Chapter 13

Unnie, Thanks for Ruining My Life

 

Eun Mi’s POV:

“Yah! Lee Sungyeol! Where are you taking me?” I asked him for the 1oth time.

“I told you. It’s a secret! You’ll know once we get there!” He said.

I sighed and just sat down on my seat while looking out of the window of the bus.

I looked back at Sungyeol and he was smiling widely to himself, which made me chuckle at the sight. He looked back at me and gave me a weird look.

“What is it?” he asked.

“Ani, it’s nothing.” I quickly said as I shook my head.

I looked at the streets of Seoul, people were busily walking the streets. There were many couples roaming around the streets as they held hands. Then, two girls caught my attention. They were giggling at a cake displayed at the cake shop. I looked at their faces and they look like they were sisters. I suddenly remembered Hyo Seun unnie. We never really bonded together… Since, I haven’t been in Korea for almost 4 years already. I looked at them again for the last time as they walk.

“Eun Mi ah! Kaja!” Sungyeol called.

I looked at him and found him already standing, “Oh, neh.” I said and stood up as well.

Sungyeol looked at me, smiled then grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the bus. My heart started to race by his touch. I looked down at our hands and smiled.

“Before we go to the place of our date, let’s first stop by at my favorite coffee shop!” Sungyeol said excitedly.

Did he just say date again? I thought this wasn’t a date?

“But won’t people recognize you?” I asked as I looked at him.

“Don’t worry, I have a good disguise!” He said as he pointed at his cap and nerdy glasses.

“Shall we go?” He asked as he dragged me again.

I don’t think any persuading won’t work with him. By the looks of it, he’s going to do whatever he likes whether I like it or not. No choice but just to follow him around.

 

We went inside the coffee shop called Starbucks, Sungyeol asked me for my order, I told him I would want the Caramel Brulée Latte. I l glanced at a couple that were busy sharing their drink to each other. I looked at them as they took a selca together. The girl saw me looking at them and quickly glared at me. She suddenly tugged her boyfriend’s arm and acted cute. Her boyfriend then kissed her in the cheek, which made her giggle. She glared at me once again and stuck her tongue out.

How annoying. Acting all cute. It’s not like I’m going to steal her boyfriend away from her. Girls nowadays…

“What are you looking at?” Sungyeol asked and sat in front of me.

I quickly looked away and told him that it was nothing.

“You want to do one together?” he asked.

“Do what?” I asked looking confused.

“Selca! Of course!” He chuckled.

He fished out his phone from his pocket and sat next to me. He put his phone in front of us and counted, “Hana, deul, set.”

“Eyy… You’re not smiling!” He pouted. “We have to take another one!”

He sat closer to me, our faces were only millimeters apart. If I turn my head, I would surely be able to kiss him. He then readied his phone, I smiled and Sungyeol quickly put his arm around my shoulder, smiled widely as he took the photo.

He quickly put his arm down, looked at the photo and said happily, “Now, this is better!”

I rolled my eyes at him and chuckled. This chodding is just too cute for me to handle!

“Your drinks sir.” A familiar voice said. “One iced coffee and one caramel brulée latte.”

“Uh, neh.” Sungyeol said as he took the drinks from the waiter. I looked up and saw that it was he. It was Park Hyung Seok.

“Can I get you anything else?” He asked.

Why does he have lots of part time jobs? I mean, I always see him around. Doesn’t he go to school or something?

“No, we’re fine.” Sungyeol informed.

“Well, please enjoy your drinks.” Hyung Seok said as he bowed and left.

 

Sungyeol and I were walking as he held my hand. I don’t hate it but I don’t like it either. I looked at the place where Sungyeol was heading and saw that it was a park. Sungyeol then quickly walked towards the playground in the park and excitedly said, “Let’s play!”

He suddenly went towards a seesaw and sat on it while I just looked at him. He pouted and motioned me to sit down at the other end. I sighed and sat down on the other sit causing Sungyeol to go up. He suddenly jumped down causing me to scream as I hit the ground.

“Yah! Lee Sungyeol!” I said and glared at him.

He was smiling widely at me and rubbed the back of his neck.

Just then, I heard someone crying. I turned around and saw a kid crying in the swing. He was rubbing his eyes as he continues to cry. Sungyeol approached the kid and knelt beside him. I stood next to Sungyeol and looked at the kid who was crying.

I’m not good with kids…

“Kiddo, why are you crying?” Sungyeol said. The boy looked up at Sungyeol and cried a lot more.

“What’s your name?” I asked him as I bent down to his eye level.

The boy looked at me and sniffed, “My name is Leo…”

“Leo ah, why are you crying?” I asked in a soothing voice.

“I can’t find my umma…” he sobbed.

“Noona will help you find your umma, so don’t cry okay?” I said and smiled at him.

He nodded his head and sniffed. I grabbed the handkerchief from my pocket and wiped Leo’s face.

“Where have you last seen your umma?” Sungyeol asked.

“Umma was just here… She told me to stay here but I ran away… When I came back, umma wasn’t there anymore…” he sniffed.

“Leo ah, hyung will look for your umma, don’t worry!” Sungyeol exclaimed. “You just stay with noona here, while I look for your umma.”

Leo nodded his head and smiled at Sungyeol as he left.

Okay… so do I have to take care of this kid? Am I going to babysit him? Aish! That Lee Sungyeol should have been the one who will look after this kid. I sat on the swing next to the kid and started kicking the ground.

“Noona ah.” Leo called as he tugged my shirt.

“Hmm?” I looked at him.

“Is that guy, your boyfriend?” Leo asked me with his cute round eyes.

“Aniyo, why are you asking that?”

“Nothing.” He giggled.

“Hey! Aren’t you too young to ask about that?” I eyed him.

“Noona!!!” He whined as he grabbed my arm and started swinging it from left to right. “Let’s go buy some ice cream!”

“Araso, araso.” I said and patted his head.

I held his small hand and we both went towards the ice cream stand.

“What would you want Leo ah?” I asked as I bent down to his eye level.

“Chocolate ice cream!!!” He exclaimed excitedly.

I told the ahjusshi what Leo wanted and paid him as he gave Leo his ice cream.

“Noona, komawo!” Leo cheerfully said as he his ice cream.

We head back to the playground and Leo sat on the swing again as he was happily eating his ice cream.

“Leo ah! Leo ah!” Someone cried.

I turned around and saw a woman running towards in our direction while Sungyeol walking behind. Leo turned his head and yelled back, “Umma! Umma!”

Leo’s mother knelt beside Leo and quickly hugged him, “I thought I lost you, Leo ah… Don’t worry umma’s here.”

“Thank you for taking care of Leo.” She said as she looked at me. “And thank you for telling me where Leo is.” She said as faced Sungyeol, who was smiling widely as he rubbed the back of his neck.

Leo smiled brightly at me and motioned me to bent down. “Noona, I have something to tell you.”

I bent down to his level and Leo quickly kissed my cheek. “Noona, komawo!” He whispered.

“Leo and I should be going now. Thank you for everything.” His mom said and bowed to us.

“You’re pretty good with kids, huh?” Sungyeol whispered in my ear. Which sent a shiver down to my spine.

“That’s not true. This is actually my first time handling a kid.” I told him.

“By the way, you two are a lovely couple.” She said and gave us a wink.

“Eh… wait. You look familiar.” She turned her gaze to Sungyeol. “Omo yah! Aren’t you an idol?!?” Leo’s mom shouted causing the people in the park to look at us.

“Omo! I should get a picture! Can we please take a picture?” Leo’s mom asked.

Now, there were a lot of people surrounding us. “Omo! Isn’t that Lee Sungyeol oppa?” “Who is that girl? His girlfriend?” “Who is that?”

“Miahneyo omoni, but we have to go now.” Sungyeol said in a panic mode and quickly ran as he grabbed my wrist.

 

We entered the building to be greeted by a furious Hyo Seun unnie.

“Yah! Park Eun Mi! Where on earth did you go?!?” Hyo Seun unnie shouted as soon as she saw me.

“Didn’t you remember?!? Sungyeol has a schedule! He is already an hour late!! Where did you wander off? You should take responsibility for what you did!” Hyo Seun lectured.

“Hyo Seun noona, it’s not Eun Mi’s fault. It’s my fault. I forced her to go out, she told me we shouldn’t since I have a schedule and all. But I was being annoying and forced her to. So don’t scold her because it wasn’t her fault.” Sungyeol said.

Hyo Seun unnie just sighed and finally said, “Both of you, go to the dressing room now. Sungyeol still has a schedule.”

Sungyeol and I quickly went to the dressing room, but Hyo Seun grabbed my wrist and said, “We’ll continue this later.”

I’m in deep trouble. Oh man. I’m so dead later.