Coming to the Rescue

Little Steps into Love

 

-The Next Day-
 
I rolled around in bed and looked at my phone. It's 8:30 in the morning... wonder if Kait is up at this hour.
I walked in the kitchen to see Kait cooking up some pancakes. 
 
"Good Morning, Kait! Cooking pancakes, I see." I steal one and munch away.
"You seem like you're in a good mood, maybe of Thunder's surprise visit yesterday night? HMMMM?" She started laughing at me.
"H-how do you know about that?" I asked.
"After you fell down, that big thump scared me and woke me up. I peeked out my bedroom door and next thing you know, I see Thunder carry you in a bridal style. What was that all about? Hehehehehe."
"Well because of my dumb ankle, I lost control on it and fell. Having a sprained ankle ."
"Ah, does it hurt now? Go lie on the couch then I'll give you some of these pancakes for you to eat. Today is your _____-is-going-to-be-all-by-herself day because I have to go visit my parents because I haven't seen them for awhile and they insisted I swing by and see them today."
I carefully walked over to the couch- trying to not put pressure on my ankle like Thunder had said. 
"Oh really? Well that's good. I'll find something productive to do when you're gone.
 
-Later-
 
Kait was gone, and I was watching tv from the couch- eating up my pancakes. Then I heard my phone vibrate just from my room.
Ugh, I don't wanna get up and get it.
But I was going to go anyways. I lifted the blanket off me and swung my legs to the side of the couch. Pressing my feet on the ground, I was hopefully my ankle wont be so bad. It hurt abit, but I felt like it was going to be alright. I walked normally, well sort of, just really slowly. 
Once I was in my room, I reached for my phone and sat on my bed. A NEW MESSAGE it said.
 
Unknown number: Come outside your apartment.
Me: Uh, who is this?
Unknown number: Just come outside, I have a surprise for you.
Who does this guy think he is?
 
I wanted to get to the bottom of this. Who is this? Is this a guy or girl? Why do they want to see me?
So I grabbed my jacket and went out the door. Walking down the steps and out the apartment doors. Looking around outside, not a single person I see in sight- except for the other people from other apartments. Right infront of the apartment, they was a fountain with a statue right in the middle- of a man riding on a horse. I decided to sit on the edge of the fountain, waiting for that mysterious person to show his face. Then all of the sudden I see him making his way over.
David.
 
I immediately stand up all furiously. Why the hell is he here? 
 
"_______! I finally get a hold of you." So he must've been the one to text me.
"What do you want?" I said that in a pissed off toned, hoping he would get the obvious signal that I didn't want him here.
"Don't be mad at me! Especially since I'm asking for you back.."
"And where did this all come from? You cheated on me, you . Think I'm going to forgive you? Psh no."
"Yeah but, I've changed. Come on, baby." He came close and threw his arm around my waist- pulling me closer to him. I quickly pushed him away from me.
"Don't touch me! I don't care if you change. All I want is you away from my life." 
He started breathing heavily- and that was obviously a bad sign. I knew he was going to do something scary, so I turned around so I could walk away but-
he grabbed my wrist, squeezed it hard and flung me around to look him in the eyes, but he had a mad look written all over his face. 
"Look! Don't be a . I'm trying to be a good guy, and all I hear is ing from you. Just... give in, alright? It'll be like old times. Now stop with your God damn whinning and take me back."
 
With his voice tone, I was scared of him- of this. I wanted to escape but everytime I would try to get out of his hand, he'd tighten even more, like making a fist with his hand. 
"Ouch that hurts! Let go David!" 
He kept squeezing that my hand felt dead. It hurt so bad that I shut my eyes. Then, all of the sudden I hear David say something
"Who the hell are you?"
Who is he talking to?
 
I look up to see. To my surprise, stood there was Thunder, holding onto David's wrist.
"Hey, what's going on? You're not hurting _______-ah, are you?" Said Thunder, looking at David.
"This is none of your business. This is just between her and I, so leave us be." 
I still tried to budge away, but no use. I gave wide eyes towards Thunder- hoping he would get the message that David was hurting me. Thunder returned the sad look and looked back at David.
"Look, I think that's enough." Thunder pushed David's shoulder and he instantly let go of my aching arm, but went to push Thunder back full on. Which made Thunder step back.
I looked to see that Thunder was forming a fist in his right hand, I knew this was going to get dirty. I didn't want them to fight right infront me, so I jumped in between them. I standing right infront of Thunder- facing David while sticking my arms out so I would show him that he should back off.
"_______-ah" Thunder said behind me.
"Fine, whatever. Hope your life from now on knowing that I won't be in there to guide you because you're a !" He walked away, right out of the yard.
 
I turned towards to Thunder and did a 90 degrees bow.
"I'm so sorry you had to see that!" I stayed looking at the ground.
He didn't say anything, but all I felt was a hand on my head, rubbing on my hair to mess it up. I straighten my self up and said
"Hey! What was that about?" I tried to fix it up.
"Actually, I should be asking you that. What was going on? Who was that jerk?"
I tried to gather up what I should say about David in my mind. Who he was and all. I just wanted to spill out every detail about him to make him seem like the biggest jerk. How he hurt me, how he cheated on me, how I thought I was inlove... but tears starting rolling down from my eyes.
 
Thunder came up to me and started rubbing my back with his hand,
"______, are you alright?"
I couldn't reply but just started sobbing. I had my head on his shoulder- crying away.
He grabbed my shoulders and straighten me infront of him so he could look at me right directly in the eyes. I stopped crying so he wouldn't see it, but I just started sniffiling. 
"Come on... there's a good coffee shop I can take you to. I'll pay and everything." 
I didn't say anything, but followed him anyways to his car. 
 
-In his car-
 
He was driving to this coffee shop that he said was good, while I'm sitting in the passenger seat, starring at my hands on my knees. 
Damn, I didn't change out of my PJs.
But I still stayed silent. Sometimes, I can feel a set of eyes on me. Either it's true, or I just felt weird. Suddenly he broke the silence.
"A-Are you okay now? I don't like that fact that I just saw you crying. It just made me upset and I wanted to do all I can to not see you like that."
I still didn't want to talk, so I just nodded.
"Ah we're here!" We both get out of the car and go into the coffee shop.
 
We're sitting at a table by the window, both drink our coffees that Thunder had just bought. We weren't speaking at all, like dead on, and it made me feel uncomfortable. So I started talking.
"That guy... he's a jerk." Obviously talking about David.
I see Thunder shrug up a bit, probably surprised that I started talking again.
 
"Oh, that guy who pushed me? Yea, he seemed rude. He looked like he was giving you so much pain. I couldn't stand it."
"Yeah, he's my ex. I caught him cheating on me... with another woman in our room when we were roommates." It was hard to say that infront of him
"Ah cheaters. I don't get them. Hurting innocent people, like you _______-ah. And I guess he tried to get you back?"
"Yup, but I'll never forgive him. Not how much I went through because of all this. I thought I was inlove." I stopped talking and looked down into my coffee cup.
"It's okay, ______-ah. Someone better will show up, I promise you that." He said as he lifted up my chin to look back at him. He looked embarrased after doing that so he let go and looked out the window. He cleared his throat.
"Hmm, nice day out. No day to be gloomy or be bummed out because of some guy, right ______?!" He looked back at me and made a cute dorky face at me.
I couldn't help but laugh, but in a good way. 
 
After finishing our coffees, we sat there. He asked me "So where do you want to go next?" Giving me a really happy face, which surprised me because I thought he was going to be busy today.
"Ah, I guess you don't have a schedual today, do ya?" 
"Well I thought so, but I guess not. The guys are out doing something today, but I decided not to tag along, and check up on you today." Looking at me with a cheeky smile.
"Oh, well I`m all good now. No more serious pain." 
"Are you sure? I don't want you to go all collasping on me again. And besides, you look out of it today because of that guy coming to see you, so I think I should stick around today, to make sure you're alright. I'll make you happy today! I promise."
 
He got up from the chair and swung around his jacket to put it on. 
"Wait, where are you going?"
"Not me, us. Come on, Let's go hangout at the park!" He grabbed my wrist to take me, but ended up taking the wrist David was squeezing so hard earlier.
"Ouchh." I shruged a bit, still staying in my seat.
He looked concerned and sat down again facing me- but this time with both of his hands on my wrist- rubbing it.
"Damn, that guy must've really hurt you. How about we just stay at your house a bit then so you can get better, okay? Besides, you're still in your PJs. Hehehehe." 
I pouted. "Hey! You just took me to this coffee shop. Never got the chance to change because I totally forget." 
"Well, let's go back to your place, and get things settled. Then, the park!" 
He got up again and went behind me to pull my seat out. Once I got to put on my jacket, I was walking ahead of him, but he randomly placed his hand on my back to help me with walking. It felt so weird, but I didn't mind.
__________________________________
Dying lately because of the beautiful pictures I've been seeing a lot of Thunder on tumblr. AHHH, SO CUTE.