My happy Ending

My Happy Ending (EDITED)

 

As I looked at him, my heart was pumping so hard. I was so nervous. I got paranoid and anxious.

What if he heard me?

At the back of my mind, I was thinking that maybe it would be better if he heard me. At least I wouldn’t have to confess to him anymore. But then, I wasn’t ready yet. It wasn’t time for him to know what I feel yet.

I held tightly on Sulli’s hand without looking at her.

“What’s wrong?” She asked.

I didn’t answer her, instead, I turned and hid myself on the wall. I grabbed her hand for her to join me in hiding.

“Yah!” She yelled softly.

“I think—“ I was cut off when Donghae suddenly appeared.

He smiled and went near us. I felt like collapsing that time.

“Don’t forget to eat your lunch Mi Young.” He said and walked pass through us,

I froze. And I mean literally froze! This day was so full of surprising moments!

“OH MY..” Sulli was also in disbelief, just like me. She turned and looked at me. She placed her hands on my shoulder and shook me, softly.

“I can’t believe it.” She said. I wasn’t able to answer her yet because I was still on cloud 9.

I went back to my senses when I felt a lot of gazes towards me. I saw a lot of girls giving me death glares and I also saw some guys giving me a look.

“Sulli! Let’s get out of here before these witches could kill me!” I whispered and grabbed Sulli away from the corridors.

We went to our favorite place in school, the rooftop.

“Mi Young!!!” Sulli yelled as soon as we arrived in the place.

I giggled and jumped like a child, out of happiness. My gosh, Donghae just made me feel so childish.

“I know! I know!” I said and hugged Sulli tightly.

“This is it! Your prayers are finally answered!” Sulli said.

“YES! And I’ll work hard! I’ll work hard to eventually make him mine!” I said as I went towards the edge of the place and felt the warn breeze.

After that day, Donghae and I became a lot closer. Not super close but a lot better than what we usually are.

Donghae would say ‘good morning’ every time he arrives in school. He would constantly ask question about school stuff and I was so glad to answer him. And every time the class ends, Donghae would say ‘goodbye Mi Young’ before heading to his soccer practice.

I was so satisfied and happy with those interactions that we had.

*2 weeks later*

“Mi Young, we have something to tell you.” My mom said during dinner.

“What is it mom?” I asked as I placed my utensils on the table.

“We are migrating to New York.” My mom told me the news. I was so shocked. I blankly looked at my mom and dad. They looked so serious which made me more nervous.

“What?” I asked in disbelief.

“Your dad needs to be in New York to take care of our business. I also have to be there too.” My mom explained while holding my hand.

“Can’t I just stay here? I mean both of you have been going back and forth. It’s nothing new, I can live here alone.” I said, trying to convince them to make me stay.

“Yes you did. But what happened during those times? Your grade went down. We can’t let that happened again.” My dad calmly said.

“I’d be more responsible! I promise dad, just let me stay.” I cried. I don’t want to leave. Not now.

“No. We are transferring and that’s final. Start packing your bag, we’re leaving on Monday.” My dad said, slightly raising his voice.

I walked away from the dining table and ran towards my room. I locked myself up and cried really hard.

Even though I don’t have a lot of friends, I still don’t want to leave Seoul.

I don’t want to start all over again. I don’t want to leave Sulli. And most importantly, I don’t want to leave Donghae!