first day back

Past and Present

Unlike other kids her age she was totally different. Kids would moan at the amount of homework they get but she would get excited like she’d won something. Kids would lazily get out of the bed in the morning whereas her she would get up early and get ready happily like it was her birthday or something. In class no one would put their hands up to answers questions where as her hand would be the first one to go up. She always came first in her class and whole school. She was good at everything she did almost to the point where girls in her class would avoid her. She was like that she wasn’t like anyone else. Most of the time was in her own little world not caring about what’s going on around her. She was happy as long as she wasn’t involved. But when people annoyed her she would get angry very quickly and wouldn’t be scared to fir back. This was Im Yoona the shy class nerd.

 

People would avoid his gaze and would shuffle away and move out of his way when he walked by. Nobody would dare to challenge him because if they do then they might as well transfer to another school because when you made him angry he would make your life living hell. Even the teachers were all a bit scared of him. School to him was like his kingdom. He could do whatever he wanted and people would say nothing to him in fact people would so things for him. Everyday it was the same he would get in fights would make fun of the geeks and would always have girls around him all the time. But even people would be baffled by him when it came to studies. He was so lazy you wouldn’t think he would do well but to everyone’s surprise he does. This was Yoon Doojoon the school bad boy.

 

 

It was the start of new school term after the summer holidays. Kids all over Seoul were groaning and waking up lazily while yoona was happy form the moment she got up. She freshened up, got all her school stuff ready and made breakfast. She lived alone because her parents were in states and they wanted her to go with them but she wanted to stay so they let her because they trusted her. She finished breakfast and sat down to watch TV and wait for her best friend Nicole to come pick her up so they could walk to school. As she was flicking through channels listening to news and stuff all of them were talking about school starting. Yoona thought to her self “please god make this year unforgettable one. Make it nicer for me”. Just then somebody walked in the front door and called out her name “YOONA”.

 

Yoona: yah Nicole you don’t have to shout you know.

Nicole: why? Is somebody else here? Yeah im yoona have you got a boy here?

Yoona: don’t be stupid. No one’s here. It’s just that your voice is so loud you’ll wake up the whole neighbourhood.

Nicole: so? I don’t care. Anyways you ready to go?

Yoona: yeah.

Nicole: so let’s go. By the way I still can’t believe you live alone (walking out of the door).

Yoona: It gets lonely some times (locking the front door).

Nicole: then let me come stay with you.

Yoona: in your dreams. Your parents won’t let you.

Nicole: true. They’re so over protective. Just this morning they sat me down and were going on and on about studies. It gets so boring that my mind just wanders off.

Yoona: (laughs) so do you think this year will be anything like last year?

Nicole: I hope not. Let’s just hope we get to have more fun.

Yoona: me too. I hope I can top the class this year as well.

Nicole: you are so weird. Here I am talking about having fun and you’re talking about topping the class again.

Yoona: sorry. Its just I so want to top and get into good university you know.

Nicole: trust me you will.

Yoona: thanks.

 

They talk some more as they get to their school and get into their respective class. They are just chatting when suddenly a boy bursts into the classroom panting and announces to whole class about the fight that started in the school football ground. All of them get excited and run to where its happening while yoona just rolls her eyes and looks at Nicole who’s got that “please lets go watch” look on her face.

 

Yoona: you can go you know.

Nicole: come with me yoona.

Yoona: I don’t want to see bunch of stupid people fighting. You go.

Nicole: are you sure?

Yoona: yeah.

Nicole: thanks.

 

Nicole runs out of the room along with other kids chatting to them all excitedly. Yoona is just amazed at how Nicole can just talk to people easily whereas she finds it hard to chat frankly. She goes over to the window and looks at the fight that’s happening. She can’t see much because people are blocking her view and she pulls away after a while. She knows who’s fighting because it’s always the same person who starts it. She doesn’t know why he does what he does but why should she care its not like he even realises her existence. She’s known him since young age because they’ve always been in same school and in same home room but hadn’t even spoken to each other. They were always busy with their own stuff.  She is just lost in her own little world when someone speaks to her.

 

Boy: oi you?

Yoona: (glares at him) I’ve got a name you know.

Boy: so? I don’t care. Where’s everyone?

Yoona: you should know.

Boy: what are you on about you weirdo?

Yoona: get lost.

Boy: yah I asked you nicely. What’s your problem?

Yoona: god key. They are all outside in the football ground watching your stupid friend beating some innocent guy.

Key: (as soon as he hears that he starts running towards the football ground) arghh Jesus Doojoon School hasn’t even started yet.

Yoona: stupid boys and their fights.

 

She goes to the window and watches as key pushes past the people surrounding the fight and manages to pull Doojoon away. Doojoon tries to go back and hit him again when key drags him away and into the building. The guys who he beat up is lying there on the ground and nobody is helping him when keys turn around and yells at somebody to take him to the nurses room. Hearing key say that some kids manage to carry the guy and take him to the nurse’s room. Yoona scoffs as she watches it thinking why boys do that When Nicole walks in.

Nicole: yah yoona where you watching it?

Yoona: yeah a little bit. God it’s always the same with him. I bet you he’ll be beating somebody else by the end.

Nicole: I guess. But hey what can you do right? Still it’s a good thing key came in when he did because if he had been a little late don’t know what would have happened to the poor guy.

Yoona: he’s no different. He’s just as arrogant as Doojoon.

Nicole: what do you mean?

Yoona: before he broke up the fight he came into the class and talked to me very rudely the basterd.

Nicole: oh my god you talked to key.

Yoona: yeah its not big deal.

Nicole: what do you mean no big deal? He’s so hot. I would do anything to talk to him.

Yoona: Nicole why don’t you? I mean you’re pretty good at talking to people. I’m sure you’ll charm him like you charm everyone else.

Nicole: don’t be daft. My legs become jelly like even thinking about talking to imagine what would happen when I actually talk to him.

 

Their talk in interrupted by girls screaming and they know why because the school heartthrobs were walking towards the class. It was always the same. They would walk in and girls would surround them and ask them out for dates without feeling scared. You see they were popular but they were nothing like Doojoon and key even though they were enemies. They were much nicer to people and wouldn’t get into fights as much. And the surprising thing was they would sometime actually talk to yoona even though it wasn’t a long talk just few words here and there. Yoona watched as they walked in and sat in their usual seat which was two seats away from where yoona sat. In yoona’s view Nichkhun and YongHwa were like saints compared to those Satan’s in the name of Doojoon and key.

 

Nicole: (whispers) yah yoona stop staring.

Yoona: huh? What?

Nicole: you’re staring at him again.

Yoona: was I? Oh crap. Did he see?

Nicole: no. anyway if you like him just go and talk to him.

Yoona: he barley talks to me Nicole how do you expect me to go up and tell him I like him.

Nicole: its easy just say hey you Nichkhun go out me.

Yoona: (laughs) if only it was that easy. And what makes you think its Nichkhun and not yonghwa.

Nicole: please it’s Nichkhun I’ve seen the way you look at him.

Yoona: (groans) do I make it that obvious?

Nicole: sometimes when you just stare and stare at him. Im not surprised he hasn’t noticed yet.

Yoona: and he won’t ever. Promise you won’t go telling people.

Nicole: trust me I won’t.  Let’s just hope you manage to get closer to him this year rather than just staring.

Yoona: I hope so too.

Again their talk was interrupted by guys cheering and whistling. Yoona thought “great it’s them”. Just then these two pretty girls walked in. Nicole and yoona looked at each other and rolled their eyes. One was blond and had face which was like a fox (in a good way) but she was a cold person and that’s why people sometimes refer to her as the Jessica Jung the ice princess. You see not only her expression was cold but her personality was the same. The other one had much softer facial features. She had long black hair and her skin was golden making her look more than pretty. But her problem was also the same. You see she was pretty and she knew that and people would call her kwon Yuri the black pearl. Sometimes yoona would hear her ing and making fun of other people. They walked in and towards yonghwa and Nichkhun ignoring yoona and Nicole.

 

Jessica: so yonghwa you want to go out after school?

Yonghwa: sorry jess but I am busy.

Yuri: how about you Nichkhun you free or not. If you are we could go somewhere private.

Nichkhun: thanks for the offer Yuri but im going out to dinner with my parents. It’s my mom’s birthday.

Jessica: so how was your summer yonghwa? What did you do?

Yonghwa: umm nothing much. Just went on a little trip to Greece with khun.

Yuri: aww that must have been fun.

Yonghwa: it was alright.

Yuri: I bet girls were throwing themselves at you?

Yonghwa: yeah.

Jessica: so Nichkhun did you enjoy your holidays.

Nichkhun: yes. It was nice to go away somewhere to a place where you wouldn’t be bothered by people asking you questions when you want to be left alone.

Yuri: oh.

Jessica: so why are you busy yonghwa?

Yonghwa: somebody is coming over and I have taken the responsibility to show them around.

Jessica: is it a girl?

Yonghwa: yes.

Jessica: (getting jealous) who is she?

Yonghwa: you’ll see her tomorrow. She’s going to be a student here.

Jessica: (evil smirk on her face) well then I’ll make sure she is welcomed here with open arms.

Just watching Jessica and Yuri made yoona feel disgusted at the girls. They were being so desperate and yoona just wanted to laugh because she could see that they were annoying the boys who just wanted them to go away. School hadn’t even started yet and already yoona was already looking forward to the school ending. Just when she was thinking her day couldn’t start off worse Doojoon and key walked in. but before they could go to their seat which was way in the back they glanced that Nichkhun and yonghwa and turned away and went to their seat. Doojoon had some cuts in his face but it wasn’t too serious. Seeing them Yuri and Jessica just flocked towards them and made a big fuss about them ignoring Nichkhun and yonghwa. Yoona couldn’t believe how the girls can do that. One minute they’re all over different guys the next minute they’ve moved onto someone else. Just then the bell rang and school started and began the longest day in yoona’s life. She would normally look forward to starting school but today all she did was look at the clock and wished for the time to pass quickly.

**********************************************************************************************************************

sorry guys this is a long chapter. i am just putting final additions for the next chapter which will be up in 2 days. sorry :). anyway i am finding it hard to decide who the girl yonghwa is talking about should be so if you guys could give me some sugesstions i would be greatful thank you :).