My Adventurous One.

Winds of Desire by Donna.

On the next day of our crazy fiasco of a trip, we were both showering in the icy river it was ice cold, but we had no choice because we had no way of showering ourselves. I was wearing a tank top and some pants, thank God I came prepared and Raj was wearing well I don't know what he was wearing because we promised not to look at each other when we changed on the shore. I saw his head move a little to the right.

I commanded, "No peeking you promised not to peek." He added, "Don't you think this is childish? Ok, I'm not looking, go ahead! I couln't anyway because I am trying to wash out all those dirty handprints those sailors left on me. I feel so much better knowing that they're greasy digits (fingertips) are no longer on my body, any longer." She said, "Ah, you're so sensitive, they were only dancing with you." He whipped in, "Well, they were enjoying it too much. And it's a question to a man's masculinity when they don't know a man even if it hit them cockeyed." I threw in, "I beg to differ if it weren't for your disguise we would have been fish food right now." He mustered, "No doubt about that! I will always be your hero!" I laughed at his gall. I replied, "I beg to differ. You were also at risk of losing your head."

He brushed my statement off and verbalized, "I already know how to defend myself. You were the one who had no protection." I vented out on him, "I was the one who came up with the plan. You were sleeping soundly away in your jammies. By morning they would have captured you and lock you in a cage." He gave in and admitted, "Okay, you're right. You are my hero." I added proudly, "No doubt. My mind spirals at the events we were so close, but we got away in the blink of an eye." He answered, "Well, what would you like as a reward." I thought hardly and deeply on that one, I had to make it last because it would be the one and only time I get this offer. I thought of it, "You must wash my clothes for me. They got all wet in the boat and they could use a good wringing out. It's not too much for you is it?" He retorted, "Not at all. I'll do it as soon as we're out of here." His head moved a little toward me and I stopped him, "Don't-" He answered for me, "Peek I know. I'm going back up to the tent." I didn't look at Naira, I didn't feel comfortable too anyway, only when she wanted to. 


We restalked sticks into the fireplace, I lay my back on a palm tree afterward and commented, "You know, I love these little sandwiches we eat for lunch, but they don't do the job of filling me up, they only hold me for two hours and then I'm famished again. I am in dire need of some real food, but where are we going to get some around here?" Raj thought to himself and then his face lights up and he responds, "I can fry a nice fish for you. I'm really good at finding them and making a nice skillet I learned that at camp." I opened my mouth wide and rejoindered, "Wow, I didn't know you could do that. I am so glad that out of everybody I was stuck with you. Well, don't just flounder around get started.

He laughed and said in response, "You are so bossy. Yes, I can get started, but I need a fishing hook." I thumbed the ground and I found broken bone shards and wood splinters. I shouted, "I'll just use this." I carved a hook and then used a single point as the tip. I exclaimed and called out, "I found a fishing hook." She giggled excitedly and joined my side. "Good, let's cast the line." I tied my fishing line to the blunt end of the gorge, and insert the hook into a chunk of meat or a fat grub. Then I positioned the gorge so that it makes a "V" shape with the fishing line as a hook." Soon I felt something bite my fishing hook. I said wondrously, "This river is full of fish, I've never seen them hook on so fast. T

he chunk of meat must have done the trick!" I pulled in the line and at the end was some trout. I took it and put it in the ziplock bag Naira was holding I had purchased a pack for my sandwich and she was utilizing them. I add some more meat and then cast the line, again and I pulled it in. At this time, a panfish got hooked on and I handed it to Naira. I caught a couple more fishes, and then we took all the items to the fire, and I made a rock knife and then we both cleaned the fish together. We washed it with some lemon we found nearby on a tree. It was nice to be working like this with a spirit of harmony. However, Naira wasn't so good at cleaning fish, and I had to tutor her first on what to do. I instructed, "Pull off the scales and then cut the mouth and remove the veins inside the fish."

I put my hands over hers to show her, and when I did I felt a bolt of electricity fly down my arm. I looked at her face, did she feel it too. I tried to ignore the effects although my voice started to sound very weak as I showed her the right way to do it. She looked at me without blinking and then mimicked what I did. She asked me, "Like this." I nodded my head, "Yes, but lighter . Softly move the knife." And when I showed her I felt butterflies in my stomach. Luckily for me, she seemed to catch on. "Ok, I got it." We went back to our normal pace of working. In most relationships, the girl would have left me alone with the fish, and would have looked through a magazine, but not Naira she wanted to be in on all the work too. I liked that it showed a lot of prospects for our future. She was more of the adventurous sort than the last girls I dated and I liked that about her. I also have an adventurous type and she brought it out of me. From now I'd call her, my adventurous one. 
I got some pineapples, mangoes, and oranges from a nearby tree and cut them with my knife into halves and placed them beside the fried fish. It looked magically delicious and I marveled that we managed to do that ourselves. It was almost what you'd see if you were boarding at a hotel and eating at a local restaurant. I felt proud of it and took a picture pressed the button then joined Naira as the flash came on and pick her up in my arms. I looked at the picture, our faces were radiant and it touched my heart that we had shared this moment together. 

 Image result for A picture of a man and woman on a deserted island taking a picture by fried fish and fruits.

Soon we sat around the fire and our stomachs were full, and I belched and Naira laughed simultaneously. We smiled into each other's faces and then I held her hand, "We always have a good time in each other's company. Why's that?" She hesitated then looked at me wistfully and pouted her lips then she affirmed, "I think it's because we're too pods in a pie. We're meant to be friends. Plus we know how to make the best of the situation." I looked at her, I agreed but not so much, I express, "Maybe so, but not entirely. Perhaps it could also be because we share a great chemistry. When I put you in my arms I feel like there are lightning bolts all over my body and my chest gets heavy with butterflies. Do you feel the same?" I touched her on the arm, and I saw the pulse on her neck starting to move quickly. "Perhaps. I'm not the only one who feels that way. Even though you'd never admit it." I touched her again and this time she got up and walked toward the tent. "I think all I am feeling is sleepiness, I'm going to sleep." She was lying I could tell, but I was too lost in my feelings to argue so I turned my body back around toward the fire.
*******************************
Naira's Side of the Story:
I got back in the tent and I flustered suddenly overcome with my thoughts. I had felt it, but to let Raj know that would mean that Raj would have too much power over me so I kept it to myself. His emotions probably wouldn't last long and soon he'd be dating someone else. I didn't want to lose my heart to him and then he didn't remain in my life. It seems so easy to brush his affections away and to simply carry on as chums. Even though a deeper part of me said, "What kind of chums, kiss?" I thought to myself, "Well it wasn't that many times and I'd make myself like steel so that I wouldn't fall for his charms, and then we could separate without any regrets.
*******************************
Raj's side of the story.
I waited until I heard her asleep and then I thought in my head I am going to do what I said I was going to do a long time ago. I had been thinking about it for so long that I even came prepared. I went into the tent for a moment and then went back near the fireplace.
********************************
Naira's side of the story:

It was morning time and I had been asleep for eight hours I spread my arms out and yawned. I was really feeling light as a feather. I put my arms on my hand and then cracked both sides of my neck and then looked around. Something flashed out to me like gold and then I saw a crystal shadow on the tent. "Where did that come from?" I thought and I peered all around the tent. I didn't see it anymore so I stopped looking. Soon I got out my papers and pens and started writing something down. Then I looked at my hand or more specifically my finger on it was the largest and most enchanting diamond I had ever seen and it twinkled at me as I tried to put tails to heads of my thoughts. I jumped up from the ground in surprise and started screaming, "Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!" It was a 24-carat diamond engagement ring which means that Raj wants to get married. Out of all people and the surprise is-its to me! I got up and started jumping at high speed around the room! What a shocker! I would have never thought he would have wanted me as a wife. I always saw him with someone rich and elite like him. Not and woodsy girl next door me! I was so happy that tears started to come from my eyes. In the distance, I heard footsteps pounding on the sand. I prepared myself for a revelation. 
Raj came in the tent and saw the expression on my face and came towards me and started to hug me. We hugged for the longest time. It was like a breakthrough. Raj actually had planned this all out and I knew nothing about it. I orate, "How did you do this and why? Are you sure this is what you want?" He looked at me his eyes as fresh as the morning dew, " I have never been more sure of anything in my life! Because I love you and I wanted to do this a long time. I waited until you were asleep and then I put the ring on your finger," then he said more quietly, "Unless you don't want to marry me unless you had someone else besides me?" I looked at him as if he were crazy, "Who else? I would never want anyone else, all this time the only one I dream of is you. I can't believe this has come true." He remarked, "However you have tears going down on your eyes. Are you sure you want to embark on this journey? Is this what you want with your life?" I put my arms around him and pulled him toward me then I uttered, "I was just crying because I'm so happy I'm with you. I wouldn't want anything more than to share my life with you. You light up my world. I wouldn't dare throw that away. All I want is you, just you." We then embraced and he fondly dried the tears from my eyes. He whispered, "Thank you for giving me the gift of becoming my future wife." And in his embrace, I closed my eyes subdued. 

♡ butterfly spirit ♡Decent Image Scraps: AnimationThis proposal video is such a tearjerker, and he made the whole day so special for her.y