My Happy Ending

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

A/N: italic lines are Mi Young's thought. :)

 

**high School Years**

 

It was 7:30 am and I was quite sure I wasn’t late for class yet. It has been a requirement for me to be dropped off from the car a few meters away from our school just for the sole purpose of not getting attention from my school mates.

 

I was walking towards the gate of our school when suddenly, I saw a guy coming out from his luxury car right in fron of our school gate.

 

Too much for showing off!

 

I walked faster, trying to get away from the crowd that went near the car. As I arrived inside the school, I looked back and saw the guy. It was no other than Lee Donghae.

 

Seesh!

 


Lee Donghae. I don’t even know where to start describing this guy. He is the most popular, the most sophisticated, the evilest person that I knew.Hah! I hated guys like him very much.

 

They are the kind of people that should never be 
respected.  I’ve known him since middle school and ever since then, all I really want to do is to..

 

Urgh! I admit it, all I want to do is to kiss him, passionately! Since middle school, I liked him. He was the only guy that I wanted to be with. I’ve always wished to become his lab partner, his seatmate or anything that could me be within his circle or even just near him.

 

It’s true that I hated guys like him but not him. I love everything about him. His eyes, which make him, look sleepy, his lips, which I know have been, exposed to a lot of girls lips already, but I still don’t care, his hair, which still looks good even if it’s not combed.

 

But ever since middle school, reality has been so tough on me. Donghae doesn’t like me. Much worst, he doesn’t even know I exist. We’ve been classmate since then but never once did he utter a single word to me. I don’t even know how it became possible. But I’m guessing it’s because he doesn’t really want to get himself be associated with an anti-social/ loner like me.

 

And now that we’re already in high school, making him notice me has become a thousand more difficult. His puberty has done him good and he became a lot more attractive, which, by the way made him a thousand times more popular than before. I, on the other hand, is still the same shy, quiet and nerd Mi Young,

 

I passed through his so called ‘fans’ that were satisfying their eyes with the sight of him and eventually saw my one and only supportive best friend, Sulli.

 

“Hey! Good Morning!” She said as we hugged.

“Good Morning Sulli!”

“So, how does it feel seeing your prince charming in his horse first thing in the morning?” She teased as she cling her arms to mine.

“As you can see, there a lot of evil witches blocking me from seeing my prince charming in his metal horse. I think I’d have to slay them all one by one.” I joked.

“I’d help you slay them all, if you want!” She said back. Both of us laughed and walked towards our classroom.

 

 

As I sat in my chair that is located at the very back part, near the window, Donghae came to our room.

 

He then took a seat in the desk in front of me, and yes, I’m lucky to have him seated in front of me. I actually did a lot of thanks giving for that.

 

As usual, I was staring blankly on his back. It has been weeks since he stayed right in that seat and of course, it has been weeks since I satisfied myself looking at his back.

 

I stared blankly at his hair when he suddenly looked back. I was so caught off guard that I immediately turned my head towards the window and pretended that I was staring at something.

 

Almost caught! Be calm Mi young! Be calm!

 

 “hey, do you have an answer for this item?” he said.

 

God knows how frozen I was. Was he even talking to me? I looked back and saw no one. I pointed myself, trying to ask him if he was actually talking to me.

 

He let out a soft laugh and continued staring at me. Gosh, his eyes looked so perfect. It became a lot more perfect when he smiled! Was there a word to describe better than perfect?

 

Get hold of yourself Mi Young!

 

I turned my head left and right, telling him no.

Yes, yes, I’m so DUMB for letting go of that moment. The moment when I could have talked to him! But then again, I was dumb.

“Oh, thanks anyway. ” he said as he look back to his front.


I was sweating, literally sweating. I don’t even know what to feel.

 

Sulli, who was seated two chairs away from me, saw us and she called me.

 

“yah! What was that! Why didn’t you answer him?” she said, in lip reading mode.

 

“i..i didn’t know what to say!” that was all I could tell her. (lip reading mode)

 

She just looked away with regret in her face. And I looked at his back with regrets as well.

 

I’m never gonna get a chance again.

 

I slouched and stared at his back again. I was so frustrated because I know I’m never going to get the chance again.

 

But then, just like what happened earlier, he looked back. I immediately straightened up and my eyes involuntarily dilated.

 

 “Are you sure you don’t have an answer for this?  I mean, you always get items like this right” he said.

 

I FREAKED OUT. He knew! He knew that I exist! How can he? Is he actually paying attention on me? OH MY GOD. My happiness was unexplainable.

 

I immediately shrugged off and turned back my senses.

 

 “Oh- this was the item. I thought it was the other one.” I lied. I immediately grabbed my notebook from my bag and handed it to him. My hands were obviously shaking.

 

Shoot! I WAS SO OBVIOUS!!!



He then smiled at me, the very smile that captured my heart all these years. My heart was beating fast and I was almost trembling.

After a while, he handed me back my assignment.


“thank you very much, Mi Young” he said, making it sound so sincere.

 

I just smiled at him, but deep inside me were emotions that couldn’t be explained by words. Those moments made my day, No, not just my day but my entire life.

I may be overreacting, but that was what I felt at that time.

And for the entire morning, I did nothing but to stare at his back. I was so out of myself. I wasn’t even paying attention to class JUST BECAUSE I WAS TOO HAPPY by staring at his back.

 

The bell then rang, signaling that it was already lunch break. Everyone went out of the room, including me. Sulli was waiting for me near the door and immediately grabbed my arm.

 

 “yah, what happened earlier?” she asked.

 

“He asked me the answer of the assignment and guess what?” I excitedly said.

 

“What?” she asked,

 

“He knows my name” I excitedly answered.

 

“Come on Mi Young, how could he not? You were classmate since middle school and you we’re always in the top of the class.” She said, breaking my excited feeling.

 

“I just thought he didn’t know. He never, ever talked to me.” I said.

 

“Aish! Anyways, that’s a good start isn’t it?” she said, lifting my mood.

 

I got happy again.

 

I accidentally looked back and I was shocked, very shocked when I saw, no other than Donghae.

 

He was smiling at me, which made me paranoid.

 

Did he hear what we said? Did he already know my feeling? What am I going to do?!