sweet start

Past and Present

At the café:

Yoona: (as they take their seats) wow this place is nice. How come I never heard about it?

Nicole: that’s because you never want to go out.

Yoona: that’s not true. I go out.

Nicole: oh yeah? When was the last time you came out with me?

Yoona: I came last weekend didn’t I?

Nicole: even then that was to buy school stuff and you wanted to go home early you only stayed because I nagged you.

Yoona: well fine then. How about we go out this weekend and show Seohyun around?

Nicole: promise?

Yoona: fine.

Seohyun: thank you guys that’s really nice of you.

Yoona: hey I have an idea how about you and Nicole come over to my place after school of Friday and we can have a sleep over.

Seohyun: yay sounds like a good plan.

Nicole: I’m in.

Yonghwa: hey what about us? (The girls laugh)

Yoona: you are guys.

Yonghwa: so? We’ll sleep in separate rooms.

Yoona: its girls only. Unless hmm (whispers to Nicole and Seohyun and they laugh).

Nichkhun: unless what?

Yoona: shall I tell them? (Nicole and Seohyun nod their head).

Nichkhun: yah what is it?

Yoona: fine we’ll let you come in on one condition.

Yonghwa: okay what is it?

Nicole: you two have to bring foods and drinks and also do what we say and then clean afterwards.

Nichkhun: so basically we just work?

Yoona: haha of course you’ll be allowed to join in on our girly night.

Seohyun: I mean we can paint your nails, give you facial and maybe pluck your eyebrows.

Yonghwa: whoa if that’s the case then I don’t want to come. Me and khun will have our own sleepover.

Nichkhun: hell no. come on man let’s go. I mean when will you get a chance to witness girl’s sleepover again? I mean haven’t you always wandered what girls do at sleepovers.

Yonghwa: hmm you are right. Fine we’ll take it but no make up or nail polishes. But maybe facial is alright (the girls laugh while Nichkhun just gives him an awkward smile).

At the bar:

Doojoon is lost in his own thought while the rest three are just chatting and drinking.

Key: yo Doojoon?

Doojoon: huh? What?

Key: what are you thinking about?

Jessica: you seem lost? Is something bothering you?

Doojoon: it’s nothing

Key: is it because of what she said?

Yuri: who said what?

Doojoon: nothing.

Yuri: key who said what?

Key: it was that-

Doojoon: yah key I told you not to say anything.

Jessica: yah Doojoon what are you hiding?

Doojoon: nothing okay? Just leave it. I swear to god this is getting annoying. I’m leaving you guys can stay here if you want.

Key: come on man stay.

Doojoon: no look I want to get out of here and go home okay. Just let me be on own today (starts heading towards the door) I’ll see you guys tomorrow.

Jessica: key what’s going on? Are you going to tell us or not?

Key: sorry I can’t say a word he’ll kill me.

Yuri: we won’t tell him.

Key: you might not but he’ll find out sooner or later and I’ll be in trouble and I don’t want to get on the wrong side of Doojoon.

Yuri: I wonder what’s bothering him so much.

Key: me too.

Outside the café (as they start to leave to go home):

Nichkhun: are you sure you don’t want me to walk you home?

Yoona: (laughs) no it’s okay. My house is not that far. I’ll go by myself.

Nicole: come on yoona let him take you home. I’ll go with yonghwa and Seohyun.

Yoona: its okay guys. Besides Nichkhun will have to go back and forth so I don’t want to trouble him.

Yonghwa: yah yoona just let him take you okay. I mean it’s not safe for a girl to walk on her own you know.

Yoona: it’s day light and besides who will want to come after me.

Nichkhun: (laughs) that’s it I’ve made up my mind. I’m walking you home and if you refuse I’m going to follow you anyway.

Seohyun: he’s going to be your own personal stalker.

Nicole: (laughs) haha that’s right (gives yoona a little wink).

Yoona: fine then but you can’t complain okay?

Nichkhun: deal.

Nicole: alright we’ll see you two tomorrow.

Yoona: bye guys.

Seohyun: bye.

Nicole: bye. Take care of yoona okay.

Nichkhun: okay bye.

Yonghwa: see you man.

Yoona: let’s head to my house I guess.

Nichkhun: this is exciting. So I’m being a gentlemen and that means you will have to invite me inside you house for a coffee right?

Yoona: it depends how I feel when we get to my house (laughs).

Nichkhun: cheeky (gives her a smile).

As they walk along the road talking about their life and what’s their most memorable moment yoona tells Nichkhun the short-cut they can take. They take that road only to find the person that they hate walking towards them. Nichkhun pulls yoona to his left side like he’s protecting her or something and yoona just holds on to his arm and looks down. Doojoon stops in his track as he sees those two together and gets worked up. He clutches his fists wanting to swing a punch at Nichkhun but seeing how scared yoona looks he just lets it go. As Doojoon starts to walk past them he and Nichkhun glare at each other. Doojoon starts to walk away again but manages to catch yoona’s eye just as she looks up. And the look in her eyes shows just how much she despises him and that bothers him even more. Yoona pulls Nichkhun by his arm and starts to quickly walk away. The rest of their walk to her house is in silent as neither yoona nor Nichkhun spoke. They stopped just outside this 2 storey house which was painted in white/cream colour.

Nichkhun: wow so this is where you live?

Yoona: pretty much.

Nichkhun: so how come you’re parents allowed you to stay here by yourself?

Yoona: oh they said they trusted me and beside I didn’t really want to go to states and well Nicole’s mom and dad promised my parents to look out for me.

Nichkhun: so cool. Man I would give anything to live by myself.

Yoona: well its not fun living by your self. It gets boring at times and there is no one to talk to.

Nichkhun: yeah I guess so. Anyways have you made your mind up?

Yoona: about what?

Nichkhun: about letting me see the inside if your house.

Yoona: oh yeah. Fine you can come in.

Nichkhun has his mouth wide open as he looks around the house. The interior design is so modern and everything just blends in together. And the house is clean and everything is in its place. Yoona tells him to follow her to the kitchen.

Nichkhun: this place is so cool. Just wait till yonghwa comes here. He’ll practically beg you to let him live here.

Yoona: (laughs) hmm I’ll have to think about it then (gives him soda).

Nichkhun: what about me? Would you let me live here?

Yoona: hmm maybe.

Nichkhun: what do you mean maybe? Come on I can live here and sort of become like your bodyguard. I can protect you when we walk to school and on our way back and you won’t be lonely.

Yoona: ohh I could use a body guard (laughs).

Nichkhun: that’s a yes then.

Yoona: yes it’s a yes.

They both laugh and look at each other and then there is a moment of silence as they are both blushing.

Nichkhun: so can I have your number?

Yoona: okay. Its 07********. What about yours?

Nichkhun: thanks. Its 074********. Anyways I better go home. I’ll see you tomorrow okay.

Yoona: bye. Oh and thanks for today.

Nichkhun: you’re welcome. See you.

Yoona: see you.

As yoona shuts her door she does this little happy dance while Nichkhun who is walking away from the house starts to hum while grinning widely. And for the first time in her life she looks forward to going to school for something else rather than to study. However she just wishes she didn’t have to see Doojoon because it would be so much better without him. But she stops her little happy dance and curses at herself for thinking about him and goes to eat something.