That Night

Little Steps into Love

 

After all that ridiculous moment, Kait just got tired all over again and passed out on her bed- forgetting that I said Joon was here.
I luckily got her spot on the couch after she had went to her room. I took her blanket that was there and comfort myself in it, while watching TV in low volume. Remote in my right hand and phone sitting on my stomach.
He should be able to message me soon... I hope.
-An Hour Passed-
*Vrrrrrr* Vibrate rumbled on my stomach.
I opened my eyes- rubbing them. Did I fall asleep?
Pressing on my phone, A NEW MESSAGE. I looked at the time. It's 9:33pm.
 
Viewing the message, it said:
Thunder: Ah, Hi~ I'm so sorry, I was supposed to message you back after 10 minutes, but the guys were pushy and I guess I got carried away ^-^ 
Me: Don't worry. I fell asleep anyways but you just woke me up. hehehehe
Thunder: Oh! I didn't mean to wake you up. I couldn't decide weither to text you back tonight or tomorrow morning because I was scared you wouldn't sleep just waiting for my text...
Me: Don't think such things. I'm fine, I'm just really exhausted from the concert yesterday, waking up in a hospital and my aching ankle. 
I sat there waiting for him to text back. I finally turned off the tv because the only thing that was on were useless commercials.
 
I decided to lay on my back- trying to keep my eyes open so I wouldn't fall back asleep
*Knock Knock*
Hearing knocks from the door, my eyes had widen and I stood up from the couch. 
Who would visit at this hour? 
I wasn't thinking. I went in the kitchen and had taken out a frying pan. If this unknown guy at the door thinks he's gonna get some of me, he's going to get a pan to the face!
 
Slowly approaching the door, I stand atleast a 10 inches away. I proceeded my arm to the knob, but then
*Knock Knock* More knocking. I ran back on my couch, and hid under the covers. 
Unknown: Hi... it's me.
Who's me?
I got back on my feet, ran and rammed the door open- still holding the pan like I'm ready to hit a ball out of the park.
He fliched back making his back hit the hallway wall. He collapsed right on his and looked up to me, and giving me a surprise look- with those sensitive eyes.
Then I realised who it was... Thunder?
 
I immediately placed the frying pan on the kitchen counter and went back to the apartment hallway while Thunder was sitting on the floor against the wall.
I left my hand out to help him back up, and he quickly grab it to help himself up too.
"Oh my God, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scared you like that!"
We were both on our two feet, standing in the middle of the hallway all awkward of what just happened.
 
"Uhh... Can I come in?" He wooshed his hand from behind him and held a blue plastic bag right infront of my face. 
"I bought some stuff... you know, for you and your ankle." He looked away from my face and looked at the ground.
I didn't say anything. I grabbed his wrist and welcomed him into the room so we didn't have to stay in the hallway. As that happen, my ankle felt all unstabled and throbbing pain started.
 
Ugh why must I be so stupid and run even though I have a sprained ankle?
 
As he was standing near the door zipping off his black leather jacket, I offered to get him something to drink. So I tried walking to the kitchen without seeming like my ankle was hurting like hell.
"Maybe you shouldn't be walking... your ankle will get worst if you keep putting pressure on it." said Thunder walking toward the couch to sit on it.
"Ah, it's fine... doesn't hurt at all." Guilt roamed in my mind knowing I just lied to him. "It's atleast something I can do since you decided to come here at such a time."
 
As I was reaching for a cup from one of the high shelves, My ankle decides to become jello like and make me hit the floor- hard. Sitting up and instantly grabbing my ankle
"Aishhh! That hurt!" I was pouting.
In moments of seconds, he came up to me and bent down to be at my level. His face was so close to mine, probably 3 inches away. 
"______, are you okay?!"
I shook my head.
 
He didn't say anything but went behind me where I couldn't see him. I felt a strong pair of arms under my leg and holding my back. Slowly moving up, he was carrying me in a bridal style- which made me so embarrassed that I didn't even look at him. I was scared if I was too heavy for him to handle. 
We approached the couch and then he gently placed me on it, then covering my legs with the blanket. I still looked away in embarrasment. 
 
"You must be more careful, ______. That's it... no more walking for you for now. I'll take care of things for now." He walked away to go in the kitchen.
"Ah wait! You don't have too.. you can go home if you want, it's almost 10pm. You didn't have to come by." Then the thought hit me.
How did he know where I lived?
"If you don't mind I ask... how did you know where I live?"
"Well for some reason, while you were still sleeping at the hospital, your friend randomly told me where you guys lived, incase if i wanted to visit or "decide if I want to have babies with you." He was doing the quotation bunny ears. "That's her words, not mine." He started to giggle.
Dammit Kait.
 
He came back from the kitchen with a bowl of soup and placed it on the coffee table right infront of me. 
"Eat up! I bought some chicken noodle soup for you... if that's okay." He walked away to the sink to soak up a white cloth. He came back and went to the end of the couch where my feet were. He carefully grabbed my hurt ankle (Which surprised me a bit) and placed it on a pillow, just on top of the arm rest. He then took the wet cloth, folded it and put it on my ankle. 
It was warm. 
 
"Ah right. You're lying down on your back and you can't move facing the table because I put that cloth on you. Hmmm, now how are you going to eat?"
I didn't say anything, actually I wasn't looking at him- just at my ankle that was wrapped up with a wet cloth. 
He was behind me, when suddenly
"______-yah. Looky here." I faced to the side and saw that he was holding a spoonful of the chicken noodle soup right to my face. Was he trying to feed me?
"Oh, I can do it myself." I conviced. 
"Yeah, but you would have to adjust yourself and everything. And since you're lying down, you might spill. No worries, I won't pretend to feed you and tease away the spoon so you can't eat."
"Well... are you sure about this? It's kind of embarrassing."
"It's okay. I came to help anyways! Now say 'Ahhhh~'"
I opened my mouth- not by a lot, but enough for him to put the spoonful of chicken noodle soup in. It was so weird, I didn't want him to look at me or us make eye contact while this was happening. I would be chewing, looking at anywhere, aslong as it wasn't in his direction.   
"Is it... okay?" He asked me, trying to look at me.
"It's fine." I said awkwardly.
 
He kept on feeding me, which was ever still so awkward! Finally, on the last spoonful, he gave it to me, but a bit started dripping on the end of my lips. I reacted so suddenly, that I pulled my sleeve over my hand to go wipe it. When I was going to wipe, he grabbed my wrist.
"Opps, didn't mean too. And you shouldn't get your sweater wet or dirty."
While still holding my wrist, he turned to the table to grab a tissue. He turned back at me- meeting my eyes. He scrunched up the tissue and proceeded to press it against my mouth- wiping the soup away. 
"There! No mess. Was it good soup?" He gave me a sweet small smile, just made my heart jumped. It felt out of place.
"Yeah, I liked it. Thanks for buying me some and making me it. Especially since you were nice enough to feeding it to me too.." I looked away.
"No problem. Glad to help." He grabbed the tissue and the bowl and made his way to the sink. Placing the bowl in the sink, he came out of the kitchen.
 
Standing infront of me, then squating down at my height he said
"Anything else I can do for you, ______-ah?" 
"No, it's getting late anyways. You should go back and sleep just incase you might have a busy schedual tomorrow." I smiled at him. 
"Well okay." He got up and put on his jacket. He zipped it up half way.
"Well I hope to see you soon, _____. Don't walk on your ankle too much, nor run! Or else I'll come by again and feed you soup again- which I know how embarrased you got when that happen. Hahahhah." 
"Yeah, yeah. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Byebye!" I said.
He simply walked out the door, closing it on his way out.
I decided to snuggle up while still on the couch, and closed my eyes. Then suddenly, heard my phone vibrate on the coffee table and was about to fall down. It was a message, and I check out who and what it was.
Thunder: Sleep well. Hope we can hangout soon!^
Me: Thank you, sleep well too. Message me when you have free time, alright?
Thunder: Of Course :).
I can't deal with the fact that he likes to use smileys a lot. What a good guy.
I looked around the room and see that he had left the blue bag he brought with him against the couch. I was quite curious on what was in there, so I took a peek. What I had found was a little bear- the size of my palm and a little yellow note in. I read it outloud.
Dear ______, 
Hope you came across this bag and not leave that bear all alone knowing it wouldn't get picked up. Isn't it cute? They were giving some away at the gorcery store while I was buying some soup for you, so I thought I should give it to you as a gratitude, for saying I am your favorite and all. That made me really happy for someone to say to me. As much as you know who I am, I want to know you and become friends with you.  Meeting you at the hospital, it was a fun time and I want more times like that with you. I will hear from you soon, promise? heheheh.
Hope you will get better.
-Thunder :)
 
Why does my mouth hurt? Right, I'm probably smiling like a goof. I've never been written a letter like this before. It made me happy, knowing he took the time to write this, just for me. I must be lucky, feeling this way in all. And I love the way he draws his smileys. It lightens up everything. 
Today, too much happened. But these two days... I see good in them.
I went to my bedroom, and slept throughout the night like a baby.
 
--------------------------------
Blah! Sorry I don't update much D: I'm actually not good with creative writing so sometimes I get frustrated and blahblahblah.
But is it good so far? hahahaha. I'll do my best til the very end! For Thunder baby, hehehe.