Our First Chat

Little Steps into Love

 

It was 12pm when I woke up to the annoying sound of an alarm clock. Wait... since when was there an alarm clock?!
 
I hit the alarm a lot of times until it finally turned off. I turned it off. I looked at the clock and noticed that there was a sticky note attached to the nightstand.
"I secretly set up an alarm while you were sleeping so you wouldn't wake up late and let Thunder see you like you just woke up to a nap... and trust me, that that kind of situation can be ugly! :) You better not go back to sleep!"
 
Oh great.
 
I pushed my body to the side of my bed and just let my legs dangle. I looked at my legs to find that there were bandages around my right ankle. I must've sprained it.
 
Once I pushed myself off the bed, I felt the pressure on my ankle. I've never sprained anything or broke a bone, so this pain was new to me, and it hurt. I managed to slip on the slippers that the hospital had placed for me and walked to the sink to wash my face. After washing it, my face was dripping wet, but I didn't dry it. I just stood there starring down the sink.
 
Ah~ I wish I was awake to actually experience what had happened... Maybe it's some kind of joke Kait came up with just to mess around with me.
 
But suddenly I heard footsteps approching. Was it coming for my room? I didn't move but continued to stand there, looking down in the sink.
 
I heard a nurse talking to someone.
 
"Ah yes. I saw here at the sink so I guess she's awake now. You can go see her."
 
Oh it must be Kait! I heard them coming closer, foot after foot, but then they stopped. I had the feeling that they were standing by the door. So I looked up, looked in the mirrors' reflection to see if it was Kait who was standing behind me. 
 
I got my first glance at them, from their toes to their head. I realized... it wasn't Kait, yet it was a boy. His medium black hair hid his face as he was looking at the floor and he was tapping his right foot with his toe behind his left foot. His hands were playing with each of his fingers like he was a little kid meeting his parents friends, or going somewhere without his mom for the first time. He looked like a kid who was too shy to talk.
 
He then looked up at me, then it was clear to me that it was the guy that owned that smile... the one I saw last night. Thunder.
 
At first I was surprised, but I just remembered that my face was all wet and that I was only wearing a hospital robe! So I quickly grabbed a towel, dried my face, hopped back in bed and made sure he wouldn't see how much embarrasment was overflowing on the expression of my face. 
 
"Um.. Hey. I see that your ankle must be alright." His voice was so low and unsteady. 
 
I would say my ankle was alright, but it wasn't. Due to being so embarrased, I didn't even think about my ankle. Now moving it, it hurts. I let out a small "Oww" totally forgetting that he could hear me.
 
Thunder calmly put his hand on my ankle- which made me jumped a bit.
 
"Becareful. Don't  put too much force on it, it will get better on it's own. You might sprain it more if you move it too much." Then he took his hand off.
 
After him touching it, I stopped moving... I felt awkward for some reason, and I think he felt that was too.
 
"So ah~, how are you feeling?" He asked.
 
"I'm okay. I just sort of forgot what had happened last night.
 
"Oh, well how much?"
 
"Well, I just forget what had happened after the autograph session had started." I had let out a small laugh, but although he was standing next to my bed, his emotions looked like he was on some other planet. 
 
"So.. you don't remember how you got here?" Questionned Thunder.
 
"No... well I did but Kait told me everything. So it's all good now." I smiled at him and he did too, but he didn't make eye contact with me- only looking at the ground was what he did. I didn't like seeing him like that, because it reminds me of when he looked hurt on stage and when he was signing autographs. It just didn't look right to me. So I tried cheering him up.
 
"Um... well thank you for being kind to me and help me be here. I wouldn't have any idea that it was you to help me out, although I'm only a stranger to you." Everything I said was true.
 
"Ah no, just because we've never met or talked before doesn't mean I could've had the option to ignore the incident like it never happened even though you were hurt. And besides, that note you gave me... it made me glad just seeing something like that. You said I'm your favourite, right? Out of G.O Seungho, Mir and Joon, but me? It's like you know me in order for me to be your favourite... but what about it is that the fact that I don't know anything about you. Heck. I don't even know your name." He said.
 
His speech made me smile.
"Okay then, let's start~! I'm ______."
 
I could see him smirking a bit, and then he finally looked at me. His heartfelt brown eyes quickly grabbed my attention.
"Well okay. I'm Sanghyun. Thunder is my stage name."
 
"Ah well, I'll call you both then." I smiled at him and surprisingly, he smiled back but after 2 seconds he turned his head away from embarrassment. 
 
"But before getting to know eachother, I wanna know one thing." I said.
"Hmm, what's that?"
[Will be feature in the next upcoming chapter!]