12

It Started Off With an “I Do” [HIATUS]

*Note(s):
Autumn's Thoughts
Seung Ri's Thoughts
Autumn and Seung Ri's thoughts together (it doesn't matter which color starts off)


 

"Omo omo! Autumn what about this kind of cake for your wedding??" Sohee suggested as she pushed the magazine directly in front of Autumn's face.

Autumn shooed it away and continued to finish her last proposal. 

"Yah! Jung Autumn! I am doing you a huge favor by not telling anyone that you are working." Sohee frowned.

"I know thank you, but I need to finish this." Autumn replied.

"Aigoo! Fine, once you finish we are going out to the bakeries your mother sent us to go too. I'm excited for cake testing!" she grinned.

Autumn shook her head, "You are way to excited for this wedding." 

"Hello! My best friend is getting married! Who wouldn't be?!" 

"Not me." 

"Come one! It's only a week left until your wedding. Your parents are doing a lot for you along with Seung Ri's parents. By the way where is he?"

"That is a good question. He needs to come along with this cake testing too." Autumn thought aloud.

"Mhmm see! Pali pali! We have to be there in fifteen minutes! I'll call Seung Ri!" Sohee got up from her chair and skipped outside. 

Autumn sighed and went back to work. 

> > >

"Seung Ri!!!" Sohee called out. 

He looked up and saw her along with Autumn. Autumn and Seung Ri eyes met. He smiled weakly and she nodded. Sohee just stood there and laughed. 

"You two are funny! Come on I heard this cake shop is super delicious!" She smiled.

"She iss more excited than we are." Seung Ri whispered to Autumn. 

Autumn chuckled, "I know. That's my best friend after all." 

The three entered the shop and head to a private room for taste tasting.

Sohee's phone went off, "Yeboseyo?...Mmm neh, Ahjumma! Neh, neh, neh. Ah, chincha?! Mm! I'll be there soon! Kamsamnida!" She got off the phone and quickly placed her things in her bag.

"What's wrong?" Autumn asked worriedly. 

"I have to go to the dress shop to get the final alterations done. I was so looking foward to eating a bunch of different cakes too! I'll see you later okay?" Sohee smiled and dashed out of the store. 

Autumn sighed. Great, now I'm stuck with this idiot. She glanced at Seung Ri who was on his phone; he was playing fruit ninja. Autumn shook her head and patiently waited for the cake designer to come out. 

Seung Ri frowned as he lost another round of fruit ninja. Aish, this game is irritating. He scratched his head and glanced at Autumn. She was currently day dreaming in La La Land. Seung Ri gazed at her for a bit. Her side profile seemed to grasped his attention. He started from the top of her orange-brownish hair down to her eyes. Her eyes looks innocent, but her personality isn't. He went down to the face and stop at her button nose, which he thought was pretty cute. A bit further down, he abruptly stopped at Autumn's pink lucious lips. Unconsciously he his own lips. I wonder how they taste. Vanilla? Strawberry?......what the hell Seung Ri, you sound like a ert. Seung Ri shook his head to snap out of the thoughts. 

The cake designer finally came out and sat across from the couple. She smiled at them brightly. "Welcome to Yummy Delights! I am happy you chose to have your cake made here." 

"We are too. So where do we start?" Autumn asked.

"Well we gotta know the basics first and rundown of everything. Luckily your parents answered all of our questions. So all we have to know is the style, flavor, colors, and design." She explained. 

Autumn and Seung Ri both nodded. They looked at the choices then looked at each other.

"I want a three tier cake." Autumn said.

"I want a five tier cake." Seung Ri replied.

"What?! Are you serious? Five tiers is a lot." Autumn exclaimed.

"Hey we're gonna have a bunch of people at our wedding so we mind as well go for a bigger cake." Seung Ri shrugged.

"Yeah, but each cake is gonna be a different size." 

"Well duh I'm not stupid." 

"Yes, yes you are." 

"Why you-"

"Okay why don't we just choose the flavor first!" The cake designer said to reduce the tension, "We have a variety to cake selections."

"I want vanilla and red velvet." Autumn answered without looking at the choices. 

"I want chocolate and strawberry." Seung Ri also answered.

"I bet you feed this to all the girls you bang." She murmured.

"Yeah, and I it off their bo-"

"You sick bastard." 

"You boring old lady." 

The cake designed smiled nervously. Poor girl, we are probably the worst, most difficult, clients she has to work with.

> > >

After the cake testing Autumn and Seung Ri headed to a small cafe to grab a bite to eat. The two ordered their food and sat there in silence. I wonder why he/she isn't talking. They glanced at each other and their eyes met.

"What?" Autumn asked.

"N-nothing!" Seung Ri blushed. What the heck? Why am I blushing?! He shook his head and opened his mouth to say something. "So today turned out to be a failure."

"Yeah, but at least we agreed on one thing." Autumn said.

"Which is?"

"We should not get married." 

For some odd reason Seung Ri felt a sharp pain on his side after hearing that. Why? Maybe because he had hope for a future with her? It is true he doesn't want to get married to her, but he is learning little by little everyday about her which makes him warm up to her. Every night while they lay in bed, they would play 20 questions to learn about each other. "Hmm yeah." he murmured. 

Their food came and they ate in silence.