My happy Ending

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

 

“Sulli?” I asked.

“Do I know you?” She said as she studied my face.

I shrugged and just smiled at her.

“Mi Young?!” She surprisingly yelled out my name. I nodded and hugged her tightly.

“Oh my God! Mi Young!” She excitedly said as we moved away from each other.

I can see in her reaction that she was surprised and happy. I am too, I am so surprised how destiny has been so good to me.

“How are you? God, I missed you so much!” She said while holding my hand.

“I missed you too! I’m fine, very fine. How about you? How’s life being a senator’s daughter?”

“It made my life more complicated. We have a lot of talking to do! We haven’t made any contact in years. And it was entirely my fault. I’m sorry.”

“Yah! Don’t be sorry. When I found out about your Dad, I finally understood why you changed your house’s number.” I said as I tapped her shoulders.

“But now, I have to get you mobile number!”

I smiled and dialed my number on her phone. While we were busy trying to catch up, I suddenly remembered that I was with the old people from the company.

“Sulli, I have to go now. I’m in a middle of a dinner meeting. I’m sorry. I’ll call you later, okay?”

“O-okay! I’ll wait for your call.” She said and we hugged one last time before I rushed back towards the diner.

Later that night, I called Sulli. We talked about a lot of things and finally made an appointment with her the next day.

*The next day*

Just like the old times, Sulli and I met in Soshi café, the place where we used to hang out almost every afternoon during high school.

By the moment both of us settled in our seats, our mouth never stopped moving. We talked about a lot of things. We started reminiscing the past, from the moment I left up until the moment we met again.

We remembered our middle school and high school memories together which made us laugh and even made me want to go back to high school.

Moments after, Sulli started to mention things about Donghae. Since last night, I already knew that we will be talking about him. Of course, he was part of my life since then. But what I never knew was the fact that my heart still feels different every time she mentions his name.

“Do you remember Donghae?” Sulli suddenly asked before sipping her iced coffee.

“Of course.”

“Well, you should! He has always been your dream guy and prince charming!” she laughed.

I nervously sipped my coffee and just smiled at her.

“Of course, I can never forget those childish times.” I said.

“Donghae is quite popular nowadays. He’s now a singer-actor and one of the most sought after bachelor of Korea.” She excitedly said.

I made another sip of my coffee and unexcitedly looked at her.

“Well? Isn’t it surprising?” She asked.

“I kind of expected him to become really popular and besides, he was already popular since then. So, it’s not surprising at all.”

“Geez, I thought it’ll surprise you.” She pouted and continued sipping her iced coffee.

“Anyways, our middle school has organized a reunion on Saturday. We should go.” She continued.

“I don’t think I can. I have so many things to do and have so little time to prepare for it.”

“Come on, Tif. You just arrived.  Maybe you could relax a little and start the real work next week. And besides, it’s still Tuesday. You have 3 days before the event. I guess you have all the time in the world.”

“B—but”

“No buts! And you know, you could meet Donghae in that event.” She said and giggled.

“I’m not interested in him anymore.”

“Maybe you’re not but maybe he is.” She said as she winked on me.

“W—what do you mean?” I was startled.

“Actually, I met him last Saturday because of a charity event. And when we bumped into each other, he suddenly asked me about you.”

I was shocked. How could this possible?

“What did he say?” I asked as my heart started to beat triple.

“Well, he just asked if there were any news about you or if I knew how to contact you. He even asked if you were coming to the reunion event or not.”

The moment I heard what Sulli said, my heart suddenly started to beat so fast. It felt like the feelings I had for that guy suddenly came back. Why is the universe making it difficult for me to finally get over him?

 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

A/N

Sorry! It took me a long time to update. Please comment! :)