Family gathering (1)

" Our story. "

A famous Christmas song suddenly filled the joyful atmosphere which was already occupied with chattering women and playful youngsters. Some of the youngsters stopped what they were doing and playfully dance to the song, showing the spirits of Christmas.

 

Colourful lights were everywhere hanging at the ceiling, beautified with the colourful balloons which were floating in the air. Small kids were seen jumping joyfully, trying to reach to the balloon. Two long tables were arranged against the wall in the dinner room, full with delicious food and candies, giving a never ending food supplies for the big families.

                                                                 

A big Christmas tree was placed at the centre of the living room, beautifully arranged with colourful lights and stars. Beneath the tree, there were hundreds of presents for the children that attended the party neatly arranged on the black marble tiles.

 

The first Christmas party that held by the busy couple, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim, and of course it was full of luxury and relatives.   

 

Happy faces were everywhere… except for  you who was sitting at the corner of the living room, scanning through the cheerful crowd. The only thing that occupied her mind was her siblings, the missing faces among her families.

 

She ran a hand through her long black hair and sighed heavily. She didn’t expect that she was the one that was impatient to meet them. Her parents were happily chatting with the other families, as if they didn’t bother about their own sons.

 

“Stupid gathering!” she cursed under her breath. She rested her head against the back of the couch and involuntarily began to flow back the history from two years ago.

 

“Oppa, I’m having difficulty in mathematics, can you teach me tonight?” you asked cutely.

 

Jaejoong looked at her warmly and nodded. He was watching television when you asked him but a sudden voice interrupted their conversation.

 

“Hyung, you promise that you will accompany me to the football game tonight!” Myungsoo reminded him. His eyes flashed with hurt.

 

Jaejoong whom forgotten the promise mouthed ‘sorry’. He scratched the back of his head, felling helpless in front of his two siblings.

 

“No, Jaejoong oppa will teach me tonight!” you retorted, pulling Jaejoong’s arm.

 

“Come on, the football game is important to me tonight and I had already bought two tickets! Beside, Jaejoong hyung already agreed to go with me.”

 

“You and your football game are useless!” She said furiously. “I have an important exam tomorrow and I need Jaejoong oppa!”

 

“Jaejoong hyung had promised me!” Myungsoo shouted back, pushing you from Jaejoong who was sitting silently on the couch, trying to find a way to settle this down.

 

“What if I fail my examination?”

 

“It’s your business, beside, you’re an idiot .” Myungsoo replied spitefully. “If you fail, it’s nothing but a common thing. You’re an idiot and you know it.”

 

you was taken aback by Myungsoo’s words and her eyes began to explode with tears but she held it back. Jaejoong felt an instant shock when Myungsoo blurted out these mean sentences.

 

“I’m not an idiot!” She retorted before ran away to her bedroom. She slammed the door and the living room suddenly fell into an awkward silence between the two brothers.

 

Jaejoong shook his head while looking at Myungsoo. Myungsoo felt a little happy because of his victory but at the same time, guilty. Myungsoo and you were like cat and mouse, fighting over their big brother. They always fight with each other over a small matters but that was how they got closer with each other. However, this might be a little overboard.

 

At the end, Myungsoo watched the football game alone. He didn’t enjoy it without his brother.

 

“Why Jaejoong hyung always choose you over me?” Myungsoo questioned himself in between the cheering crowd. “She always won no matter what, that little brat!”

 

you snatched back into reality when a ball suddenly touched her toes. She looked down at the ball and picked it up. No one claimed the ball from her so she dropped it beside her.

 

Fifteen minutes had passed and still, no sign of them. She sighed.

 

 

That’s all for now. The history will slowly reveal so do continue reading. Sorry if the pace of this story is slow. ^~^ Maybe you got an idea about the history after reading this chapter, I hope.

 

Do comment and subscribe ^^. TQ.