Appearing In My Mind

Little Steps into Love

 

"Hmm, what's that?"
 
"Was everything okay yesterday? Not that I think I know everyone's emotions, but as I was watching you guys perform on stage, I noticed you seemed like you didn't have the energy to do it. At signing too. You just didn't seem well either, so that's how I decided to actually confess that you are my favorite... because I thought it would cheer you up- although it might have sounded creepy." I laughed a bit.
 
"Ah no no, everything was fine..." He had stopped making eye contact with me and stared somewhere else. 
 
I slightly poked him on his left arm causing him to look back up to me. When he did, he looked at me with big eyes- the kind of eyes like "Why did you do that" kind of look.
 
"You sure? If there is a problem, it's okay if you don't tell me. But last night I was worried and curious- even if you didn't know me at all or no idea who I was... you are my favourite member. I can still care, right?"
He just nodded.
 
"As we're getting to know eachother, we can talk about anything we're comfortable with. You're not forced too tell, so if you don't want too, I'm fine with that. Okay?" I was scared how he would respond. 
 
"Okay.. Even about our future, present, and our pasts? 
 
"Anything." I lifted up half of my right arm, with my elbow on the bed, and shot my pinky up. I wanted to show that I wanted to keep this as a promise and see if he would join me on this plan.
 
I watched as he slowly lifted up his right hand and raise his pinky up. His hand approached it, but I was scared that he would have done it but chose not to, and make everything awkward again. I didn't want that to happen. But amazingly, he went for it and locked his pinky with mine. It felt strong- not physically, but emotionally.
 
As time went by, we learned every little thing about eachother. Our pets, siblings, birthdays, what we like... just things like that.
-At 2:00pm-
"HEYYY! I'M BACK!!!" Shouted Kait, although she was totally unaware that Thunder was here.
Awkward silence overwhelmed the room.
 
Thunder looked at his watch. 
"Oh, I have to go somewhere now." He said.
 
"Oh I see. Well bye then!" I shot him a content look and I waved him bye.
Before the would walk away, he lightly placed him hand over my injured ankle again.
 
"Hope you feel better."
He then lifted his hand. I watched him as he turned around and walked out the door without even looking and speaking to Kait.
 
When we both knew he was totally gone, Kait complained:
"Ugh whatever! Don't say bye to me then..." Obviously talking about how he just walked by her.
 
"Kait, he's actually really sweet and shy, so shush."
 
"Fine, okay.." She walking in and decided to sit at the right side of my bed. I then noticed she made a weird expression on her face.
 
"Hey ______! Look." She pointed at my ankle. Then I saw it too.
 
It was a folded, yellow note that was in a shape of a triangle.
 
"EHHH? He left you a mysterious note! Read it aloud!" She demanded.
 
So I listened. I reached to grab it and started unravelling it. Half the time I was thinking what he had written. But the other half was thinking: "How the hell did he learn to fold a piece of paper into a triangle?"
 
Once I had opened it, I read it loud enough but nice and slow so we could both hear it.
"Um~ Since we have no way of contacting eachother... maybe we can text sometime? My number is XXX-XXXX. Hope you have a phone, if not... then this is embarrasing. But, hopefully we can talk soon!
He drew that smiley in a really cute way.
 
"Ah, now he wants to text with you? How cute! So meant to be!" She started clapping. 
 
"Hey. Shut up you." I said to her.
 
"Fine! Be that way... OH before I forget. Since you only sprained your ankle, we can go back to our apartment, so put your clothes on." She then handed me my clothes from last night- which I guess she got them in another room cause I didn't see them in the hospital room. 
 
"Um okay.. but you said that we are in a unknown place? How are we going to get back?" I just had to ask because I truly don't trust her when it comes to being lost and her trying to find our way back.
 
"Oh, don't worry. When I came back from looking around, once I was about to enter the hospital doors, a man stopped me and asked:
["Um, do you happen to be ______?"
"No, but I'm her friend though. Why are you asking?"
"Ah, well I was called to be here at 2:00pm from a young boy, telling me to pick up a girl named ______ and her friend back to a stadium." Said the man.
"Oh. I guess that's us. I'll get her ready. Just wait here a bit."]
"Then that's when I got up here..."
 
And then I was thinking:
Maybe it was Thunder who called to get us back to that stadium from last night, because he didn't know where we lived and Kait's car was still there. Plus, They did drop us off at a random hospital. He must be really kind, isn't he?
 
"Okay then. I'll get ready." I then moved out of the bed and walked into one of the bathrooms in the halls since we only had a sink.
 
As I was done putting on my clothes, I went to the sink that had a mirror above it. It was identical to the one in the hospital room I was in.
Brushing my fingers through my hair, I thought:
I really need to take a shower when I get back.
 
My hands felt dirty, so I started washing them- starring at them. Cleaning each one of my fingers just reminded me of him, Thunder. Just when he came by to see me, he was at the door playing with each of his fingers- like her was nervous or scared.
 
I then starred at myself in the mirror, and had another flashback of him, when I noticed it wasn't Kait, but him behind me.
Why is he in my mind so sudden? 
 
I came out of the bathroom, then Kait and I left the building. We went into the man's car- which turns out he was a taxi driver. We got back to the stadium, and it only took 15 minutes to get back there.