Chapter 16

Unnie, Thanks for Ruining My Life

 

Eun Mi's POV

I woke up around eight in the morning, but I continued lying down in my bed until I heard my sister left. I finally got up from the bed and stretched my arms. I lightly opened the door and peeked outside, so I guess she already left. She didn’t even said bye. But then again, why would she? It’s not like she actually cares about me.

I went out of my room and head to the kitchen, wow nice! Did she think that I’m her maid to be washing these? Ugh. I scoffed as I saw the unwashed dishes left in the sink.

I opened the refrigerator and looked for some food, but the fridge was empty, only a half bottle of milk was left and some vegetables. I closed the fridge and sighed as I went back into my room.

I checked my phone since I didn’t even bothered checking my inbox last night.

 

Hyo Seun unnie

Eun Mi, where are you?!?

9:36 pm, Tuesday

 

Sooyoung

Yah! Yah! I got good news for you! Heehee! Stop by at my work place when you have the time okay? But I know you have the time! – Youngie

8:17 am, Wednesday

 

“What good news?” I asked as I scrolled the other messages.

 

Unknown number

You owe me an explanation.

10:25 am, Wednesday

 

“Who the hell is this? Explanation? Must be some kind of scammer.. Aigoo, scammer and their pathetic tactics these days... really jjang!” I said and just decided to ignore the message.

I decided to just go to Sooyoung’s work place and have nice breakfast there or maybe brunch.

As I was walking down the street, I could feel stares behind my back, I turned around and saw a group of high school girls around two years younger than me.

“Is she the girl that was on the Internet?” A girl asked as she looked at her friends.

“I don’t think so. I mean, why would Yeol oppa go out with some ordinary looking girl? She’s not even pretty.” A girl whispered but it was loud enough for me to hear.

“But she looks a lot like the girl in the picture.. But I guess you guys are right.” The girl looked at me then dragged her friends away. I decided just to ignore them and went to Sooyoung’s workplace.

 

“Sooyoung ah!” I called by the counter. Sooyoung quickly glanced up and smiled as she saw me.

“Eun Mi ah! Glad you stopped by!” Sooyoung cheerfully said and went out of the counter and hugged me.

“Sit down first! I’ll bring out some chicken for you to eat.” Sooyoung said and quickly went behind the counter.

“Hyung Seok ah! Fry some chicken! Pali! Pali!” She shouted at the back and quickly went back to you.

Hyung Seok? Don’t tell me it’s that guy..? I don’t think so but then that guy has a lot of part-time jobs. That guy will definitely think that I’m following him around.

“So, Eun ah, you got kicked out of your job right?” Sooyoung eyed me.

“How did you know?” My eyes widened as I looked at her.

“Yah! I’m really sad and upset that you didn’t even told me that your job was being INFINITE’s stylist.” Sooyoung said and crossed her arms. “You were on the Internet you know! They say that it’s only a rumor so the Inspirits didn’t bothered anymore but you! You can’t fool me! I am 100% sure that the girl in the picture was you!”

“Sooyoung ah... I’m so sorry that I didn’t told you about it-”

“So are you two really dating? You and Sungyeol? Waaah! Daebak!” She cheered.

“It’s not like that. We’re not dating or anything. We just went out during the break as FRIENDS.” I said emphasizing the word friends and looked at her. “And then the people surrounding us recognized him and of course seeing an idol with a girl, they would thought that we’re dating or something.”

“Aigoo. But don’t worry, they’re not going to bother you anymore cause woollim probably did a good job on covering the news.” Sooyoung sighed.

“Yah! You could have just fried the chicken yourself than sitting there and chatting.” Hyung Seok angrily said as he placed the plate of chicken.

Hyung Seok then turned to me and furrowed his eyebrows, his expression suddenly turned into a cold one and left.

“Eyyyy Seok ah! Don’t be like that!” Sooyoung shouted.

“Are you guys close?” I asked.

“Oh, you mean Hyung Seok? We’re friends yeah. Wae? Don’t tell me you like him..”

“Course not. So what’s your good news?”

“You can start working here! I asked the owner of this chicken shop if they can hire another worker and she gladly accepted you!! I’m such a great friend, aren’t I?” Sooyoung shouted excitedly causing the few customers to look at her weirdly.

 

After finally agreeing with Sooyoung that I will work in the chicken shop, I decided to go back to my sister’s condo.

 

Unknown number

Can you please talk to me Eun Mi?

3:29 pm, Wednesday

 

How did this person know about my name? Should I reply? But what if this message is a spam? I decided to ignore it again, since if it was important I bet the person will try to send a message again or maybe try calling this time.

 

As I reached at the doorstep, there were loud cheering and shouting. I was hesitant whether to open the door or not. What if my sister was partying with her coworkers and I’m just going to bother her? I sighed and decided to just come back a little later. As I turned around, I came in face to face with none other Kim Myungsoo. My eyes widened and I didn’t really know what to do so I was just standing there, frozen on the spot. He looked at me, staring right into my eyes, just then the door behind me opened.

“Hyung! Did you buy food?” You heard Sungjong’s voice behind me. I quickly adverted my gaze to the floor. “Oh, L hyung, who’s this girl?”

Sungjong quickly peeked at me and gasped as he saw me. “Omo! Eun Mi noona!”

He quickly hugged me and dragged me in. As Sungjong called out my name, I could feel everyone’s eyes on me.

“Eun Mi ah!!!” Sungyeol who was in the couch quickly ran towards me.

“Excuse me everyone but can I please talk to my sister for a bit?” Hyo Seun smiled at them and motioned me to follow her to my room.

“Eun Mi, I don’t think it’s right for you to see them.. Especially after what you did.” Hyo Seun said.

“If you didn’t want me here then you should have told me beforehand so that I won’t disturb you guys.” I told her.

“Eun Mi, can you please leave for a while? Pretend that you have somewhere important to go to. Or you forgot to buy something.”

“Or, I could just lock myself up in this room. They wouldn’t be able to see me.” I said.

“Please. Ji Eun is out there. She won’t be glad.” She begged.

“Sorry but I don’t please people. If she doesn’t want to see me then she could just go right?”

“This is my house Eun Mi, I can decide whether who gets to go and who gets to stay. And I decided that you should go out for a while.”

I’m her frigging sister and she just wants me to go out?

“What are you guys even doing anyway? I bet you’re the one who suggested them to hangout in your place.” I said in annoyed tone.

“Please Eun Mi, you’re just going to ruin everything.”

“Fine. I’ll go.” I told her and went out of my room.

As I went out of the room, everybody’s gaze turned to me once again.

“Eun Mi noona! Let’s eat.” Sungjong called out but I just ignored him and stomped my way out, but someone blocked my way. I looked up and saw Hoya, who was just about to come in. He was holding plastic bags with bottles of beer inside, followed by Woohyun.

Yeah, go and have fun. Like hell I care.

“Oh. Eun-” He didn’t get to finish his sentence as I went pass them.

I went to Sooyoung’s workplace again and looked for her but she wasn’t around.

“Yah, what are you doing here again?” Sooyoung asked as she saw me enter the shop.

“I got myself kicked out of my sister’s house.” I told her as I sat down on one of the chairs.

“Aish! What did your sister do again? What happened? Why would she kick you out?” She asked as she sat beside me.

“Actually, no. Don’t tell me about it because it feels like I would want to rip her head off after you tell me about it.”

I sighed and rested my head on my arm. “You could just stay at my house tonight!” Sooyoung happily suggested. “I don’t take no for an answer! So I’ll be taking your answer as a yes! Waaah I’m so excited!”

“My shift is almost over so just wait for me for a few hours okie?” She said and went to the counter.

I fished out for my phone and saw that there was another message from the same number who sent me messages a while ago.

 

Unknown number

Are you purposely avoiding me because you don’t want to explain what happened?

5:48 pm Wednesday

 

 

 


Author's note: Hi, hi! Finally updated again! I was free today so I updated! I kinda feel bad for making Hyo Seun a bad unnie but oh well that's her character, nothing I can do with that! Anyway, is this chapter a boring one? I'm trying to make things as precise as what I imagined it to be.. but I don't think it is.. So who do you think is the mysterious person who has been sending messages to Eun Mi? Hahahaha. K bye. I'll be back soon for the next chapter! :)