weird

Past and Present

In the school:

Yuri: (almost yelling) he was with who?

Jessica: yah calm down will you?

Yuri: how can I calm down when he has time for her but says he’s busy when I ask him to hang out me?

Jessica: Man I can’t believe him. How can he do that? You’re way prettier than her and why would he even chose to hang out with her surprises me.

Yuri: tell me about it.

Jessica: I think it’s because of that new girl.

Yuri: arghh I should’ve guesses. That is running everything.

Jessica: chill honey maybe khun is just hanging out with her today. Who knows he might go back to ignoring her.

Yuri: for her sake let’s hope so.

 

In the sports hall:

Key sees Doojoon walk in with left side of cheeks bruised.

Key: what the hell man? What happened? Who did this?

Doojoon: Nichkhun.

Key: that’s bastard. He’s going to get it now.

Doojoon: just leave it man.

Key: what did you say?

Doojoon: I said forget about it.

Key: what’s wrong with you? Normally I would be the one saying that. Are you alright?

Doojoon: I’m fine. Can I ask you a question?

Key: sure go ahead.

Doojoon: I need you to be honest with me okay.

Key: sure.

Doojoon: do you think of me as a bad person?

Key: why are you asking me that?

Doojoon: just answer me. Do you think I hit people with out reason sometimes?

Key: what’s bought this on so suddenly?

Doojoon: key just answer it okay.

Key: so you really want to know what I think.

Doojoon: yes.

Key: okay. Yes I do think there are times where you fight with people over nothing but most of the times you have your reasons. And no I don’t think you are a bad person. You’re just someone who has lots of anger inside of you. So are you going to tell me why you’re asking me that?

Doojoon: thanks. It’s just someone said something today.

Key: that khun basterd.

Doojoon: no it wasn’t him. It was somebody else.

Key: it’s that son of a yonghwa isn’t it?

Doojoon: nope.

Key: then who?

Doojoon: promise you won’t say anything to her?

Key: oh so it was a girl then. Okay I promise.

Doojoon: it was that yoona.

Key: that nerd. Why do you care what she says anyway?

Doojoon: I don’t know man but most of the time what people say don’t effect me but it’s the way she said it and the way she looked when she said it that’s what made me think about all this.

Key: dude forget about it will you. Tell you what how about we go out to drink with Yuri and Jessica. They always want to hang out and it’ll take things off your mind.

Doojoon: okay fine.

 

In the canteen:

Yonghwa finally appears and sits down at the table with Seohyun, yoona, Nichkhun and Nicole.

Nichkhun: god what took you so long?

Yonghwa: sorry I had to go get something.

Nichkhun: what was it?

Yonghwa: it’s for Seohyun.

Nichkhun: oh okay. What did you get her?

Yonghwa: you guys don’t laugh okay.

Nicole: we won’t.

Yonghwa: it’s her first day here so I thought of getting her something to welcome her here.

Yoona: aww that’s so sweet.

Yonghwa: (brings out something that’s wrapped in foil) here Seohyun.

Seohyun: (takes it) it feels warm. Thank you.

Yonghwa: open it.

Seohyun: (opens it and sees two big sweet potatoes) oh my god you remembered. Thank you so much.

Nichkhun: (to Nicole and yoona) is it just me or are you guys confused by this as well.

Yoona: same here.

Nicole: so would you care to explain what this is about?

Seohyun: (laughs) it’s a long story.

Yoona: we’re listening.

Yonghwa: well Seohyun has always loved sweet potatoes and she would choose that over anything. I mean once I remember we were kids and these two boys confessed her. One gave her box of chocolates and the other one sweet potato. So she chose that one with potatoes and later dumped him after eating it saying she didn’t feel the same about him. (There is laughter from everyone on the table)

Nicole: you really did that? Oh my god I can’t believe this.

Seohyun: (blushing) I was only little.

Yoona: but still it’s so funny. (The bell goes off to say the lunch is over). Well then this was fun we better get back.

All of them head towards their class with key and Doojoon being the first one to enter the room. Doojoon goes to his seat at the back while key talks to Jessica and Yuri. Obviously they say yes to the offer. As key goes back to his seat Jessica and Yuri start giggling all happily and talking. Just then the whole class goes silent including those two as they see Nicole, yonghwa and Seohyun walk in together laughing and talking. But then the stares got even worse when Nichkhun and yoona walked in together again they were in deep conversation almost whispering and laughing. Jessica and Yuri’s hate for yoona and Nicole grew even more at that point. As yoona took her seat and waited for the teacher she suddenly felt as if the entire class was watching her. She didn’t dare to look around as she started to get really nervous. Nicole who was sat beside her gave her a little nudge and smiled at her which made yoona feel little bit better.

Teacher: alright people be qui- what the hell is going on? Why are you all so silent? Are you playing a prank? Key did you do something?

Key: why are you pointing the finger at me for?

Teacher: so are you telling me I am not being made fool of.

Key: no.

Teacher: well this is a nice surprise. You guys should be like this more often. Anyways I have some thing I need to go over. I know you won’t like this and would probably think bad things about me.

Key: we already do (gets laugh from everybody except some people).

Teacher: Mr Key stop it. Well we were going to leave it till later but we think it’s probably the best if you guys get started as quickly as possible on this.

Key: hurry up and get to the point. This is getting boring.

Teacher: fine in you want me to hurry up then shut up and let me talk. As I was saying I am going to give you a project to work on.

Key: you what? Are you crazy?

Yuri: but we just started school. It’s not fair.

Teacher: I know but you will be working in pairs. Now then I haven’t got a list made up yet but I will announce it tomorrow. I know you guys will learn lots from this project.

All the kids moan and disagree. Some are yelling and some are cursing. Even Nicole looked annoyed but yoona didn’t. She was all happy about it and looked really excited. What yoona didn’t realise was that Doojoon was staring at her giving her “is she for real look” while Nichkhun was watching her with a smile on his face.

Teacher: alright calm down I thought you guys would get angry so I decided to give you guys rest off the day off.

Key: now you’re talking.

Teacher: alright then. Enjoy the rest of the afternoon (walks out of the room).

Doojoon, key, Jessica and Yuri head out of the school together and they see yoona walk out alone as well. Yoona tried to avoid looking at them but Yuri couldn’t help but take a dig at her.

Yuri: hey nerd, alone again are we?

Yoona: what do you mean?

Yuri: once a loner always a loner.

Yoona: shut up.

Yuri: ohh the nerd can speak up.

Jessica: where’s you’re little nerdy friend?

Yoona: don’t talk about her like that.

Jessica: why what are you going to do? Report me to the head teacher.

Yoona: just leave me alone. Don’t waste your stupid precious time talking to me okay.

Jessica: don’t speak to me like that you hear you bit-

Doojoon: (almost yells) stop it.

Key: dude.

Doojoon: you said you wanted to hang out but if you’re going to stand there and say stuff then don’t bother coming.

Yuri: but she-

Doojoon: god lets just go shall we?

Jessica: fine.

Yoona walks away from them as quickly as possible and just as Doojoon and the gang are about to leave Nichkhun runs past them and reaches yoona.

Nichkhun: yah yoona stop there.

Yoona: oh what’s up?

Nichkhun: oh you run fast.

Yoona: sorry I just wanted to get home quicker.

Nichkhun: why you have to meet someone there?

Yoona: nope?

Nichkhun: you in trouble with your parents?

Yoona: (laughs) no I live alone. I wanted to get home and do some work.

Nichkhun: oh you live alone cool.

Yoona: yeah it’s cool at times. So what did you want to talk to me about?

Nichkhun: oh that. We were wondering if you wanted to hang out with us and go get something to eat. Nicole is coming and Seohyun wants you to come. So will you?

Yoona: okay. Well where are the rest of the guys?

Nichkhun: well they are already on their way to the café I just came to find you. we can walk together.

Yoona: sure lets go (start heading towards the café) is it far?

Nichkhun: no just 10 minutes away. By the way I saw you talking to Doojoon and that lot just now. Was he giving you more trouble?

Yoona: ahh no. we just had a little chat that’s all.

Nichkhun: oh okay. But if they behave inappropriately towards you tell me okay. I’ll sort them out.

Yoona: (laughs) thanks.

Jessica and Yuri watch yoona and Nichkhun walk together and feel so mad while key is just staring in confusion. For Doojoon hate that he had for Nichkhun went up even higher at that moment and he just started to walk away with key, Jessica and Yuri following behind.