Family gathering (2)

" Our story. "

 

 

Christmas song was heard blasting inside a big two storey bungalow even though the windows and doors were sealed closed, proving a full spirit for Christmas celebration around neighbourhood. He hadn’t felt this feeling for more than two years now, a feeling to celebrate. A hesitant well-dressed Myungsoo was standing four metres away from his parents’ house, feeling a gush of nervousness.

 

He had been standing at the same spot for ten minutes now, still deciding whether it was a good idea to attend the party or not. He let out a deep heavy breath and take a few steps forward but instantly stopped when the front door flung opened. He gasped.

 

“Myungsoo!” a beautiful young lady called out for him. She quickly ran to hug Myungsoo who was dumbfounded as he couldn’t recognise this beautiful creature. “It has been ten years!”

 

Myungsoo freed himself from her embrace and examined her. Ten years? Who was her? He was pretty sure that she was not you. He struggled with his brain, trying to dig any memories with this young lady.

 

“I’m Park Jiyeon, your cousin.” She exclaimed, waving her perfect hand in front of Myungsoo’s face.

 

“Jiyeon?”

 

“Don’t tell me that you are not Kim Myungsoo?” Jiyeon said calmly with her arm folded. “I’m sure that the picture in the living room is you.”

 

A sudden flashback blinked in Myungsoo’s mind. Park Jiyeon, his childhood friend whom moved to New York ten years ago. Myungsoo smiled in disbelief and playfully looked at her.

 

“You had grown pretty, no more pigtailed.” he teased, nodding his head. He laughed inwardly at his own joke and felt a little relax.

 

Park Jiyeon jokingly hit Myungsoo’s arm and giggled along with him. They had been good friends before Jiyeon moved away. It had been ten years and surely they felt a little awkward with each other but decided to snap away the awkwardness.

 

“Let’s go inside!” Jiyeon suggested optimistically, dragging Myungsoo with her. With a flash of light, Myungsoo freed his arm from her. “What?”

 

Myungsoo didn’t know what to respond because this happened all of sudden. He didn’t expect Jiyeon to appear in front of him. Myungsoo rubbed the back of his neck and sighed. What should he do?

 

“I’m just surprise.” Myungsoo stammered without realising. Suddenly his face heated up when he realised that he sounded like a stuttering idiot. He was surprised of what? He tried to find perfect sentences to avoid any suspicious.

 

“I’m surprise to see you here,” he quickly added, didn’t want to sound like an idiot anymore. “You just come out of nowhere and hug me, of course I’m surprise.”

 

Jiyeon laughed whole-heartily while Myungsoo was trying to find an excuse to escape from here since he was not ready to meet any of his relatives right now. However, why did he come here at the first place? His mind was complicated.

 

“Let’s go inside through the kitchen.” Jiyeon suddenly suggested, dragging Myungsoo again. “My parents told me everything, like you haven’t been home for two years because of personal problem which I would want to know.”

 

Myungsoo was in trouble since he was totally blank. He felt like giving up and just went with the flow. He followed Jiyeon unwillingly and with no time, they reached the kitchen. Jiyeon freed his arm and signalled him to wait here while she disappeared into the living room.

Myungsoo looked around the kitchen, nothing had changed except for the colour; the old green walls were painted with a light cream colour with suit with the new lights. There were few temporary maids inside the kitchen, doing their jobs without questioning his sudden appearance in the kitchen. Some of them took a glance at him and that was it.

 

He began to get anxious due to the sudden memory flowed back into his mind, a dark past of him. A dark memory that he once forgotten but why did it appear again? Was it because of this kitchen, a place where all of these happened? It flowed like an old movie without the permission from Myungsoo.

 

Myungsoo was peaking at you who was cooking in the kitchen; he had been there for few minutes now. He looked extremely worn out and sober. you turned around and saw a shadow behind the doorway and faked a cough.

 

“I know you are there, come out.” She yelled at him before she turned her back from him.

 

Myungsoo slowly shuffled into the kitchen, he looked half conscious as if he was a zombie. He stood a few steps away from his sister and he felt an unexpected hatred toward her. A hatred that he was not supposed to develop in the first place which could be controlled through different type of positive methods. However, it was overshadowed by his deep jealousy toward her.

 

He spotted a knife on the table near him and without second thought, he carried the knife with him and moved few steps ahead the previous position. you was engrossed in her cooking and didn’t take notice on his lousy brother whom always complaints.

 

Myungsoo been standing there for few minutes now, still couldn’t get back to his sense that he was about to involve in a crime and the one he wanted to get rid of was his own sister, his only sister. you suddenly get a creepy feeling, she surely had a great intuitive.

 

“Why are you being so quiet today?” she asked worriedly, turning around to search for her brother and jumped in surprise when he saw his brother was just few centimetres behind her. “You scare me!”

 

Myungsoo was still in a sober state, he looked as he was in a drunken state. you lowered her head and saw the knife he was holding all along.

 

“Are you okay?” She asked, didn’t feel any fear toward her brother because she felt protective under his two brothers. However, the longer Myungsoo stared at his sister, the more mixed feeling he got so without hesitant, he held high the knife and slashed it right at you right face whom was too late to avoid it and stupidly turned around her left side and caused the knife ran down behind her neck causing a long cut.

 

you pushed Myungsoo away with her strength and slumped onto the floor. Myungsoo dropped his knife and looked at her in horror. He abruptly awaked from his weird and cruel thought. What was he doing? He looked at you who collapsed onto the floor while covering her bloody face with her hands.

 

you” he choked out. Myungsoo dropped next to her and tried to touch her. However, she misunderstood his action and quickly shoved him away. you endured the pain and wrapped both of her bare hands around Myungsoo’s neck whom was already worn out to even defend himself. She was too scared to even loosen her grips from his neck, what if he tried to kill her again, knowing that Myungsoo was stronger than her.

 

This shouldn’t be happening, Myungsoo thought wearily.

 

“What the are you guys doing?” a sudden voice shouted, standing between the door with a shock and horror expression. “you, what are doing?”

 

you slowly loosen her grip and stepped backward from Myungsoo. Her face was in terror and shock, blood and sweat was covering her whole body.

 

 

“Help me, Jaejoong hyung!” Myungsoo sobbed, struggling to catch his breath.

 

“Myungsoo!” a voice suddenly interrupted his thought. He searched for the voice and saw his mother, she opened her arm widely, expecting Myungsoo to run to her and hug her like the old times but all he could do was to stare blankly at her.

 

Mrs. Kim didn’t surprise with the feedback and quickly wrapped her arms around Myungsoo. While he was in his mother’s embrace, he saw a familiar face that he missed a lot behind her mother. you

 

 

Yo! :b Thanks for the comments and subscribed. Both are truly appreciated. Look, the history had already revealed ~ let’s see what really happened to Myungsoo. hehehe. It’s already obvious though. So, it was not you that tried to kill Myungsoo but the other way around. I hope it was not that obvious… hehehe. JAEJOONG~~~ LOTS OF LOVE.