Coming out

Past and Present

So at breakfast yoona and Nichkhun sat opposite each other not saying a word or looking up. They were both shoving food into their mouths as if the world was going to end soon or some thing. Yonghwa noticed their unusual behaviour and was curios to find out what was going on. 

yonghwa: yah you two why are you eating so fast?

Yoona: huh?

Nichkhun: we are?

Yonghwa: what do you mean we are? It’s your mouth so you should know.

Yoona: oh sorry.

Yonghwa: what going on.

Yoona+Nichkhun: nothing.

Nicole: hmmm. So what are we doing after breakfast?

Doojoon: go out I guess.

Nicole: ohh. Where?

Doojoon: dunno.

Seohyun: how about picnic in the park?

Yonghwa: might as well since it looks like we have nothing else to do.

Key: yay I am up for it.

Yoona: me too.

Nichkhun: fine by me.

Key: picnic it is then. So who’s going to prepare the food?

All of the say no at once and start arguing about who should make it. They all give valid enough reason to why they shouldn’t make it.

Nichkhun: I cooked breakfast so I shouldn’t do it.

Yoona: I helped him so I should be excused.

Nicole: unless you want food poisoning don’t let me cook.

Key: I like spicy stuff so if you want to spend the day with your mouth burning I’ll be happy to cook.

Seohyun: I wouldn’t mind but if I cook it might be just sweet potatoes.

Yonghwa: well I can’t cook to save life. Last time I tried I nearly burned down the house. So yoona if you don’t want to lose your house better not let me be in the kitchen by myself.

Yoona: hmm good point so I guess that leaves us with you Doojoon.

Doojoon: I don’t want to.

Nichkhun: give us one reason.

Doojoon: I have never cooked.

Nicole: what? Not even once.

Key: if you call making pot noodles cooking then maybe he has.

Doojoon: shut up key.

Seohyun: so how do you eat?

Doojoon: mostly at key’s or take away.

Yonghwa: dude. So what are we going to do then?

Key: I have an idea.

Nicole: what?

Key: I vote for Nichkhun and yoona.

Nichkhun+yoona: why?

Key: since you guys did an amazing job at cooking breakfast I think you should prepare for picnic.

Yoona: but-

Doojoon: I vote for them as well.

ALL: us too.

Nichkhun: fine. I guess it’s us again.

Yoona: yeah.

As they all left the kitchen both of them were standing there without saying a word. It was like as if they had never spoken to each other when suddenly Nichkhun took few steps towards yoona and turned her around to face him.

Nichkhun: you know what you said earlier?

Yoona: yes.

Nichkhun: I...Umm...i like you too.

Yoona: okay.

Nichkhun: so does this mean we’re boyfriend and girlfriend now?

Yoona: I guess so.

Nichkhun: when do we tell the guys?

Yoona: I don’t know. What do you think?

Nichkhun: I want to let the whole world know that you’re my girl.

Yoona: (laughs) so I guess that means pretty soon then.

Nichkhun: today at the picnic and tomorrow we walk in hand in hand to school.

Yoona: you sure about that?

Nichkhun: of course.

Yoona: boy the girls at school won’t be happy.

Nichkhun: doesn’t matter I have you now so I don’t really give a crap what they do.

Yoona: okay. I guess we should get started on the food then.

Nichkhun: not before we do one thing.

Yoona: what is that then?

Nichkhun: (leans closer to her) how about a kiss?

Yoona: not so fast mister.

Nichkhun: hey I am your boyfriend and I have the right to kiss my girl.

Yoona: not until they know.

Nichkhun: fine.

They finish making the food and everybody gets ready to. They are walking to the place since its closer to her house. As they walk along they talk about their project and how it’ll turn out. While everybody is happy Doojoon can’t seem to take his eye of the couple walking ahead of him. Every time she’s laughing he wants to be the one who made her laugh not the skinny boy beside her. With every step she takes with him he imagines the skinny boy’s leg breaking so he could walk beside her. All these feelings he has now he didn’t have it before but there is nothing he can do now. It’s too late for him to do anything as he has missed the chance because he was too slow to realise his feelings.

Yoona: guys we are here.

Seohyun: wow it’s so pretty.

Nicole: I know. Me and yoona come here often when we are bored.

Key: hmm it seems peace- what the hell?

Doojoon: what is it?

Key: what’s that? (Points towards the scene he saw behind the bushes). Ewwww gross lets go find another spot.

Yonghwa: (he sees what key was pointing towards  and before Seohyun could figure it out he puts his hands over her eyes and drags her away) lets go. Let’s go.

Seohyun: but I don’t know what he saw. Can I look?

Yonghwa: no. lets go.

Nicole: yah key move out of the way let me see.

Key: (he also does the same as yonghwa) get away Nicole. (He drags her away by hand and to other people it looks like as if he is kidnapping her).

Doojoon: (he also shields yoona’s (as well as Nichkhun’s) view) yah yoona you can’t see. Let’s go to another spot.

Yoona: no let me see.

Doojoon: (pushes her back) no. you’re too innocent to see things like that.

Yoona: but-

Doojoon: I said no. (Before yoona can say anything else he drags her away).

Nichkhun is stood there no liking what Doojoon is doing and wants to go after them but he looks towards what key was pointing at and is horrified at what he sees. Behind the bushes are two couple just going at it and not caring that people can see them Nichkhun just yells without thinking.

Nichkhun: yah you gross people get a room. There are people here you idiots. You guys should be ash-

Before Nichkhun looks like a crazy man yelling at the bushes Doojoon arrives and drags him away as well and bring him to another peaceful place they found.

Yoona: thanks Doojoon for dragging him away. My god he looked like an idiot yelling like that.

Nichkhun: whatever besides if I look like an idiot you’ll have to look like an idiot as well.

Seohyun: umm why?

Yoona: umm...i guess we’ll tell them.

Nichkhun: well you can do it.

Yoona: no you do it.

Nichkhun: but-

Key: Jesus get on with it already.

Nichkhun: fine. Okay guys well you see me and yoona...Well…we...Umm...You see what happened was that-

Yoona: my god. At this pace it’ll take you months to say it so I’ll go and say. Me and him we are dating.

Nicole: (spits the food out from ) WHAT?

Key: that’s disgusting. Not you two dating but her the food spitter.

Nicole: (to key) shut up face. Omg you two why didn’t you tell us earlier?

Yoona: I don’t know.

Doojoon: I saw this coming already but im not surprised (I just it was me instead of him).

Yonghwa: well congratulations.

Seohyun: you two look so good together. You’re going to have such good looking babies. Aww you’ll so beautiful in a white wedding dress.

Nichkhun: yah it hasn’t even been more than a day and you’re already planning our future. Let’s just take one step at a time.

Doojoon: so you’re unsure about your future with her (if it was me I’d never doubt it not even once).

Nichkhun: I didn’t say that I just said let’s see what happens.

Doojoon: whatever.

Yoona: guys come one let’s eat now.

They spent rest of the day just talking and laughing and later they take a walk all around the park avoiding the bush area where the two couples were earlier although key wanted to go back and would keep going on and on about it. it was when Nicole kicked him and yelled at him that he shut his mouth. Soon enough it was time for them to part ways. Yonghwa and Seohyun went one way, Nichkhun was going to walk yoona home but yoona told him to go since it will take longer for him to get home if he walked her back. Nichkhun argues for a while but doesn’t win so he gives her a hug and a quick kiss on the cheeks and goes waving her goodbye. So the rest four start walking back towards her house but key and Nicole walk in other direction towards Nicole’s house as he says he wants to see if her house is smaller than his. To prove him wrong she takes him to her house. This leaves yoona and Doojoon who seem really awkward with each other. As they arrive in front of her house he speaks up.

Doojoon: so you and Nichkhun huh?

Yoona: yep me and him.

Doojoon: I am happy for you, you know.

Yoona: thank you.

Doojoon: umm yeah. So I guess I’ll be going then.

Yoona: thanks for walking me home. So how far is your house from here? Would it have been much shorter distance if you had gone home from the park?

Doojoon: Nah. Its much shorter distance from here (actually it’ll take me about 45 minutes to walk from here but I don’t mind if it means I’ll get to spend time with you).

Yoona: oh okay so I guess I’ll see you tomorrow.

Doojoon: yep. Bye then.

Yoona: bye.

Doojoon walks away from her house and with each step he takes his heart feels heavy knowing he’s walking away from the girl who could’ve possibly made him happy or even the girl who could’ve have been his soul mate.