Chapter 3

Unnie, Thanks for Ruining My Life

 

Eun Mi finally arrived at her sister's condo after getting her luggage. Just as she went in, dragging her luggage inside, she found her sister sitting down at the couch while reading a magazine. She didn't seem to have noticed her sister's entrance as she didn't move from her spot and just continued reading her magazine.

Eun Mi who was heck tired from her flight and a few stop overs since her luggage got carried off got annoyed as she saw her sister not bothering to move or even acknowledge her with just a greeting. She coughed and said in an annoyed tone, "Um hello? Is anyone there? I'm back and you don't seem to care."

Hyo Seun finally looked up from her magazine and spotted Eun Mi, "Yah! You were supposed to arrive three hours ago! How come you got here so late?"

"Wow, is that how Koreans greet people nowadays?" Eun Mi asked as she rolled her eyes.

"Do you want me to say 'hello, how've you been' and hug you when I'm worried sick that something might have happened to you?" Hyo Seun finally stood up from the couch and went to her.

"Worried, yeah right. Since when did you even care about me? You didn't even bothered giving me a call." Eun Mi said.

"I was busy, I just got home from work." She said. "Why were you so late?"

"Some ahjusshi took my luggage and thought it was theirs so I needed to go to the police station and then go to the ahjusshi's place to retrieve my bag." Eun Mi said in a flat tone since she was already dead tired and she didn't want anymore questions.

"Police station? What were you doing there? Did you get into some kind of trouble?" Hyo Seun asked. "I told you not to make any trouble once you get back here."

"Can you please just skip with the questions, you sound so like mom. Oh wait, no, our mom didn't really care about me and now she's gone."

"Park Eun-"

"Which one is my room unnie? I'm really tired, can't we just talk tomorrow?" She cut her sister off since she didn't want the whole lecture of not talking bad about your own parents and such. All she wanted to do right now was throw herself into the bed and have a good night sleep.

Hyo Seun gave up and just showed Eun Mi her room. She didn't want to push Eun Mi any further with more questions since she felt that her sister wasn't in the mood to talk with her right now and they just might end up fighting on their very first night together.

Eun Mi entered the room, it was big enough for one person and the room was really accommodating and comfortable to look at but she groaned as soon as she saw the bed. It was covered with pink and floral patterns that it gave Eun Mi a headache but she didn't want to ask her sister to change the sheets since that would take a lot of time and she was already really tired.

She parked her luggage beside the door and placed her backpack down at the chair, she removed her shoes and socks and was about to go to bed when she saw her sister standing by the doorway.

"Need anything else?" Her sister asked.

"I'm fine, I just need some sleep that's all." She replied.

"Alright, if you need anything, my room is just next to yours." Hyo Seun said and closed the door.

 

Eun Mi didn't know how long she had been sleeping but she had a feeling that she have stayed in bed for more than 10 hours already. She wanted to get up but her body wouldn't allow her. It's as if her body was already glued to the bed for lying down for so long. She groaned and just decided to roll her way out of the bed and made herself came crashing down on the floor. She pushed her hair away from her face and rubbed her eyes, she was still groggy and had no energy to get up from the floor. She crawled her way to the chair, where her backpack was located and reached for it. She rummaged through her backpack to fish out for her phone, she checked the time and it was already twelve noon.

"Oh my god. I've slept for more than 12 hours." She said and rubbed her temples.

She quickly stood up, making her hit her foot on the edge of the table. "Ouch." She expressed as she hissed in pain and rubbed her toe.

She went out of her room and peeked outside, the living room was empty and so was the dinning room. She knocked on her sister's door but there was no reply, she opened the door and it was also empty.

"Don't tell me she left me alone?" She said.

Eun Mi went to the kitchen to check if her sister left some food for her to eat and thankfully she did. It was her favorite bacon and cheese sandwich, she ate in one go and saw a tiny post it by the plate.

 

I left already cause I have work, I didn't bother waking you cause you looked so tired.

Call me when you see this note.

-Hyo Seun

 

She went into her room as soon as she finished eating and lied down on the bed as she dialled her sister's number.

"Hello?" The other line picked up.

"I called you cause you said I should, so yeah." Eun Mi replied flatly.

"Wait, did you by chance just woke up now??" She asked, her pitch suddenly rising.

"Um, what if I tell you that I just got up...?"

She heard her sister sighed on the other line and finally said, "I'm currently in work, oh and I have something to give you so do drop by. Right now."

"Alright, I'll go there as soon as I finished washing up right now." Eun Mi said. "Oh and where's your work again?"

"I'll send you a message in a little while cause I have some important stuff to do rigth now. Bye." She said as quickly as possible and hung up.

"Wow. She just hung up on me. Just like that." Eun Mi scoffed in disbelief and throw her phone to her side and got up to wash up. She went to her luggage and remembered what happened yesterday. She remembered how handsome and cute those two boys look, she was hoping that she'd get to see them again but then again, she didn't want to since what happened by the elevator was pretty embarrassing.

She opened her luggage and opened the closet to check if her sister placed some of her old stuff there but it was empty. "I'm guessing it's all in the old house or it has been thrown out already."

She looked at her luggage and thought of what kind of style and outfit she should wear, she decided to go for her popular comfy outfit, it's not like she had any other choice besides that. She didn't have any girly girl clothes or pink shirts in her luggage, it was more of on the color of black, white, red, and blue.

She chose one of her plain fit white shirt, jeans and decided to match it with a red plaid shirt and a pair of her Disney Vans sneakers. She tied the plaid shirt around her waist as she looked at herself in the mirror. She decided to tie her hair into a high ponytail and grabbed her mini shoulder bag from the luggage. She placed her phone, wallet and earphones inside along with her must have item, which is an alcogel.

She went out of the condo and hailed a cab, she looked at her phone again to double check the place and told the driver. She then wondered as to why would her sister work in a stadium or why would she be in a stadium at the very moment.

She finally arrived at the place where her sister had asked her to go, there were a lot of teenagers lining up to enter the stadium.

"Is there some kind of event going on today?" She wondered as she took out her phone and called her sister, to tell her that she finally arrived.

Her sister told her to wait for her outside the other entrance, which were for staff and personnel only. As she walked back and fort by the entrance door, waiting for her sister, she bumped into someone when she walked back. She quickly turned to bow and then apologized, the person also bowed at her and apologized. As she looked up, it was a male, he was wearing a cap and earphones was plugged into both of his ears.

Eun Mi paused for a moment, she couldn't help but get lost in her own thoughts as she stared into his eyes. It was the shade of light brown and the kind to get lost in. She noticed that the guy looked shocked, as if he saw a ghost or something.

"Umm.." He started awkwardly. "Are you going in?"

She finally snapped out of her thoughts and realized that she was blocking the way so she move out of his way. The guy entered hurriedly and the security guard by the door seems to have recognized him since he didn't do any ID check and just made him pass.

The security guard now finally turned to Eun Mi, finally noticing her standing there after the two's bump exchange earlier. "No fans allowed in here." He said in a stern voice.

There was the word again, fan, she couldn't believe that everyone mistakes her for a fan, just yesterday, she was called a sasaeng fan and now there was that word again. But before she could make any remark, her sister finally appeared. "Eun Mi!" She called out and motioned for her sister to come in.

Eun Mi stepped into the entrance and looked at the security guard, who also motioned for her to go in.

"Yah unnie, what is really your job to exact?"

"I'm a stylist for a kpop group." She said excitedly.

"Reallly? I was actually thinking that you might have ended up being a janitor cause I really have no idea why you would be in a stadium."

"HA. HA. Very funny Park Eun Mi. Very funny." Hyo Seun rolled her eyes at her sister.

"But which group? Is it a boy group by chance?" Eun Mi asked with shimmering and sparkling eyes.

"Go see for yourself." She said and handed Eun Mi a ticket.

"What's this for?"

"The group that I'm styling has a fanmeeting today, it'll start in a moment." She said. "You should go watch it, they're really cool, I bet you'll love them."

I went inside and there were already a lot of fans inside, they were carrying albums and some lightsticks with them. They rushed towards the front seats while Eun Mi made her way to the back. She turned to the girl who was sitting beside her and lightly tapped her on her shoulder.

"Um excuse me, but may I ask which group is this?" She asked and the girl turned to her with unfriendly stare. Probably thinking as to why Eun Mi would even be here when she doesn't even know which group is having a fanmeeting.

She decided not to ask any further and just wait, so she played her phone for a while and finally stopped when the lights dimmed.

A spotlight flashed the stage and a man with a 'BOOM' label on his mic was seen. "Are YOU READY?!?" He asked the fans and reached out his mic for everyone to scream.

Everyone shouted a 'yes' and started squealing when the lights dim once again.

Just then, seven attractive boys appeared with smiles plastered on their faces. "Annyeonghaseyo, Infinite imnida."

Eun Mi quickly looked up as she heard the group's name and her eyes widened when she saw the familiar faces, "Isn't that the boy group that I bump into yesterday? But I thought their group name was Inpinight?"

She remembered the whole incident yesterday and facepalmed herself. "Why does it have to be them out of all the idols here in South Korea?"