01

It Started Off With an “I Do” [HIATUS]

 

NOTE: Autumn's Thoughts 
 
Autumn sigh out of relief as she finish signing the last of her paper works.  She leans back on her huge comfy office chair and tosses the pen on the table.
 
Finally I’m done.
 
She closes her eyes for rest. It was approximately 6:45 pm and this was when she was usually done with work.
 
Beep beep
 
“Ugggh..” she groaned as her pressed on the blinking red button.
 
“Yes what is it?” Autumn asked in tired tone.
 
“Miss. Jung  your parents are down at the lobby.” said her assistant Yunju.
 
“I’ll be down in ten.”
 
Autumn removes her finger from the button and tidy up her desk. She is very OCD on how her office looks 24/7. She turns off the lights and head into the elevator to meet with her parents.
 
> > >
 
“Umma! Appa!” Autumn greet her parents with open arms.
 
“My baby! You look so grown up!” Her mother squeals as she pinches Autumn’s cheeks.
 
“Yah umma that hurts.” Autumn swat her hand away.
 
“Come on we have reservations at your favorite restaurant.” said her father as he holds the door open for them.
Autumn and her mother went through and got into the car. Her father signal the driver and they were off to the restaurant.
 
Restaurant
 
The family of three enters the restaurant. The place still looks the same to Autumn when she last came here. The lights were dim and everything looks very authentic. The host shows them their table and left them to converse.
 
“So how is work honey?” ask umma.
 
“Great. The company is ready to expand again.” Autumn reply as she scans through the menu.
 
“Expand again? Autumn don’t you think your company is doing well enough in Thailand, China and Japan?” Appa asks.

“Appa we need to keep expanding. You know my main goal is to expand all over the world.” Autumn sighs. She had this conversation to many times with her father.
 
“I know that but honey you need a rest. You just came back from Japan after a month long. I let you take charge of the company to have fun, not too overwork yourself.” Appa said worriedly.
 
“Appa I’m fine. Just let me do my job and everything will be okay.” Autumn smiles her reassuring smile.
 
Her parents look at each other worriedly.
 
“But for your sake Appa I’ll take a break for a week.” Autumn said.
 
“No I want you to take off a month.”
 
“But appa!”

“No fighting back I already settled that with the company. Just because you run the company now I still have my ways to control it.” Appa said sternly.
 
There was no use for Autumn to fight back; she knows her father always win. She sighs and closes the menu. The waiter finally came and took their orders. They order their food and sat in silence.
 
A month break? No no no this is not making my life any easier.
 
“Autumn.” Umma said breaking the silence.
 
Autumn look up at her.  “Neh?”
 
“There is a reason why you’re off a month.” Umma smiled.
 
“Why?” Autumn curiously waited for their answer. Their parents had a huge grin plastered on their face.
 
“You are getting married.” They exclaim out of happiness.
 
“WHAT?!?!?” Autumn slam the table and stand up.  My parents did NOT just say that!
 
“You are getting married to a handsome young man.” Appa smiled.
 
“W-w-what?! Why?! I’m too young!” I exclaim out of anger.
 
“You are a hopeless romantic Autumn. Plus we know that you’re not going to fall in love and have kids in the next twenty years or so.” Umma explained like it was nothing.
 
“Woah woah woah! You can’t do this to me! I’m only 20 and running a very successful company! I DO NOT have time to settle down!”
 
“But we want grandkids.” Her parents pouted.
 
“NO! Kids are out of my limits! I can’t believe you guys!”
 
“Well believe it honey because you’re getting married in two weeks.” Appa laughed whole heartedly.
 
Autumn jaw drop to the ground. No no no this can’t be happening! She thought of ways she can get out of it. But before she could even propose them her father beat them to it.
 
“You are to marry him and you cannot back out of it. You cannot get divorced to him either. Break any of these rules and the company will be rightfully out of your hands in a snap and into your husband hands.” Her father threatens.
 
Autumn slumps back into her seat. There was really no way out of this. She loves her company more than anything and would do anything just to keep it living.
 
“So what do you say?” Her mother asked.
 
“…………….f-f-fine…”