The meeting.

" Our story. "

“Move closer,” the cameraman requested, gesturing the awkward siblings to squeeze beside each other. They were standing behind two sofas which were occupied by their parents. you was standing in the middle beside her two siblings, she had missed their warmth.

 

It was merely ten minutes since they met each other and now they were forced to take family photo. They couldn’t reject since they were surrounded by their relatives. If one of them rejected the offer, someone might grew suspicious and investigate the matter.

 

The first meeting after two years of separation, awkward was the only word to express their feeling. The cameraman took few photos and dismissed. Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim were dragged by the dancing crews as soon as the photographs session finished, leaving the three uncomfortable siblings alone.

 

They didn’t dare to look into each other or even make the first move to walk away. you heard Myungsoo sighed beside her while Jaejoong was pretending to focus on the crowd as if he found that the crowd was amusing to him. She realised that they hadn’t change entirely. If they really hated each other, maybe they wouldn’t care to even attend the party.

 

Few minutes of awkward silence, Jaejoong made the first move to walk away from them. Myungsoo quickly grabbed Jaejoong’s wrist before he moved any further from them. Jaejoong felt a sudden electric, he didn’t expect this either.

 

“We need to talk,” Myungsoo broke the silence while starring down at his foot. His voice, the voice that Jaejoong and you hadn’t heard for two years long.

 

you could feel her eyes were watery. She didn’t know what to do; perhaps, leaving them alone was the best option.

 

“All of us should have a talk.” Myungsoo added, making you froze in place. She was wrong, Myungsoo needed to talk with her too.

 

Suddenly, the wound in her heart ripped open. She felt an instance pain in her chest, the pain that she had tried to get rid of. Her head was throbbing and she felt a sudden chill.

 

She woke up the next morning after the dreadful incident, her head was throbbing. She touched her bandage face, still feeling the pain from the cut. She looked around her room, why was it so silence? Where were her brothers?

 

She tossed her blanket to the other side and crawled to the edge of her bed. She put her legs on the floor slowly, her body still aching from the fight yesterday. She blinked few times before finally stood up.

 

“Oppa!” she called out but there was no respond. She forced herself to search for them… however; the realisation hit her hard that she was alone in their house. Her brothers were nowhere to be seen. Their belongings weren’t there either. They had … gone.

 

She dropped down onto the rough floor, warm tears streamed down her cold face. She dropped her head against the wall behind her and brought her knees against her chest and hugged them. They had left her. How cruel? They promised her that they will never separate from each other. They had promised her.

 

“Liar!” She screamed angrily into the air; continuously hit her injured face with her fist until she fainted. The bandage was soaked with her blood…

 

She snapped back into reality when she felt someone clutched onto her wrist. His bare hand felt cold around her wrist. Myungsoo dragged them away from the dancing relatives in the living room; you sneakily glance at Jaejoong whom didn’t bother to talk or even rejected the offer.

 

Jaejoong sighed as he dropped his head downward while following his brother. He didn’t know what to do. He wanted to act like a jerk but he couldn’t force his heart to do so. He didn’t want to talk with them either. He didn’t want to recall the incident with them. What if he cries in front of them? He always wanted to act tough after all these years.

 

Myungsoo on the other hand, wanted to break the ego in them. He always wished to reunite with his own siblings, making thing like it used to be. They are no longer kids. Twenty years old Myungsoo was filled with confidence and determination to make thing like it used to be. Myungsoo could feel that his stomach twisted in nervousness but quickly overcame it. What if they didn’t forgive him for what he did?

 

 

comment is loved ^-^