist. One, two, step, step, twist." She followed his instructions to the tee. It was Raj who seemed to be having a problem it was like he wasn't used to this instruction thing. 

She lowered her voice into a baritone. "What is it? Something's bothering you, I can see it in your eyes." He said, "It's just that, I'm not used to all these numbers, what happened to just feel the music." She looked at him eye to eye and her eyes were hypnotic. "Then just forget that the dance instructor is here, and just imagine that we are in a Carnival dancing and there are baton dancers dancing all around, she saw his body began to relax and then his twist came out intuitively, you're doing good now just dance. This time he danced and lifted her up in the air in a triple spin. She smiled when her body landed on him at the end, and they were trying to catch their breaths smiling at each other.

Senor Carlos the dance instructor broke into applause and she took her eyes off of him realizing that the man was still here. "You guys dance like trained professionals, that was good." She laughed at him because for the first half of the dance she had forgotten he was there she had been so into Raj's confession that she was oblivious. "Really," she replied when she found her voice. I could say that Raj is the expert." The man snapped his fingers, "No you guys work good as a team, and you have good skill. No wonder your Youtube Video made 1K. I think it would be my honor to train you two if you wouldn't mind having me." 

She gave the man a pat on the arm, "Of course we'd love to have you, we need you. Even though, we're good. To be what the Youtubers want we have to dig deep and find our inner dancer, and we believe you can bring it out!" He flushed and wiped his tears with a handkerchief, "Well if you say so, then I'm in." They both hugged him and smiled.

Later on, Senor Carlos had them practice by themselves. Raj pulled her face over to him and did a double turn, and then she was so close to his lips. She was so close, he could just get closer to her and kiss her. However, before he could do that and he could tell it would be a kiss that would never end, Senor Carlos came back in. "Is there something going on between you too, that I don't know about?" They broke apart from each other looking guilty, Naira shook her head. Then when she saw that wasn't enough she said, "We were just having complications with the steps, that's all. We'll get back to business." His eyes looked as observant as a hawk. "Alright, but I have my eyes on you." 

He left the room again, and Naira swatted him on the shoulder. "Why did you do that, I thought you were trying to be a professional, then you take me off guard, by trying to place a wet one." She looked at him disappointed and did a figure 8 pattern. He looked her deep in her eyes, "Can you blame me for being human? So I got weak. Doesn't any man?" She tried to keep a serious face. "You're distracted and if you are then you have to refocus because we want to be good at this? You hear me?" He nodded his head, but then covered his ears when her ringtone sang, "Maa ka phone aaya. Maa ka phone aaya. Mother's call is coming. Mother's call is coming." She picked it up and it was her sister Layaysia on the line. "Hey, so did you do your dance routine with the hunk." She had accidentally put her phone on speaker and she could see Raj smile. Talk about embarrassing." 

She called out to God and said, "Please tell me that is not why you're calling. You know I am a busy person. So get to the point."

Her sister hesitated with each word she took, "Well we just wanted to know if we could hang out with you and Raj at the mansion? Oh, how does it look."

She squeezed out, "How am I supposed to know? I was dancing."

She answered, "Please tell me."

Naira thought over it if they were nearby her and Raj could practice without all the heat between them, she gave in, "Get your over here and see for yourself." 

Layaysia told the other two girls Laya and Liliana, "She says we can come. We knew you'd come around! Bye." 

"Now where were we?" She asked Raj. Raj ignored the outstretched arm she offered to him and smirked with a telltale look in his eyes, "So you and your sister were talking about me?" 

She gave him a nonchalant look. "Me? That's only my sisters talking. I have way too many important things to do than to talk about you." She put her gaze up as if to say, "Who do you think you are?"

He backed off then took her outstretched arms and started to wind, "Okay, then let's dance."

Related image

20 MINUTES LATER.

Layaysia, the youngest sister jumped all around the house and pointed at the trophies on the wall and the big poster of Celine Dion! "Wow, this house looks great!" They all walked toward the swimming pool area, "Oh my god, we've got to throw a party here. It has chairs, towels, bathroom, everything we need for a party." Liliana the second oldest said to Naira, "This would be a perfect place to shoot your Youtube video it has beautiful scenery, and lovely palm trees. That's what people think about when they think of Carnival on the islands, you can make it look the part." Laya whispered in her ear, "Has Raj tried to kiss you yet?" Naira tried to answer and her cheeks burned, "I'd rather not give you the satisfaction of a reply." She walked out of the room, and she knew with an assurance that soon the rumor would be out that Raj tried to kiss her. Raj was in the kitchen talking to Senor Carlos, who was getting ready to leave." He replied, "Where have you been hiding." She raised her eyebrows innocently, "Oh nowhere." 

She told Senor Carlos, "I enjoyed your class, Carlos. See you tomorrow. Carlos waved and closed the door. She told Raj, "Well, it's time to leave, I'm going to tell the girls that it's time for us to leave. Bye." He held her arm to keep her from leaving and turned her around. He admitted, "I can't stop thinking about the kiss that never happened, the more I try to ignore it the more I yearn for it." Then in the blink of an eye, he kissed her and her whole atmosphere changed instead of fighting him off she was helping him and she felt like she wanted it to last forever. They kissed for the longest time and she got a dazed look in her eye, she tried to get rid of it so that her sisters, wouldn't see it. As a gentleman, he announced, "I'll go and get your sisters." She went out to the car and put on the ignition, her sisters got in the car, "We really don't want to go. We will be back tomorrow." She didn't say anything to him, but when he stared at her his eyes burned in her memory as her body quivered and her stomach trembled and she took the steering wheel and drove towards the interstate.