My happy Ending

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

 

“What did you say?” I asked Sulli anxiously.

“I said I had no contact with you, of course!”

“Oh..” My heart suddenly started to beat so fast. Why am I feeling this way? Am I not really over him?

“You know what, after that incident, I kept on thinking that maybe he was in love with you.” Sulli suddenly said.

“haha! Don’t make jokes like that!”

“Well, I was just wondering.” She shrugged.

After what Sulli said, I suddenly felt excited. I felt like I had to prepare myself for our meeting. And that I have to meet him as soon as possible.

I know it’s not right. I should forget him already. It’s been years but still, my heart is just unstoppable.

The next day, Sulli and I immediately went shopping. We looked for our clothes, shoes and masks for the reunion party.

It took me hours to find my own dress because honestly, I don’t go shopping that much. Everything was already brought, from clothes, accessories down to shoes but one thing was missing, the mask.

When we were inside a boutique, a particular mask caught my attention.

“Hey, look at this mask.”

“It’s good! I think it looks great on you.” Sulli said.

I immediately grabbed the mask and paid for it.

As soon as I was done buying things, I got a lot more excited for Saturday night. I knew everything was ready except for one thing, meeting Donghae.

Days passed so fast and Saturday came.

I woke up pretty late that day because of the tiring demands I had from work. But because of my excitement, I immediately prepared myself and went to the salon.

After a few hours of preparation, I was ready. The driver immediately brought me towards the hotel, where the reunion will be held.

As soon as I arrived, I immediately noticed the crowd of girls who were surrounding something.

Before I went out of the car, I wore my mask so that no one could recognize me. As I walk towards the crowd, my heart suddenly started to beat so fast. As if there was some signal giving that Donghae is near.

And my heart was right, He is here.

It was Donghae, the person that I used, or shall I say, I still love, who was surrounded by the crowd.

Yes, Donghae was wearing a mask just like the others. But I was still sure it’s him. Just by looking at the shape of his face, by the looks of his lips, I knew it was him.

Nothing’s changed.

Yes, nothing has changed. Just like the old times, Donghae was still surrounded by people. And I was still the same, the quiet and loner Miyoung.

I walked past the crowd and realized that yes, I was still the same, the unpopular person I was in high school.

As I enter the dining hall, I immediately saw Sulli. We then walked towards the table and started chatting with our old classmates.

The ambiance of the reunion was really like a masquerade ball. But to me, it felt like our high school prom.

Everyone was dancing and talking to each other. But unlike everyone, I just sat there alone with a bottle of wine on my hand.

Just by looking at the people, I suddenly realized that I really regret the fact that I had no close friends in middle school, except Sulli.

I wasn’t able to socialize that much because I was busy trying to impress my parents with my grades. I was a total nerd and a bookworm.

But I thank God that He gave me Sulli. Unlike me, Sulli was friendly and sociable. She had a lot of friends to talk to. She was popular.

I actually don’t know how we became friends but it doesn’t matter anymore.

I went towards the mini-bar just to comfort myself from the loneliness I felt. I asked the bar tender to give me another wine when suddenly, a guy took a seat beside me. At first, I didn’t mind but after a while, he suddenly opened up a conversation with me.

“Enjoying the party?” he asked.

“Not really.” I answered without looking at him.

“me too.” He said. With that, I turned my head to look at him. He didn’t say anything else but he just smiled. I was surprised when I realized that it was Donghae.

My heart started to beat so fast again. Did he know me?

I tried to act cool even though deep inside, I was already dying because of hyperventilation.

“What’s your name?” He suddenly asked, which made me feel more nervous!

He didn’t know me. Of course he wouldn’t I was wearing a mask!

“I—“ I paused and stared at him.

 

A/N

HEYYYYY!! please leave a comment and subscribe! :)

Shall I tell him that it’s me? That I’m Mi Young? Or shall I lie to him?