Death Date

Let me go.

It was late at night already. Eun Ji was still not asleep. Every time she closed her eyes, the woman’s words replayed in her mind. “Oh! The Han family? The one that lost their daughter a few years back and left for America?” Those words haunted her. Getting out of her bed, Eun Ji walked out of the room. She was alone in the room as the members thought that she may be uncomfortable sleeping with them.

As she entered the living room, she spotted someone sitting on the couch. It was Myung Soo. “You can’t sleep either?” He asked. Nodding her head, Eun Ji walked over and sat down beside him. “You… want to call your parents and check on them?” He asked with concern. Eun Ji felt her eyes turn watery as she held it in. “I think… I should. But they can’t hear me.” Eun Ji said, trying to keep her voice normal.

Taking out his cellphone and the slip of paper the woman gave him, he smiled at Eun Ji. “I will help you.” He said. “Thank… you.” Eun Ji thanked him. Tapping the numbers into the phone, Myung Soo dialed and put the phone on loud speaker.

“Hello, is this Han Eun Ji’s parents?” Myung Soo asked.

“Yes, I am. May I know who you are?” Eun Ji’s father replied.

“Oh. I am… her friend. How are you in America?” Myung Soo continued.

Eun Ji felt a tear escaped her eyes as she heard her father’s voice.

“Oh, we are coping fine. Thank you for your concern.” he said with a sad voice.

Then, they heard someone speak the background.

“Dear, who is it?” It was Eun Ji’s mother.

“Nothing much. Just a friend.” He lied to his wife, probably not wanting her to recall those sad memories.

“I will get going already. Thank you for the call. Bye.” He said to Myung Soo and hung up.

Eun Ji couldn’t hold it in further, she allowed those tears to spill out. Myung Soo gave her a light embrace to console her. He knew it was hard for her. After some time, Eun Ji finally stopped crying. She said to Myung Soo, “I want to know when I will die.” Myung Soo nodded in acknowledgement and went to get the lap top from before. After looking at the contents just now, it was confirmed to be Sung Yeol’s.

Starting up the lap top, Myung Soo glanced at Eun Ji who was having a worried face on. She held onto her hands tightly as she stared at the screen. “Everything will be fine.” He said as he placed one of his hands on Eun Ji’s. Eun Ji smiled back at Myung Soo who gave her a reassuring smile. He opened a browser and typed into the search bar.

“If you died from an accident, there would probably be a report.” He said.

He keyed in ‘Han Eun Ji death accident’, ‘Han Eun Ji fatal accident’ and there were results. Myung Soo stared in shock at the top result link.

“Han Eun Ji, a 19 years old girl found together with INFINITE earlier on is confirmed dead on   10thFeb 2012.” It read. Myung Soo stared at the date and said, “10thFeb…?”

“Isn’t that 7days from the day we teleported? The day you people are waking up from the coma?! Which means I will die once I teleport back to 2012?!” Eun Ji said in disbelief as she sank into the couch, shaking her head. “Eun Ji, listen to me. Listen to me.” Myung Soo repeated as he held onto Eun ji’s shoulders.

She was in the state of shock and fear.

“Myung Soo, I am dying… In 7days. No, 6days. The first day is over. I am dying…” She said with tears streaming down her face again. She felt her world falling apart. Although she knew she would be dead in 2018, she didn’t expect herself to die so fast. She couldn’t accept. First, she got ditched by her boyfriend and teleported to 2018. Then, she found herself dead in the other world and now she realised that she could only live for 6 days. Everything was too ridiculous.

“Eun Ji. Relax. Listen to me. Everything will be fine. Believe me. We will work something out together. You won’t die. You will be just fine.” Myung Soo said to her as he looked straight into her eyes. His words were so assuring and firm. Eun Ji felt a little relieved and relaxed. She started to calm down. Releasing his grip on her, he spoke.

“ Go back to sleep first. Everything will be fine.” Pushing her back into her room, he covered her in the blanket. Eun Ji shut her eyes as she tried to go to sleep. Myung Soo went out and closed the door behind him. He didn’t know why he treated Eun Ji so well either. He normally didn’t do such things. Maybe because she was dying and he pitied her?

Sitting on the couch, Myung Soo couldn’t go back to sleep too.

“What should we do?” He mumbled to himself.

After hours of staring into darkness and weeping, Eun Ji finally fell asleep. Unknown to her, INFINITE was having a meeting outside.

“Hey guys, I have something to say.” Myung Soo started.

“What?” Sung Yeol asked as he rubbed his eyes.

“We found out yesterday that Eun Ji is dying on the day we wake up from the coma. This means that she will die six days later when we go back to 2012.” He continued.

Everyone’s half-opened eyes shot wide open.

“What?!” Woo Hyun gasped.

“It is real. It is on the newspaper article online. I am telling you this so that we can think of a solution together.” He said.

“This is crazy. What the heck man? How’s she?” Sung Gyu asked.

“She was really upset yesterday.” Myung Soo answered his hyung.

“It must have been hard on her…” Sung Jong said in a sympathetic way.

“But… If even you can’t find a solution, it is almost impossible to solve this problem.” Dong Woo admitted.

“Let’s take a step at each time. From now onwards, we will treat her nicely like part of us, shall we?” Sung Gyu said to s.

The seven of them nodded as a similar worried expression appeared on all their faces.

 

Author's Note:
Sorry for the boring chapter. :X This chapter is mainly telling you that Eun Ji's death date is confirmed.

Comment/subscribe?:) Thanks for reading ^^