My happy Ending

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

 

A/N: italic is Mi Young's thoughts. :)

 

It was 6:30 am and I was woken up by the irritating noise of my alarm clock. I lazily stood up from bed and turned off the alarm. Right then and there, I suddenly remember my agony. How can I tell Sulli about it? How about Donghae? Will he actually stop me?

I don’t want to go to school!

With a very heavy heart, I walked back to my bed and decided to skip class. A few minutes after I lay down on my bed, someone suddenly knocked on my door.

“Honey?” My mom said as she opened the door.

“I guess I was right after all.” She continued and walked towards the bed.

“hmm?”

“Actually, I had this gut feeling that you will be skipping school today.” She said as she caressed my hair.

I immediately placed my head on her lap, enjoying what she was doing.

“I don’t want to go to school today.” I whined.

“Mi Young, you have to go to school. Will you just waste your time staying inside this house instead of spending time with your friends before you say goodbye?”

She was right. She was always right.

I hugged her tightly and immediately prepared myself for school.

**In School**

Everything started normally in school. As usual, I was dropped off somewhere far from the school gate, saw Donghae being flocked my students and hugged Sulli as soon as we saw each other. It seemed so normal yet felt so unusual.

The moment I saw Sulli smile and talked, I felt really guilty. I didn’t know how to tell her everything. I don’t want to make her sad, not even frown.

I tried my very best to act as normal as possible until we arrived in our classroom. I sat silently on my chair and looked outside the window. I gazed at the tree, thinking of the possible ways on how to tell Sulli about it.

“Good Morning Mi Young.” I looked up and saw Donghae smiling at me.

“Hi.” I said briefly and went back to my staring. If this was a normal day, I would’ve tried my best to reach out to Donghae.

A few minutes after, the bell rang and the class finally started.

It was one of the days where in I wasn’t really paying attention to the teacher or to the lesson itself.

“Ms. Hwang? The board is right here, not there. Pay attention!” My teacher suddenly yelled at me, for the first time in my entire semester.

“I’m sorry.” I said silently and pretended to listen to his discussion.

The bell suddenly rang and it was already lunch break.

Time does fly so fast.

As soon as I arrived near the door of our classroom, Sulli suddenly cling into my arm.

“Are you okay? Is there something wrong?” She asked.

“Yes, of course!” I faked a smile and tried to look cheerful.

“You seemed to be not in yourself today.”

I felt really, really guilty.

I don’t think I can pretend anymore!

“I have something to tell you.” I said, gathering up all the courage that I had.

“What is it?”

“My family and I are migrating to New York.” I confessed. I can see how shocked Sulli was, which made me feel more hurt.

“What?” She asked in confusion.

“I’m going away to New York”

“But you’re still coming back right?” She asked. This time, I can feel the intensity of the moment. It seemed like tears were forming in her eyes, same as mine.

“I- I don’t think so. My dad said we’ll be living there.”

I was taken aback when Sulli suddenly turned her back and walked away from me.

“Sulli!” I called her but it was no use. She walked as fast as she could and left me devastated.

I sadly went back inside our classroom and sat on my chair. I gazed at the tree again and felt my cheeks getting wet.

So, it finally happened. I’m doomed.

I wiped my tears away, hoping that it will eventually stop. But after I wipe it, another batch of tears comes in.

“Are you okay?” I suddenly heard someone asked.

I hid my face and wiped my tears rapidly. I never wanted anyone to see me cry. Not ever.

“Yeah. Something is inside my eyes. An insect, I guess.” I lied.

“Ahh. Don’t you think the weather is quite good?” the person suddenly asked.

I looked up and was surprised when I saw Donghae smiling at me. He took his chair and placed it in front of me then he sat.

“I think it’s quite good.” I answered him.

“The weather makes me want to eat ice cream.”

“But it’s cloudy. Why do you want to eat ice cream on a gloomy day?” I asked.

“I don’t know. I just love eating ice cream at times like this.”

I shrugged and looked outside the window.

The weather is quite reflecting how I feel right now.

“Do you want to eat Ice cream?” He suddenly asked.

“Right now?” I stared blankly at him.

“Yup! Now, as in NOW!” he excitedly said.

“But we still have class.”

“Well, it doesn’t hurt if we skip once in a while.” He said and smirked at me.

Is he actually asking me out?

“B—but..”

“Come on!” He said as he grabbed his bags and waited for me to stand up. I was left with no choice but to follow him.

“Mi Young, you have to act as if something’s wrong with you so that we could get a permit. Okay?” He whispered as we were heading towards the school clinic.

“O-okay.”

He then grabbed my bag away from me.

“Now.” He whispered.

I acted as if I have a very painful stomach ache. I crouched and placed my palm in my stomach. Donghae then pretended to guide me, placing his hands on my shoulders.

“What’s wrong with her?” The nurse asked.

“She has a stomach ache.” Donghae answered.

“Did you take medication?” The nurse asked me.

“Actually, she just takes medicine prescribed by her doctor. I already called Dr. Kim, their family doctor. I just have to take her to the hospital to have her checked.” Donghae said.

What a good liar.

“Really? O-okay.” The nurse said. Then I saw her writing the permit for us.

“Here’s your permit. Don’t forget to hand me a medical certificate tomorrow.” She said.

“I will make sure you’ll have it first thing in the morning.” Donghae smiled and guided me out of the clinic.

We walked towards the main entrance of the school and handed the guard our permit. Then I saw his car waiting for us. He guided me inside and when he came, he was laughing really, really loud.

“That was EPIC!” he said and continued laughing.

“Yah! How am I going to produce a medical certificate by tomorrow?” I whined.

“Don’t worry, I’m here! I’ll take care of that.” He said and smiled.

“Mr. Shin, let’s go to Myeongdong.” He told the driver and then the car started running.

*******************************************************************************************************************

A/N

He--ey! Yes, this is a new chappie. It wasn' in the original and maybe it will change some of the events

in the story. Just maybe. (I think I'm becoming a spoiler! LOL)

Can't reply to your comments and I'm sorry! 

Lastly, I would like to thank you all. Especially those who have already read the original and still reading this one! You guys rock! :)