Forgetting You

Little Steps into Love

 

It was already 6pm when outside was starting to get dark and the street lights would be on. 
 
We haven;t done much since the hospital. All we would do was eat and watched movies that would appear on tv.
 
Right now, Kait was lying on the couch in the living room- right infront of the television. She just fell asleep while her and I were watching some marathon. It felt boring watching tv with someone who was asleep, so I left her lying there and gave her a blanket from the closet in our hallway. 
 
I went in my room, and layed on my bed. I was starring at the cielling fan as it went round and round. I tossed and turn until I was laying on my side which I was facing to a wall. I noticed a white bear tucked in the corner of the bed just above my head. I thought about how I got that bear, and came to remembered that I had recieved it from David.
 
Immediately, blood rushed through my veins and made me sit up, pick up the bear and throw it on the floor.
 
I layed back down and thought
Psh, what a prick. Doubt he meant anything when he gave me that bear, plus those other things... I'm going to gather them all up, put them in a box, so when next time I see him, I'll throw it right in his face!
 
I felt suddenly motivated, so I silently walked out of my room, tip-toed through the living room and went straight into the lobby at the bottom floor. I got a huge box that was used to package a microwave from the man who worked at the front desk.
 
I went back to the apartment room and into my bedroom, hoping I wouldn't drop it and scare Kait right off the couch. I placed the box on the floor and looked around. There were quite a few things I had to get rid of that was from David or even things that reminded me of him. I just thought we were inlove and we be together forever. I was head over heels, guess he wasn't.
 
I proceeded in placing the bear in first. This bear had a heart stiched on the right side of its chest and on the back it said "Love Carnival" originally from the carnival David and I went to for Valentines Day. He had won it for me by playing Wack-a-Mole although I asked him too.
 
I then went to my door which had pictures of us together on every date we had- taped on like a messed up collage.
 
There was a bracelet his sister didn't want anymore but gave it to me, one of his sweaters(Which I wanted to keep since it was so comfy, but his still) a poem which I found out he had copied from the internet, and one dead rose he had given me but that I never really took care of. I ended up taking that rose out of the vase, placed the flowers in that Thunder had given me and filled it with water, hoping I wouldn't forget about them and kill them.
 
I looked into some drawers, but didn't find anything. I lastly went to the drawer where I had threw my phone in because of how pissed I was at him from his obnoxious texts he was sending me.
 
I my phone and immediately deleted all my texts (which all consistes from him) and deleted him for my contacts. I layed back in bed on my back, just holding my phone right above my face. I ended up dropping it on my face- mostly on my left eye, causing me to have difficulties opening it normally.
 
I was scrolling down my contacts looking for someone to talk to, but no one caught my eye. I then started looking at the flowers Thunder had given me. Admiring them. In total there are atleast 6- not all the same height, but still looking beautiful. 
 
I looked on the ground and noticed that I didn't put last nights clothes away. I starred at my shorts, and saw that the triangle folded note was sticking right out of the pocket.
My number is XXX-XXXX. Hopefully you have a phone, if not... then this is embarrasing. But hopefully we can talk soon! :)
I remember!
 
I got up, grabbed the paper and carefully unfolded it so it wouldn't rip. I held the paper in my left hand and was adding Thunder into my contacts with my right hand. I wasn't sure how to spell "Sanghyun" So I put Thunder instead. 
 
I copied in his number after.
He was officially added to my phone.