Chapter 19

Unnie, Thanks for Ruining My Life

 

“Sooyoung ah, I’m going to my sister’s condo.” Eun Mi told her friend as she went out of the staff room.

“Are you sure you want to go there?” She asked her friend in concern.

Even though the two just got to know each other three months ago, it seemed like they have been best friends ever since they were little kids.

Eun Mi was thankful that she has a friend like Sooyoung. Back in America, she was only bullied or left alone because she was Asian. Her classmates laughed at her and made fun of her because of her race.

She nodded her head in reply and then turned her head to look around.

“Where’s Hyung Seok?” She asked since she couldn’t find the male around the shop.

“Oh, he already went to his other part-time job.” Sooyoung replied as she looked up to her friend from her seat.

“Really? But isn’t this his stuff?” Eun Mi said as she pointed to the coat and phone in the counter.

Sooyoung stood up and looked at the counter, “Oh yeah that’s his. Maybe he went out for a walk?”

“I’ll go and put these on his locker.” Sooyoung said as she took his things.

Just as Sooyoung left, Eun Mi noticed there was a piece of paper lying on the floor. She picked it up and flipped the paper to see its content. Her eyes widened as she looked at the photo.

“Yah, what do you think you’re doing?” Hyung Seok asked as he glared down at her.

“Um… how.. how did you get this picture? Where did you get it?” She asked as she looked at him with confused eyes.

“None of your business.” He stated and grabbed the photo out of Eun Mi’s hands.

“Answer me please. Where did you get that picture?” She asked once again.

“It’s mine.” He simply told her and was just about to walk away when Eun Mi stopped him.

“How did you get that picture? And why do you have it?” She asked.

“I told you didn’t I? It’s mine. So quit bothering me already.” He looked annoyed because she kept on bothering him.

Eun Mi insisited to know and he finally gave up. He told her that his adoptive parents gave him the picture saying that it was a picture of his real parents.

Eun Mi’s eyes widened in shock, “What? Then you’re my-”

She quickly grabbed her bag from the side table and went out of the shop. She needs to talk to her sister about this. She needs to tell her sister that they have a brother that they didn’t even know that existed.

 

She rang the doorbell for the sixth time and banged on her sister’s door.

“Isn’t she at home?” Eun Mi nervously bit her bottom lip.

The door finally opened, revealing an annoyed face of her sister. “What is it?”

Eun Mi quickly went inside of her sister’s house and bit her bottom lip. “Mom probably hid this from us, but I just found out that we have a brother.” She told her.

Her sister just stared at her, her facial expression remained blank. She seemed calm and wasn’t shock of the news that Eun Mi just said. “Where did you meet him?”

“You don’t seem to be surprised. Did you know about this?” Eun Mi asked as she furrowed her eyebrows.

“Where did you meet him?” She asked again.

“Wait, don’t tell me you knew about this! How come you never told me? Why didn't you?” Eun Mi asked as her tone went up.

“You didn’t have to know.” She said like she was talking to a five year old kid.

“For goodness sake, I’m your sister! I deserve to know!” She shouted.

“Lower your voice Eun Mi.” Her sister glared at her.

“No I won’t! Why didn’t you tell me? Huh? Don’t you give me a crap excuse saying that mom told you not to tell me! Do you know how hard must it been for him? Did you not care about him? Not even once did you ever thought about him? You’re not wondering how’s he doing all these while? What kind of a sister are you?!?” She shouted at her.

“Watch your language! I’m your older sister!” Hyo Seun shouted at her.

“You know what? You can save that crap about you being my sister cause I never thought of you as my sister.” Eun Mi said. “And oh, you should be happy now. You won’t have to look after your little sister anymore cause you pretty much don’t have one.”

Eun Mi stormed out of her sister’s house. She could feel her eyes starting to blur. She closed her eyes and tears ran down to her cheeks.

She’s tired of her sister. So tired that she finally decided to cut off all ties with her. She didn’t want to have any more to do with her. She was tired of everything.

She went back to the shop and found Hyung Seok outside, heading to the scooter parked in front of the chicken shop.

She walked towards him, not caring what she looked right now, not caring if her nose is as red as tomato or if her cheeks are stained because her brother was right in front of her, a brother that she didn’t even know that existed.

“What happened to you?” He asked with a raised eyebrow as he saw her.

“I’m sorry.” She mumbled and quickly hugged him. He stood there frozen, not knowing what to do and stared down at her, “Yah, what are you doing?”

He tried to push her away but she just gripped harder, “I’m so sorry.” She said again and tears started falling down from her eyes.

Hyung Seok just stood there quietly as she sobbed. He finally sighed and patted her back comfortingly.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” She managed.

Hyung Seok didn’t know what she was talking about but just continued to pat her back comfortingly.

Eun Mi finally let go of him and looked up, “I’m really sorry. I didn’t know that I have a brother. I just found out now when I saw the picture. Mom didn’t told me about anything.” She told him and covered her face as she continued to cry.

“What?” He asked as he looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

“You’re my brother and I’m your sister.” She told him and Hyung Seok just looked at her. Not saying anything. Dozens of questions filled his head. But all he could do was just stare at the girl in front of him who was proclaiming that he is her brother.

 

 


Author's note: Since I felt like updating tonight, I updated even though I have like a heck lot of work loads to be submitted next week but who cares, I'm good at cramming LOL. I'm kidding. I would be on hiatus until December 10 but I'll update once classes are over! :) What do you think of this chapter? So, Hyung Seok is her brother? Did you guys see that coming? HAHAHA. Hope you like it! Be back soon~ you wouldn't know when I'll be back to update ;) Love you all~~