my happy ending

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

I was in total agony. I didn’t know if I would just walk past him and ignore him or lock myself inside the toilet forever until he’s gone.

I didn’t know how to face him, I don’t know if I could talk to him and most importantly, I don’t know if I could control myself once I’m with him.

Yes, I was angry at him earlier but when I saw him, it suddenly faded away. I don’t know how he does it.

After a few seconds of composing myself, I decided to just walk past him and totally ignore him.

May all the gods in Greece help me.

I glared at him and walked away from him. As I walk, I felt someone following me. I looked back and realized that it was him.

With that, I doubled my pace. But no matter how hard I tried to walk fast, he was also trying his best to catch up to me.

A few steps after, I felt confident that he wasn’t following me anymore, so I looked back.

And as I turned, I saw him smiling confidently at me.

“Why are you following me?” I yelled.

“Why are you running away from me?” He asked back.

“I asked you first! And besides, I’m not running away from you!” I angrily said.

How could I yell at him? I’ve totally changed.

“Then what are you doing, if that’s not running away?” He asked.

My mind suddenly went blank during that time. Why am I running away from him again?

“I’m hurrying back home.” I said and moved away from him.

“I just want to have a chat with you but you’re treating me like I have some contagious disease.” He said. There was sadness in his voice which made me feel really guilty.

I never intended to treat him like that. I’m just- I’m just not ready to face him yet.

“I’m sorry. I never intended to make you feel that way. But I really, really have to go back home.” I lied.

“But we’ve just seen each other. Is it really an emergency?” He asked. His facial expression made me guilty and his words were stuck in my heart. What is he trying to imply? Did he want me to stay longer?

“Yes.” I said briefly.

“Well then, when can we see each other again?” My heart suddenly skipped a beat. What does he mean by that?

“I- I don’t know.” I said with confusion. Then, I took a step away from him and started to walk. I know that once I give, I will definitely go back to old me, to the girl who’s crazy over him. I don’t want that to happen anymore. Even if it hurts, I have to stop myself from being miserable.

Donghae suddenly blocked my using his body, which, if I may add, was really tantalizing.

“Can I at least have your mobile number?”

“My number? Wait, why?” I asked. Why does he want me to stay in contact with him? I don’t want him back in my life and I’m hoping he wants the same thing too.

“It’s been a long time since we’ve seen each other. I just want to catch things up with you. I mean, Mi Young o-or Tiffany, Or whatever your name is, I just want to recall the past with you. I wanted to talk to you about how we used to share assignments, how we ditch class together and why you left. Isn’t that what friends do?” He said with bitterness in his voice.

I froze right in front of him. I was struck by his words. I never thought he could still remember those times that we shared together. And I never thought that it was a big deal for him that I left.

I tried to analyze every word that he said. I felt happy but then got disappointed when I realized that he said the words friends.

All these time, I was dumb to think that he wanted to be more than friends with him. So, it was actually the reason why he cared so much.

I’m really stupid.

Right then and there, my heart was torn into pieces. What the hell was I expecting? Why was I expecting?

“Yes. But we’re not normal friends.” I said.

“We had this thing back then. If it isn’t friendship then what was it?” He asked looking so disappointed.

“It was respect. You respected my existence and so in return, I respected yours.”

“Wh- what?”

“I think it’s better for us to stay like this, to be acquaintances. Let’s continue respecting each other’s existence.” I said and walked away.

“I’m not satisfied with just respecting your existence. I want to interact with you, I want to feel your presence. I want you.”

“But I don’t want it.” I briefly said and ran away from him. Unknowingly, tears fell on my eyes.

It hurts, it really does. But if I don’t hurt myself now, the pain that I will have later on will be doubled. I know. I just have to bear this temporary pain.

As I arrived in the hotel lobby, I saw Sulli waiving at me. I immediately composed myself and gave her a fake smile.

“Are you alright?”

“Yeah. I- I just want to go home for now.” I hugged her and immediately went inside the car.

I spent the rest of the night crying my heart out and decided that I would bury myself with work the next day.

*NEXT DAY*

I confidently walked inside my office and sat on my chair. Immediately after I was settled, I called in Mr. Song.

“Ms. Hwang, these are the papers you needed. Every detail about the new project with Everbest is in there. And your dad specifically said that you are assigned to focus you attention with this project. This includes meeting the endorser, the company representative and be there during commercial shoot.” He explained.

“I thought I’ll stay here as the new CEO. Why do I need to do the stuff that could be handled by the relation officer?” I asked before I grabbed the folder from his hand.

“It was your dad’s request. He said that Everbest is one of our treasured clients and he wants to make sure that they are handled properly.”

Just by hearing my dad’s name, I already knew I have no other choice but go with it. I took a glance at the folder and was immediately caught off guard as I looked at the name of their endorser.

It was no other than Lee Donghae.

****************************************************************************************************************

Comment and subscribe! I hope you'll like it. :)