Invitation.

" Our story. "

Myungsoo looked down at the invitation that was sent by stranger to his room. The realisation hit him that it was from his parents …

 

To : Kim Myungsoo

 

Family gathering.

25th December at 7PM.

 

From : Your parents.

 

“This is not what I expected.” Myungsoo scratched his forehead and dropped into his bed. “After all these years…”

 

He sighed, looking at the invitation card. A very meaningful invitation card although it was only contained with less than ten words. A sudden rush of memories flowed in his mind; the vision of his brother, sister, Christmas tree, star, presents, food and the happiness that they used to build.

 

The tinker bell rang in his ears. He smiled. A tear escaped from the corner of his eyes. He knew that he had been missing them very much but did they miss him too?

 

He dropped the invitation card and buried his face in his pillow, brainstorming to make a right decision. He didn’t want to ruin the party with his presence but he had the strong urge to meet his siblings… after all these years.

 

 …

 

Jaejoong stared at the invitation card… he knew the purpose for this gathering. For some reasons, he felt excited to go but quickly snapped the thought and threw the invitation card into the air, landed safely on the floor.

 

“This is so obvious!” Jaejoong screamed, making his way to his girlfriend, Kim Namyeon.

 

“What is the big deal with it?” his girlfriend asked, rubbing her boyfriend’s shoulders. “It’s just a family gathering.”

 

“It’s just something that you won’t understand.” He murmured. “Beside I just can’t leave you alone, celebrating your Christmas.”

 

Kim Namyeon looked directly into Jaejoong’s eyes and smiled.  

 

“I will be fine on my own, your family gathering is more important.” She convinced him and with that, she planted a kiss on Jaejoong’s beautiful lip. “Beside I have work to do.”

 

Jaejoong looked at her suspicious but decided to not question her anything. The reason behind this was because Kim Namyeon was a short-tempered and easily sulk woman, questioning her honesty was something against her so he rather set his mind to trust his girlfriend.

 

“I need to go,” his girlfriends said, gently rubbing Jaejoong’s face with her bare hand.

 

“I thought you are staying tonight?” Jaejoong asked, holding Namyeon’s hand.

 

“I’m sorry dear, I’ve been busy lately,” she explained. “Take care.”

 

Without waiting for any respond, Kim Namyeon freed her hands from Jaejoong’s grip and walked away. Before she stepped out of the doorway, he turned around and blew Jaejoong a sweet flying kiss, making his heart flattered.  

 

Jaejoong chuckled and waved at her coolly.

 

 After making sure that his girlfriend already went off safely, he went to pick up the invitation card that he threw away earlier.

 

What should he do? He been avoiding any possibilities of family gathering to avoid the people that he used to love more that his life. Now, Myungsoo had returned. Two years passed without any direct meeting. Christmas and birthday’s celebration turned into a typical day.

 

Birthday?

 

The word birthday triggered a memory from the past; one year ago.

 

It was you’s birthday and for an obvious reason, Jaejoong can’t stop himself from thinking about his sister. Jaejoong wandering around the town, trying to get himself busy with anything. However, he saw a familiar figure… the familiar shape and size.

 

you,” Jaejoong gasped. The realisation halted his pace, hoping that she will not turn around.

 

She was alone, wandering around.

 

“Will she celebrate her birthday?” Jaejoong asked himself, slowly making his way into the nearest shop. Jaejoong watched her through a transparent window. The wall had been the substitute hiding place for him.

 

Jaejoong was shocked as he examined you’s face. The scar…

 

Jaejoong cursed madly at her, why didn’t she undergo surgery? Jaejoong’s cold heart suddenly began to melt… you’s expression itself showed loneliness and emptiness but a sudden flashback harden his heart, the memory of the day he vowed. His ego flowed back and he cruelly walked away.

 

Jaejoong crumpled the invitation card and threw it away.

 

His ego… held him back.

 

you was glad that her parents conducted a family gathering event for the first time after the incident. Family gathering… Jaejoong never attended any of their closed family gatherings for this past two years.

 

She didn’t want to admit that she was anticipating in meeting them and she wanted to keep her cool. After many years of heartbreaks, why would she be the one that had the eagerness to meet them?

 

 

The day will surely arrive… and what was their hidden story? What kind of forgiveness they were yearning for?

Keep on reading ^~^

 

Thanks for the comments and subscriber ^^