Chapter 14

Unnie, Thanks for Ruining My Life

 

Eun Mi’s POV:

“Yah! Park Eun Mi! What were you thinking?!? Going out with an idol? Have you lost your mind?” Hyo Seun unnie continued to nag at me as we got home.

“Yah! Didn’t Ji Eun clearly told you that we aren’t allowed to fall for them? Obviously, that includes dating too!” She shouted as she threw her bag in the couch.

“Yah! Say something! What if someone saw you guys?!? Huh? What are you going to do then?” Hyo Seun unnie continued as she messed her hair frustration.

“I’m held responsible for you, did you know that? If you do something wrong, it’s going to be my fault too!” Hyo Seun shouted as she looked at me.

“What are you going to do?? Answer me!!! What are you going to do??” She shouted.

I couldn’t take it anymore. Why was she shouting at me?!? I didn’t do anything wrong. We just went out as friends. Why is she so mad at me?

“Why are you so mad at me? What did I do wrong? I was just hanging out with him! But it wasn’t a date or anything! Is that wrong?!?” I shouted.

“If someone saw you and the issue comes out! It’s not only you who’s going to be in trouble! Infinite would also be in trouble!” She shouted.

“I don’t think it’s like that. You’re afraid that you’ll get caught right?” I eyed her.

“What are you talking about?”

“Unnie, don’t try to hide it. You’re afraid that you’ll get caught. I already know about you and Sunggyu. I saw you the other day right? I also know about you and Woohyun.”

“Say something that makes sense Park Eun Mi!” She yelled.

I can tell that she’s really mad right now. Why did I bring that thing up? I’m just going to make things worse. But I couldn’t help myself… I am so mad at my sister right now.

“Isn’t yours worst than mine? I’m just hanging out with Sungyeol, but that doesn’t mean I like him or we’re dating. While you, you’re secretly in a relationship with them. Ani, I don’t think it’s just the two of them, I think there’s more… Who is it? Dongwoo perhaps? Or-” Before I could even finish what I was saying, I earned a slap from her.

I hold my cheek and said, “Don’t worry unnie, I don’t think they’ll be ever to find out about your secret relationship with them.”

I turned my back at her and head to my room when Hyo Seun unnie called me.

“YAH! PARK EUN MI! I am not done talking to you!” She shouted. “I asked you what are you going to do about the mess you have done.”

“Don’t worry unnie, I’ll handle it. In fact, it’s my mess after all.” I stated and quickly went inside my room.

As I closed the door of my room, I sat down beside the door and bit my bottom lip. Fearing what’ll happen tomorrow. For some reason, I already know that I’m going to be fired tomorrow.

People saw us in the park… I doubt that they wouldn’t post it in the Internet, the news would be spreading like wild fire. Well, it’s true that it’s my fault. I should have just said no to Sungyeol then things wouldn’t go like this. Sungyeol will probably be yell at by their manager for being an hour late. He’ll also be yelled at if their manager finds out about him going on a date with me.

My eyelids slowly closed and I fell into a deep slumber.

 

Oh gosh. I am so dead! I glanced at my watch and saw that I was almost late. I quickly hailed a taxi. I glanced at my watch again worriedly, five more minutes until I’m late. I asked the ahjusshi to speed up as I bit my lower lip.

Aish! Unnie didn’t even bothered waking me up. Leaving me behind like that. Is she punishing me?

“Agashi,” the taxi driver called.

“Neh?”

“I’m sorry to tell you this but it’s traffic. I don’t think you’ll be on time.” The driver gave me an apologetic look.

“Ah. I’ll just walk from here.” I quickly said and gave him the payment.

I quickly got out of the cab and started to walk. I glanced at my watch again and saw that I only had three minutes left.

The company wasn’t that far away from here, but I doubt that I’ll make it on time. I quickly ran. I am so dead.

 

I went inside the company, and saw that Ji Eun unnie was standing in the lobby. Was she waiting for me?

“You’re late.” She stated.

“I’m sorry.” I apologized.

“The CEO wants to see you.” She stated. “For what happened yesterday.”

I hung my head low and bit my bottom lip. “His office is on the third floor.” Ji Eun unnie added.

I went to the elevator and pressed the floor. Eotteokhae. I don’t know what to do. I’m in a serious trouble. Crap.

The elevator door suddenly opened and I realized that I was already there. I walked to the door in front of me and knocked on it.

“Come in.” A stern voice commanded.

I opened the door and found Sungyeol there, standing in front of a harmless looking man. I thought their CEO was scary but it looks like he isn’t.

“About yesterday…” He started as he sat back on his chair. “Would any of you explain to me why there’s such a scandal on the Internet?”

“It wasn’t her fault. It was mine, I asked her to go grab a coffee with me. She wouldn’t go so I forced her to come. But we weren’t going out on a date or anything.” Sungyeol explained.

“Sungyeol, you already told me that for the fourth time. I would like her to speak.” Their CEO gave Sungyeol a look and turned to me. “So, explain to me.”

“I already told you it wasn’t her fault.” Sungyeol butted in again.

“Sungyeol, can you please get out.” He commanded. I could tell that he was mad but he just didn’t want to show it.

Sungyeol bit his bottom lip and went out of the room.

“Now, tell me.” He turned to me again.

“Um… sir… Sungyeol said was right but I think it is also my fault cause I agreed with him. I know that I shouldn’t have and I’m sorry.” I bowed.

“You know that you shouldn’t right? But why did you? You knew that you aren’t supposed to do that. What if the news spreads? What are you going to do if that happens?” He asked as his tone was getting higher by the moment.

“I’m really sorry sir. I didn’t mean for it to happen.” I bowed apologetically again.

“What if Infinite’s reputation get bad? They just became popular. What are you going to do?” He stood up and put his hands on his waist.

“I’m really really sorry sir.” I said.

“Good thing, the news hasn’t spread. I already told some people to handle it.” He said.

“I’m sorry to say this but I have to fire you.” He finally said and sat down on his seat again.

“Uh neh. I understand.”

“You may leave now.” He said and started doing his paper work.

I bowed at him one last time and went out of the room. I let out a heavy sigh and saw Sungyeol leaning against the wall.

“What happened?” He asked as he went towards me. “What did he say?”

“Ah, it’s nothing.” I said and gave him a reassuring smile.

“Jinja? He didn’t say anything?” He asked with his eyes wide.

“Well, he did say something but it’s not that important..” I said and clicked the button of the elevator and got in as Sungyeol followed behind me.

“I’m really sorry Eun Mi… I didn’t mean to get you into trouble…” He looked straight at me in the eyes.

It wasn’t the normal Sungyeol that always greeted me with a warm and cheerful smile. I couldn’t help but feel sad. I don’t blame him at all, but he keeps on telling me that it was his fault, which is totally not true. Cause partially, it’s my fault as well.

“It’s okay, I forgive you. And it’s my fault to you know! So don’t blame yourself okay?” I smiled at him.

“Ah-”

The elevator door opened and we both got out.

“So where are the other members?” I asked to change the topic.

“Oh, they’re at the lounge area. Do you wanna come? I think Ji Eun noona and your sister are also there.” Sungyeol said as he was walking towards the so-called lounge area.

“Ah, it’s okay but I have to go somewhere important…” I lied.

“Oh…”

“I’ll be going then.” I said and waved at him.

“See you later, Eun Mi ah.” Sungyeol waved and went inside the lounge.

I sighed. I’ll surely miss talking to that guy.

 


Author's note: Hey guise! Finally updated! Haha. It's been a long time huh? Anyway, I hope you'll like this chapter! Just a quick spoiler, the romance is about to begin my lovelies~ So stay tuned ^o^