Popularity

Let me go.

Eun Ji got up from bed and rubbed her swollen eyes lightly. Walking to the mirror, she wanted to check her appearance. However, she saw nothing. She forgot that she was dead. She felt her heart sink a little before she left the room. She expected to see INFINITE members outside but to her surprise, there was no one. She got worried. “Did they teleport back earlier without me?!” The thought crossed her head as she started to panic.

“Myung Soo? Woo Hyun? Sung Gyu? Hoya? Sung Yeol? Sung Jong? Dong Woo…?” She called out their names, hoping at least one of them will answer her. Opening the doors to their rooms, she was greeted with the empty rooms. Eun Ji walked to the sofa and sat down in despair. “They are gone…?” she thought to herself. Then, a piece of paper under a mug caught her eyes. She picked up the paper on the table and read.

Dear Eun Ji

We have left for our schedule. Take care and rest well. Myung Soo instructed us to let you sleep in for a while more so we didn’t say goodbye before leaving. We are leaving a note to inform you. See you later! Bye~

Sung Gyu

Eun Ji heaved a sigh of relief and smiled at the note. “Thank god.” She mumbled to herself. Looking around the dirty and messy dorm, Eun Ji decided to help and pack up. After all, she had nothing to do at their dorm. In the meantime, INFINITE was off to their schedule.

In the manager’s car…

“Guys! Later you will be shooting a Variety show with the most popular band last year. They are DREAM. You must make use of this opportunity and perform well. Their popularity will help to increase yours. Many of their fans will watch this show.” Their manager reminded the members.

They nodded their head in agreement. When they reached the venue, the members got off and followed behind their Hyung. On the way to the filming location, they bowed and greeted the workers along the corridor. However, the people either nodded their heads or just walked off. Back in 2012, they will happily greet back at them. That was the harsh reality. They only treat them well when they are famous.

INFINITE softened the greetings as they grew disappointed and upset. Sung Jong pouted at the sight. Myung Soo gave him a light pat on his back which cheered him up a little. Reaching the filming location, their manager left them to make some arrangements. INFINITE was supposed to get ready for their make-up. The seven seats before the make-up mirror were vacant so they sat down and waited for the make-up artists.

After some time, they saw seven young boys enter the same room. “Hyung, what are they doing here? That’s our seats.” One of the seven boys said in a displeased tone.

“Ah. They are the outdated band we are told to film the variety show with. What was their band name again? Was it in-infinity?” The leader made fun of INFINITE.

The seven boys erupted into laughter at their leader’s joke. Then, Woo Hyun stood up angrily. “What the heck are you talking about?!” He said in an upset manner as he walked up to the leader and held him by the collar.

“What’s up? Angry? Bash me up and you will see the headlines tomorrow. By then, your band will definitely be gone from the entertainment industry. Strike, you coward!”  He taunted Woo Hyun in a haughty manner.

“You think I don’t dare?!” Woo Hyun raised his fists and was about to strike.

Then, a hand caught Woo Hyun’s. It was Sung Gyu.

“Woo Hyun, release your hand.” Sung Gyu ordered. Listening to his leader, he let go of his collar reluctantly and stepped backwards.

“Hi, you must be DREAM. We are INFINITE. I am the leader, Sung Gyu. Nice to meet you.” Sung Gyu said in a calm manner as he extended his hand for a handshake.

The leader of DREAM slapped Sung Gyu’s hand away and rolled his eyes. s laughed loudly again. Woo Hyun was about to rush forward again when Hoya and Sung Yeol held him back. Sung Gyu took a deep breath and stared at the arrogant young kid.

“Hey there. I don’t know who the heck you are. But looking at your god damn kiddy face, you are definitely younger than us. If you want to survive in the entertainment industry, you should at least learn how to respect your seniors. Guys, let’s go!” Sung Gyu said in a cool way as he gestured to s to leave.

“Woah!~ Nice shot!” Woo Hyun shouted from behind as he was amazed by how his cool leader blew his top at the bastard. The members then followed Sung Gyu out. The DREAM members were left there standing in shock.

“Yea~ Hyung! Great one! Did you see that idiot’s face? He was totally shocked. Haha~” Woo hyun slung his arm over his leader and laughed. 

“Yea! Even I feel like bashing him up! He is totally disrespectful!” Dong Woo complained.

INFINITE left the filming location and headed back to their dorm without the manager.

“We are going to get scolded by our manager hyung.” Myung Soo reminded the members.

“It’s okay! At least we scolded that bunch of idiots. Now they know who they were messing with. In-infinity? I still have not commented on how gay their band name is. DREAM?! Come on. What kind of stupid name is that?” Woo Hyun said and laughed.

The other members laughed along with Woo Hyun. Getting off the cabs, INFINITE opened their dorm door and was greeted with a changed dorm.

“Did we… enter the wrong dorm?” Sung Yeol asked in disbelief.

“No we didn’t.” Sung Gyu said as he closed his opened mouth.

“Oh! You are back? How was the schedule?” Eun Ji asked as she put away the broom.

“Let’s not talk about it.But Eun Ji, did you do this all by yourself?” Woo Hyun pointed to the clean dorm and asked.

Eun Ji smiled sweetly and nodded her head.

Sitting down in a circle, the INFINITE members and Eun Ji started talking.

“Do you all still remember the last time we did a makeover in our old dorm?” Woo Hyun asked.

“Yea, it was in 2011 during Sesame Player season 2. I still remember how they tricked us into packing up by telling us that a girl band is visiting our dorm. In the end we cleaned really hard but no one came.Hah.” Sung Yeol recalled.

The members laughed at those memories. As they recalled the happy and fun memories when they were famous, they frowned. It is so different now, as compared to before.

“Yea, even the dorm shrunk in size. Look. This is what we will end up with 6 years later.” Hoya said as he looked around the dorm they were in.

“Hey, cheer up! There is nothing wrong with this dorm. In a smaller house, you will be able to bond better like now!” Eun Ji tried to cheer them up.

They managed a weak smile at Eun Ji.

“Anyways, I am just curious? Are you our fan? As in since you were at our concert so… But you don’t act like a fan girl.” Sung Gyu asked Eun Ji.

“Haha… That is, I went there with my boyfriend…or should I say my ex-boyfriend. He was the one who bought the tickets. He thought I like INFINITE so… Anyways, he doesn’t really bother to find out what I really like actually. That day I saw him with another girl so he dumped me and I felt sick. Then, I was brought to your rest room by a staff so I saw you people.” Eun Ji explained.

She looked down sadly. Then, she felt a hand on her shoulder.

“It’s okay. It is his loss to leave you.” Myung Soo said with a smile.

Looking up, Eun Ji saw the other members nodding their heads in agreement. Eun Ji smiled at the sight of that.

“Thank you. You people are really nice. I didn’t expect myself to be with INFINITE one day. Last time you were just a popular band I see on the Korean newspaper but now you are right before me. And I am glad. Thank you.” Eun Ji said with a grateful smile.

The rest of the members flashed their genuine smile back at her. It was different from the practised smile they did to the cameras. This time it came from their heart. They felt attached to the girl with them. She was different from the other girls they knew.

Suddenly, the door flung open.

 Author's Note:
Hey there! New chapter up... How is it?
Haiz, in a really foul mood now >< Damn.
Anyways, hope you will sub/comment!