not fair

Past and Present

As the students gathered around their friends seats chatting about who they hoped to be paired up with key went over to Jessica and Yuri and started to talk to them while Doojoon was lost in his own world again. While the three of them were talking once again Nicole, yonghwa and Seohyun walked in followed by yoona and Nichkhun and yoona who were being very enthusiastic. Jessica, Yuri and key just looked at them while Doojoon had his eyes fixed on only Nichkhun and yoona. As the chatter began to grow the teacher rushed into the classroom and told the student to get back to their seats as he wanted to announce the pairing as soon as possible.

Teacher: now then since everyone is settled I would like to announce the pairings. And they are as follow:

  • Yuri and Jessica (upon hearing the girls gave each other high-five although they wished they had been paired with one of the boys).
  • Seohyun and yonghwa
  • Nicole and key

Nicole: NOOOO. I don’t want to be paired up with him.

Key: hey it’s not like I wanted it either.

Nicole: please sir cant we swap.

Teacher: I am afraid not Nicole. It’s all been decided.

Nicole: but I don’t like him.

Key: I don’t like you either.

Nicole: shut up key.

Key: you shut up.

Teacher: you two calm down. I am sure you’ll get along once you start the project.

Nicole: I doubt it.

Key: whatever.

Teacher: enough now please let me carry on. Again the pairings are:

  • Yoona, Nichkhun and Doojoon.

Yoona: NO. I mean I am fine working with Nichkhun so you can put him with his friends.

Jessica: yeah sir you can put him with us.

Yoona: see that. You can move him.

Teacher: but I can’t. Like I said it’s all decided and it’s too late to change partners I’m afraid.

Nichkhun: okay but why us three while everybody is in two?

Teacher: well since Seohyun joined we have odd numbers so somebody had to be in a three?

Nichkhun: but why us? You could’ve added him in another group.

Doojoon: hey its not like I want to be in the same group as you two losers so shut up your .

Nichkhun: who says you have to be in? Why don’t you just live up to your reputation and rebel you stupid?

Doojoon: try saying that again and I’ll rip your face apart.

Teacher: if you two don’t shut up I swear to god I’ll keep you both locked in a room until you sort your problems out. Now then once let me continue (he announced rest of the pairings) now then since that’s out of the way I have to announce where you’ll be heading off together to do this project.

Nicole: hang on I don’t get it. I thought this was supposed to be like a written assignment.

Teacher: well it is sort of written but since this is a practical project it will involve you guys working together to help the people of the community after school. You will be working with people of all ages. Now then I’ll announce which pair is going to do what:

  • Yuri and Jessica will be working at a youth centre.
  • Seohyun and yonghwa will be working at a music centre teaching music to kids.
  • Nicole and key will be helping out with sports activities at a leisure centre.
  • Yoona, Nichkhun and Doojoon will become careers for an elderly man.

Doojoon: this just keeps getting worse and worse. I can’t look after an old man.

Teacher: well you have two friends helping you out.

Yoona: we’re not his friends (instantly she feels Doojoon staring at her).

Doojoon: whatever.

Teacher: (he announces more listing for rest of the group) now then since you know who you’re working with I want you guys to go out somewhere around the school in your pairs and find out stuff about each other and present what you found after lunch.

Yoona: (to Nichkhun) this is going to be a nightmare.

Nichkhun: don’t worry it’ll be fine (gives her a reassuring smile).

As the teacher heads off the student also head off in their pairs Jessica and Yuri head out of the class arm in arm while yonghwa and Seohyun walk together just talking. Key sort of jogs out of the class while Nicole follows him with glaring eyes. Nichkhun and yoona follow Doojoon who walks faster as if trying to get away from them.

Jessica and Yuri (outside in the school field):

Jessica: what do you think of the pairings?

Yuri: hmm I don’t know. It’s not fair for yoona to be paired up with both of them you know. God I bet she’s going to act all ty and try and sleep with them.

Jessica: (laughs) don’t be daft Doojoon doesn’t even like her enough to speak to her without getting worked up.

Yuri: what about Nichkhun? They seem to becoming fast friends.

Jessica: trust me babes. She’s not his type. He won’t even lay a finger on her. God she’s such a loser isn’t she?

Yuri: (applying more make up) yep. This must be her lucky day though. Anyways let’s get on with this thing then. Is there anything I should know about you that you haven’t told me?

Jessica: hmm let me think. I mean you’re my best friend so you know most of it. Wait I got it. There is one thing.

Yuri: does it involve a boy?

Jessica: yep. So anyways I had a boyfriend when I used to live in san-Francisco and his name was park jaebom. Well I was happy to be his girlfriend he would be so clingy most of the time. I mean he would call me in middle of the night singing to me and telling me I love you more then 50 times a day. At first it was sweet and stuff but my god after a while it got so annoying that I had to break up with him.

Yuri: poor you. So what does he do know then? Do you know?

Jessica: well the last time I heard he got involved in this gang with 6 other boys and they are trying to make it big or something. But nothings happened yet and I don’t reckon it will. Anyways what about you? Is there anything I should know?

Yuri: well mine also involves a boy.

Jessica: ohh interesting. So come on spill.

Yuri: well in my life I only had one serious relationship with this guy I really liked and his name was Choi Minho. Anyways we were happy to be together but as time went on he started to become distant you know. He would spend most of his time around his friends and even though he spent time with me we would argue most of the time. Once I remember on Valentines Day I asked him to take me to movies and shopping but he said he needed to visit someone first and then he would come see me.

Jessica: so you’re saying he ditched you on Valentines Day.

Yuri: yeah babes. And then later he comes around with just one single piece of rose and stupid chocolate box to say sorry but I told him if he can’t make time for me then it won’t work and that was the first time I felt bad when breaking up with some one.

Jessica: you did the right thing. You can’t trust a man who ditches you when it the most important day. So do you still talk to though?

Yuri: nope. I mean we have same friends outside the school so I hear about him from them on occasions.

Jessica: what’s he up to know?

Yuri: hmm I don’t know. Last time I heard he was going to go into music business but that’s all.

Jessica: ahh ok. Anyways let’s not talk about boyfriends and waste our time.

Yuri: I agree. Hey how about we go out of school and get something to eat. We have time.

Jessica: couldn’t agree more. (They both sneak out of the school and lucky for them no one catches them)

Yonghwa and Seohyun are in music room:

Yonghwa: (he is amazed after hearing Seohyun play the piano) wow that was great. You sound like a professional. When did you learn?

Seohyun: during summer holidays. It was fun.

Yonghwa: you should become a professional piano player. You’re so good at it.

Seohyun: (blushing) ahh its nothing. So what can you play?

Yonghwa: umm guitar and I sing a bit. But im not as good though.

Seohyun: aww come on play me something.

Yonghwa: okay (picks up a guitar from the side) I’ll play you the song you’re beautiful.

Seohyun: okay. (Yonghwa begins to play and sing. Seohyun is so mesmerized by hi skills and his voice she doesn’t even realise that he stopped playing and she’s just staring at him).

Yonghwa: yah Seohyun.

Seohyun: huh? Oh that was great.

Yonghwa: really?

Seohyun: you could become a professional singer and earn lots of money and fans you know.

Yonghwa: I don’t think I have the courage to go and perform infront of huge amount of people.

Seohyun: (laughs) I am sure you’ll do great and I will pray for you every time you perform so you’ll be okay.

Yonghwa: (smiles at her) thanks.

Seohyun: you’re welcome. Umm can I ask you something?

Yonghwa: sure.

Seohyun: do you think yoona will be okay being with two guys. I mean I’ve heard about what Doojoon can do and I am scared for her.

Yonghwa: don’t worry she’ll be fine.  Khun is there so he’ll make sure he doesn’t do anything stupid.

Seohyun: khun seems like a nice guy but what if Doojoon finds a way to get to her.

Yonghwa: you worry too much I know khun and he’ll do anything to protect close to him.

Seohyun: I hope he does. 

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys so sorry for not uploading in ages. I was busy visiting family and stuff. I was planning on uploading earlier but I couldn’t find time to do it with Christmas being here and all. Anyways I hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas. I hope you like this chapter and won’t find it boring. The next chapter will involve Nicole and key and also Nichkhun, yoona and Doojoon.