It's him

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

 

I didn’t answer him at first, but when I saw him trying to analyze my face. I know he wouldn’t know because I was wearing a mask but then, it’s better to be careful so, I immediately offered my hand to him.

“I’m Tiffany.” I lied.

Well, I did not really lie. Tiffany is my English name. And everyone I knew already calls me that.

“Tiffany? I don’t remember anyone named Tiffany from middle school.” He murmured.

Please, just this time. Believe me.

“I’m not really that popular in middle school.” I said and laughed softly.

“Oh, I’m Donghae, in case you don’t know.” He said and smiled.

Gah, his smile just makes me heart go crazy!

“Of course I know you. You’re quite popular.” I said and laughed again. This time, he laughed along with me.

“Don’t you have any friends to enjoy this party with?” He suddenly asked before taking a sip on his wine.

“I’m not that friendly in middle school. I only have one friend and I’m letting her enjoy the party.” I said and drank my wine.

“Oh..”

“How about you?”

“Well, everyone may seem to be my friend but in reality,” he paused and moved closely to me, which, if I may add, made my heart pumped faster.

“I’m a loner.” He whispered and then he laughed.

Donghae? A loner? No way.

“I’m glad you’re loner too. We can buddies! Two lonely people together aren’t that lonely anymore.” He added and then laughed again.

“I don’t believe you’re a loner.” I said and stared at him,

“I am. I really am.” He said and acted serious.

Why is he so cute?

“If you’re a loner, then why are you joining a boring party like this?” I asked.

“Why are you here?” He asked back.

“I was forced by a friend.”

“Well, I was forced by my instincts.” He answered and took a sip, again.

“Haha! What instincts? You’re so weird.”

“Actually, I was hoping to see someone. Someone very, very important in my life.” He said. This time, I can see the seriousness in his face.

“Who is it? Do I know her?” I asked.

“Of course! Everyone knows her. She’s the prettiest and smartest girlI have ever met.”

I suddenly got intrigued by this girl. I never knew anyone linked to Donghae in middle school.

But then I shouldn’t wonder too much. A lot of girls surround Donghae and although he wasn’t linked to one, I’m quite sure he fell in love with one of those girls.

“What is she to you? You’re first girlfriend?” I asked again.

“Nope. She’s my first love. My first unacquainted love.” He answered sadly.

Woah, really? Even someone like Donghae can actually experience unacquainted love?

“What’s her name?”

“That’s a secret. You’ll know once I find her.” He plainly said.

I got a lot more curious about this girl. I wanted to ask him about her again but unfortunately, Sulli, who was not wearing a mask anymore, suddenly interrupted us.

“TIFFANY! Let’s daaance!” She said and then grabbed me towards the dance floor.

I didn’t want to leave him but then, I was left with no choice but to follow her.

Everyone, including me, danced to the music of the Dj. I admit, I really had fun, but everything changed when the music was suddenly turned into a ballad.

Everyone had their own partner, excluding me. So, I decided to slowly walk away from the dance floor when suddenly, I hand grabbed me.

I ended up right in front of a man. My body was so close to him.

“Let’s dance.” The man suddenly said.

When I looked up, I was really surprised.

It was him, Lee Donghae.

Donghae immediately placed my hands on his neck and then he placed his hands on my waist.

I felt like I was hugging him. It was the very first time in a thousand years that I got this close to him. God knows how I patiently waited for this moment.

I admit, I thought that I was over him. But at this moment in time, I realized that I was never really over him.

And for someone like me, that dance was like a dream come true.

“How are you, Mi Young?” He suddenly whispered in my ears which brought shivers all over my body.

 He knew? He knew it was me?

Right there and then, I froze. I didn’t know what to say or do.

He suddenly smiled brightly at me, which made my heart melt.

“I’m kinda making a bet with myself. I’m not really sure that you were Mi Young, before I saw that reaction on your face.” He said and laughed softly.

“And besides, Sulli, your only friends came in towards us.” He continued.

Aish, SULLI! I’m blaming you!! I could’ve known the name of that girl if only you didn’t interrupt us!

“Hi, Donghae. Nice to see you again.” I said sarcastically.

Sometimes, I think that being sarcastic is the best defense mechanism.

“It’s been so long Mi Young.. or Tiffany.” He said.

“Tiffany is way better.”

“You’ve changed a lot.” He said and smiled.

“I never knew you were a loner in middle school.” He continued.

“I’m a lot more surprised that you were a loner in middle school.” I answered back.

“Hmm, you sound like an Ahjumma.” He said and laughed softly.

Is he trying to piss me?

“A very pretty Ahjumma.” He said and laughed again.

The song suddenly changed to an upbeat song and immediately, I walked away from him.

Grrr, I missed him, really! But it wasn’t a great time to joke something that really hurts, a lot. I’m quite childish, I know but then, I don’t why it suddenly hurts!

But then, I was embarrassed. He said I was pretty and I suddenly felt really happy.

And it’s very awkward to show him my happiness, so I ran towards the nearest toilet and locked myself inside.

I placed my hand on the right side of my chest and felt how fast my heart was beating.

I looked at myself in the mirror and touched my face.

Am I really pretty? Grr, that guy is making me confused!

I immediately fixed myself, retouched and then went outside the toilet. As I went out, I was surprised when I suddenly saw him.

“I was waiting for you.” He said and smiled.

Why would he wait for someone like me?

 

*******************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Please comment and subscribe. :))