The last day.

Let me go.

Eun Ji blocked the bright sun light which shone through the window with her hand. She rubbed her eyes and yawned slightly before rising from her bed.

“Awake already?” she heard someone say.

Closing instantly, she looked up and saw Myung Soo standing by the window.

“Morning.” He greeted with a cool smile.

“Umm…Morning. Why are you here?” Eun Ji asked as she tidied her hair slightly.

“To wake you up. The guys are heading to the beach today.” Myung Soo explained.

“Oh. I will be out soon.” Eun Ji said as she got off her bed and tidied it quickly.

“Okay.” Myung Soo smiled and exited her room.

After washing up, she joined the rest who were already in the living room.

“I want to swim later ~” Sung Jong exclaimed in delight.

“Let’s play games too!” Dong Woo suggested.

“I am ready.” Eun Ji said with a smile.

“To the beach ~” Sung Gyu said as he pointed to the door.

“Whoa~” The guys chorused and exited the dorm.

They were waving their hands around and were seemingly really excited for the trip. Reaching the sandy beach, the sea and cool breeze welcomed them. The guys ran towards the sea instinctively. They acted as if it was their first time to the beach. Dropping their belongings carelessly onto the sand, they rushed into the waters. Eun Ji smiled at the sight of them being so hyper-active.

Myung Soo was standing behind Eun Ji, shaking his head at the other members. Sung Gyu placed his bag down and walked over to the other 5 members who were already playing with water like kids. They were shouting and splashing at each other furiously.

“Yah. We are still idols after all! Image is still important even during fun times!~” Sung Gyu shouted at them.

The members stopped playing and paid attention to the leader. After a while, they exchanged glances and nodded at one another.

“ATTACK!~” They shouted in sync and started splashing the leader with all their might.

“YAH! You wanna die?!” Sung Gyu shouted and joined into the water fight.

“Hey guys, wait up! There are still two people who are dry~” Woo Hyun held up his hand and reminded with his eyebrow raised.

He looked at Myung Soo and Eun Ji before smirking with satisfaction. The guys ran towards them and dragged the two of them into the waters too. After spending some time splashing and chasing each other, they grew tired. Walking out of the water, they collapsed onto the sand one after another. They were all drenched and dripping wet. Woo Hyun felt annoyed by his shirt which was completely wet and sticking to his body annoyingly. Pulling off his shirt, he threw it to the side, onto Dong Woo’s bag.

“Heh.” He laughed softly at his aim.

Eun Ji who was sitting beside Woo Hyun followed the small kid who ran past and noticed Woo Hyun who became shirtless. She accidentally saw his muscular body and abs which made her feel uneasy. She blushed a bit and quickly turned back. Myung Soo noticed that Eun Ji was feeling awkward and unused.

“Hyung, put on your shirt.” Myung Soo nudged Woo Hyun and said.

“Why? I don’t want. It is wet!” Woo Hyun complained like a kid and shook his head.

“Just put it on.” Myung soo insisted as he passed him his shirt.

Turning his head to the left, he saw Eun Ji who was intently looking away and knew the reason behind Myung Soo’s request. He turned back to Myung Soo and smiled sheepishly at him before wearing his shirt back. After some rest under the brilliant sun, the guys decided to cycle.

“Let’s have a double bike race!~” Dong Woo suggested.

“Why double bike?” Sung Yeol asked.

“Because it will be more fun!” Dong Woo exclaimed.

“Or is it just because you want to pair up with Hoya huh?” Sung Yeol teased.

“Yah!” Dong Woo shouted as he looked away awkwardly.

Hoya chuckled a bit while the rest agreed to Dong Woo’s suggestion.

“So how is the pairing going to be?” Sung Yeol asked.

“Me and Woo Hyun!” Sung Gyu claimed Woo Hyun instantly and moved closer to him.

“I will take Sung Jong then.” Sung Yeol said as he pulled the maknae over to him.

“I will go with Dong Woo since…it is not our first time.” Hoya said cheekily.

“So it is left with me and you.” Myung Soo said to Eun Ji.

Eun Ji nodded her head and looked down shyly.

Getting on the bikes, the pairs set off at the count of three. Racing and pedaling with all their might, the 4 pairs were racing to the finishing point. The leading pair was Sung Gyu and Woo Hyun who were using all their strength, not wanting to lose to the others. Myung Soo and Eun Ji were lagging behind and starting to lose track of the group.

After reaching the final point, the six of them were laughing at Myung Soo and Eun Ji who were finally arrived. Getting off their bike, Myung Soo returned the bike and joined the group.

“Heh. As usual, punishment for loser~” Dong Woo stated excitedly.

“I have a punishment in mind.” Woo Hyun said with a secretive smile.

Gathering the boys in a circle, leaving out the two of them, he whispered to them his suggestion. They nodded in agreement and stood up straight. Woo Hyun stepped forward to the couple and smiled at them.

“Your punishment is being abandoned by the group!!! See you back in the dorm~” Woo Hyun shouted and quickly ran away. The rest of INFINITE chased after Woo Hyun, leaving Myung Soo and Eun Ji standing there, dumbfounded.

“WHAT?! HEY! COME BACK!~” Myung Soo shouted and gestured for them to return desperately.

However, they were already far from sight. Sung Yeol even managed a wave to Myung Soo as he ran backwards. Knowing they wouldn’t return or pick up his calls, Myung Soo kept his phone and turned back to Eun Ji.

“I guess who are abandoned.” Myung Soo pointed out with an awkward smile.

“It seems so.” Eun Ji replied.

The two of them walk to the beach and sat down on the beach, facing the sea. There was an awkward silence between the two. Myung Soo coughed in an attempt to break the silence.

“What are you thinking about?” Myung Soo asked as he turned to Eun Ji who was deep in thoughts.

“I regretted.” Eun Ji said in a sad tone.

“Regretted?” Myung Soo asked.

“I regretted… not kissing my parents anymore after I became a teenager. I regretted not taking a family photo with them when we had the chance. I regretted not telling them I love them a lot, a lot. I regretted…” Eun Ji choked on her words as tears fell from her eyes.

She turned away and wiped them off quickly. However, Myung Soo already knew she was crying and was a little lost. He did not know what to do. Slowly, he moved closer to her and placed his hand on her shoulder, patting it lightly.

“Don’t worry, everything is going to be fine. You will have the chance to do so when we return. I promise you that everything will turn out fine.” Myung Soo comforted her.

“But… But what if I am really dead tomorrow? What if I vanish without myself knowing? What if I don’t get to see my parents anymore? What if…” Eun Ji was crying harder than before as she faced Myung Soo. Before Eun Ji could continue speaking, she felt something pressing against her lips. Myung Soo’s face was right before hers and they kissed. He stopped her from talking and thinking with the simplest method. Eun Ji gulped down her saliva and pulled away in shock. Shifting his face away, Myung Soo looked back at the sea, avoiding her gaze.

“Sorry, I couldn’t help it. I was just…trying to stop you from all the negative thoughts. I can’t bear to think of the possibilities you listed. I am just scared…to lose you.” he explained.

“Myung Soo…” Eun Ji muttered as she buried her face in his shoulders. More tears escaped her eyes and soaked Myung Soo’s sleeves. He wrapped his arms tightly around her, hoping that the day would never end. He could not bear to lose her because he knew he had fallen for her. He wanted to hold onto her forever and never let her go. Her tears pained him but all he could do was to see her cry. He felt useless and helpless before her.

“Is there really no other way out?” Myung Soo thought as he looked down at Eun Ji.


Author's Note:
Hey people!~:D
How was the new update?:)
Hope you enjoyed reading and would subscribe/comment?^^
Anyways, this fic will be ending in a chapter or two already:D!
Thank you so much for reading ~ ^^