working together

Past and Present

Yonghwa: yah what happened yesterday?

Nichkhun: (sitting down in his seat) nothing there was something I needed to take care of.

Yonghwa: oh ok I thought that Doojoon did something.

Nichkhun: nah he couldn’t touch me if he wanted to. By the way did he cause any trouble yesterday?

Yonghwa: if you mean if he troubled yoona then no. in fact he was all smiling and being happy for some reason. It was weird seeing him like that.

Nichkhun: I see.

Yonghwa: why do you care anyway?

Nichkhun: because she’s a friend now and I am supposed to care for a friend right?

Yonghwa: true but don’t get me wrong it seems as if though you think of her as more than a friend.

Nichkhun: (blushing) no I don’t.

Yonghwa: don’t lie. Your face is going red. Just be honest dude if you like her then you like her. There is no harm in it.

Nichkhun: yeah but what if she doesn’t feel the same way?

Yonghwa: it’s too soon to tell if she likes you I mean you’ve been friends with her for only couple of days. Give it time man. If you’re meant to be together then you’ll be together.

Nichkhun: god why are you acting like a love guru? Have you finally admitted to Seohyun how you feel?

YongHwa: (blushing) no.

Nichkhun: now who’s blushing? Hehe so when do you plan on telling her?

Yonghwa: umm soon. I just have to find a perfect moment. Shhh here they come (pointing towards yoona, Nicole and Seohyun who just came in the class)

Yoona: morning you two. What were you talking about?

Yonghwa: nothing. Just guys stuff.

Yoona: ohh I see. By the way nickh- (she was interrupted by Jessica and Yuri) yah im talking.

Yuri: (ignoring yoona) Nichkhun and yonghwa I would like to invite you guys to a party at my house on Friday night. So will you accept it?

Nichkhun: umm I don’t know. I’m busy.

Yonghwa: me too.

Jessica: oh come on. Everybody is going. Please come.

Nicole: they can’t.

Jessica: who are you to say they can’t come and why can’t they?

Nicole: (gives the boys a wink) well because you see five of us are hanging out together that day.

Yuri: what?

Nicole: you heard us we’re going to have a nice outing.

Yuri: but I already told people you were coming.

YongHwa: should’ve asked us.

Jessica: oh please come. You can bring these nerds as well if you want.

Seohyun: we wouldn’t come anyway even if you begged us.

Jessica: trust me babes I wouldn’t do that even if the world was coming to an end.

Nichkhun: you guys go away and I’ll think about it.

Yuri: (getting pissed) fine.

Seohyun: thank god they went. By the way we don’t really have to go to that party right?

Yonghwa: of course not. We’re having a sleepover remember?

Seohyun: of course.

 

As they are talking key and Doojoon walk in and Yuri and Jessica rush towards them giving them their invitation to the party. They take it and as they go and sit down on their seat Doojoon glances at yoona and gives her wink. Yoona quickly looks away and looks around to see anybody saw that but lucky for her nobody did. The teacher walks in and everybody goes quiet.

 

Teacher: alright since you guys are already settled down let me start the class. So since you have partners for your project already I just want to say you will start doing your project next Monday. And today is going to be a very relaxing day as I want you guys to spend the rest of the day in your pairs.

Key: but-

Teacher: I knew you were going to protest but you have to do this since you will be spending lots of time with your partners.

Key: what I was going to say was that can we hang out with other people who are in pairs?

Teacher: I see why not. Just make sure you don’t cause any trouble.

Key: oh trust me you won’t.

Doojoon: (to key) yah what are you doing?

Key: nothing.

Doojoon: whatever is it that you’re planning it better not involve me.

Key: (looking at yoona) trust me mate this time you’re not involved.

 

At break:

 

Yoona: so Nicole how was your day with key?

Nicole: at first he annoyed me but then what do you know we actually got on and I think we’re on good terms but who knows. What about you two? What happened with Doojoon?

Nichkhun: nothing. It was perfectly fine.

Yoona: yeah nothing to be worried about. He didn’t do anything funny and we got on well.

Yonghwa: why are you talking fast? It’s like you’re trying to hide something.

Nichkhun: leave it. We’re not hiding anything.

Yoona: yeah.

Seohyun: (trying to change the conversation) so tomorrow before we start the sleepover should we go somewhere Like to watch a movie or something?

Yoona: good idea. But I don’t know what’s on at the cinemas?

Nicole: who cares? We’ll go and watch whatever’s on.

Nichkhun: okay. But you girls pay since we’re basically paying for the sleepover stuff.

Seohyun: hey that’s not fair. Yoona is letting you guys sleep in her house and now you’re saying we have to pay.

Yonghwa: but-

Yoona: true. Anyway a gentleman always pays when they’re taking a lady out.

Nichkhun: but yoona-

Yoona: khun you have to pay otherwise you guys can sleep in the shed.

Nichkhun: oi don’t be so cheeky. (Laughs) fine we will pay.

Yonghwa: dude why are you agreeing? Try and compromise.

Nichkhun: relax. The price of the movie will be fairly cheap and besides they’re girls so they’ll share food in the cinema and it won’t cost much.

Nicole: (laughs) only if you knew.

Seohyun: know what? (Nicole wishers in her ears) ohh this should be fun.

Yonghwa: what?

Nicole: you’ll find out tomorrow. (Then suddenly key appears out of nowhere). What do you want?

Key: hey I though we were on good terms.

Nicole: we are. So how can I help you?

Key: well let’s go.

Nicole: go where?

Key: to do this partner thing.

Nicole: but the break is going to finish soon.

Key: fine then. You can come sit by me and Doojoon can sit here. That way we’ll all be sitting in our pairs.

Nicole: hmm. Yoona is that okay?

Yoona: sure. But khun is it okay with you?

Nichkhun: sure. I can’t really avoid him now can I?

Yoona: (gives him a weak smile) yeah.

 

When the break finishes Doojoon sits where Nicole sits and just doesn’t say anything as the atmosphere becomes weird. On one hand yoona is glad that Doojoon is sitting by her on the other hand she knows that it’s bothering Nichkhun and that’s also worrying her. As the day goes on they have a little talk but not much because they really don’t know what to talk about. Yonghwa and Seohyun are talking freely among themselves but are aware that yoona, Nichkhun and Doojoon are finding talking very awkward.

 

Key: god they’re acting weird aren’t they?

Nicole: yep.

Key: I bet something happened.

Nicole: don’t be stupid. Yoona would’ve told me if anything had happened.

Key: hey no offence but can I ask you something? It’s been bothering me ever since you mentioned it.

Nicole: what is it?

Key: who’s park jaebom?

Nicole: (quickly) sorry but I can’t tell you about him.

Key: why not?

Nicole: because he’s closer to yoona and if you want to know about him go ask her. But I’m sorry I can’t tell you and don’t ask me again.

Key: okay.

 

Doojoon: so...umm are you guys going to the party tomorrow?

Nichkhun: nope.

Doojoon: what? I thought you’d be invited.

Nichkhun: I did but I have something important to do (smiles at yoona and she smiles back).

Doojoon: what about you yoona?

Yoona: she didn’t invite me. We’re not friends.

Doojoon: shame. It would’ve been fun.

Yoona: okay so anyways when’s your birthday?

Doojoon: next Friday.

Yoona: omo that’s soon. Are you doing anything special?

Doojoon: nope. I guess just going out with key and some other people.

Nichkhun: oh well have fun.

Doojoon: thanks.

Yonghwa: (to Seohyun in a low voice) god watching this is weird.

Seohyun: why can’t they talk about something more interesting?

Yonghwa: I know.

Nichkhun: so Doojoon –

Teacher: alright stop talking and let’s get started.

 

The day drags for ages as the student begin to lose concentration and it looked liked as if the teacher was beginning to get bored as well. After what seemed like ages the bell rang for lunch and the teacher was the first one to get out of the room. Everybody headed in pairs except Jessica, Yuri, Nichkhun, Doojoon, yoona, yonghwa, key, Seohyun and Nicole who stayed behind.

 

Jessica: key you joining us for lunch?

Key: no thanks.

Yuri: but why?

Key: because today I am having lunch with my partner Nicole.

Nicole: yah you when di-

Key: ignore her. It was her idea to have lunch together and these people are joining us as well.

Yuri: so you’re choosing them over us?

Doojoon: so what. It’s not a big deal. It’s just lunch.

Jessica: (walking away) whatever like we care. Come on Yuri we’ll just go sit with other guys.

Yuri: fine have it your way key.

Nicole: (hitting key) when did I make a plan to have lunch with you?

Key: yah just chill. Its boring having lunch with them all they talk about is make up and boys.

Nicole: you’re so annoying.

Key: so are you.

Nicole: shut up.

Key: you shut up.

Doojoon: both of you shut up. Are we going to have lunch or what?

Nichkhun: I am hungry so stop fighting and let’s go eat.

Seohyun: is there a microwave in the cafeteria?

Doojoon: why?

Seohyun: well I bought 5 sweet potatoes for us to share but since you two are joining us I guess we can share it with you as well. But I need to heat it first that’s why.

Yoona: umm nope there isn’t one. The lunch lady is mean so I doubt it she’ll let you warm it up because she’ll yell at you for bringing food in when there is food in school. She will go on and on and on about how school is paying to bring you nice food and all that stuff.

Seohyun: aww man.

Yonghwa: don’t worry we’ll have it later after school.

Seohyun: okay.

Nicole: yeah we can go to yoona’s place and have it.

Key: hang on. Do you want to eat it now?

Seohyun: yeah kind of but its okay. I’ll wait.

Key: Doojoon please do it.

Doojoon: no.

Nichkhun: do what?

Key: come on man I want to eat it as well.

Doojoon: no means no.

Yonghwa: what is it?

Key: well you see our Doojoon has many girls falling at his feet and let’s just say the lunch lady is one of them. (Everybody ends up laughing).

Nichkhun: (still laughing) then that’s perfect. Come on man do it. Look I’ll be your back up and I’ll interfere if she tries to you know do things to you.

Doojoon: it’s not funny and no.

Nicole: come on. I’m getting hungry.

Seohyun: please do it for me. Look I’ll bring you more food tomorrow.

Yoona: everybody wants you to ask the lunch lady and I want you too as well so please do it. Look Nichkhun is coming with you and we won’t be that far we’ll be sitting outside. Please (looks at him with those big cute eyes of hers).

Doojoon: (sighs) fine but I swear to god if you don’t help me when she attacks me I’ll kill you.

Nichkhun: promise.

Doojoon: fine. Let’s go (both of them make their way out together with Doojoon looking sort of scared and with Nichkhun trying to hold his laughter in).

Yonghwa: we should probably go.

Seohyun: yep.

Key: you guys go ahead. I’ve got something to do.

Nicole: okay. (Everybody heads out but before yoona has a chance key grabs her wrists)

Yoona: yah what are you doing?

Key: sorry look I have to ask you something.

Yoona: couldn’t you have done it earlier.

Key: no it’s private.

Yoona: oh okay what is it?

Key: who is park jaebom?

Yoona: (looking hesitant) where did you learn that name? And why do you want to know about him?

Key: its just I’ve heard that name before and I can’t remember where and I got curious and when I do I won’t rest until I find out. So tell me who is he?

Yoona: i..umm. he-

Nicole: (interrupts them) oi are you two coming or what?

Yoona: sorry we’re coming now.

Nicole: well hurry up.

Yoona: (whispers to key) look I know you’re curious so I’ll tell you about him some other time. But you have to promise not to tell anyone.

Key: promise.

Yoona: okay.

 

HEY GUYS SO SORRY FOR UPDATING LATE. I HAVE BEEN SO BUSY THAT I DON’T EVEN HAVE TIME TO RELAX. I’VE BEEN BUSY WITH STUDY AND I DID NOT HAVE INTERNET FOR FEW DAYS. SO PLEASE FORGIVE ME. AND TODAY IS THE ONLY DAY I’VE HAD THE CHANCE TO ACTUALLY SIT DOWN AND WRITE. BUT MOST OF ALL, ALL I WANT TO SAY IS THANK YOU TO THOSE WHO STILL LOOK FORWARD TO ME UPDATING AND I PROMISE YOU I WILL UPLOAD AS MUCH AS I CAN DURING WEEKENDS AND IF I HAVE TIME I’LL TRY TO UPLOAD DURING WEEKDAYS AS WELL. THANK YOU. OH I HOPE YOU WONT FIND THIS LONG CHAPTER BORING.