07

It Started Off With an “I Do” [HIATUS]

 

Autumn toss and turn on her bed constantly. She couldn’t sleep at all. Her alarm clock alarmed and she shut it up.
 
After hours and hours of debating she finally gets up and gets herself ready for the meeting of her parents and her “fiancé”.
 
Autumn prepared herself in a black casual yet business outfit. She doesn’t wanna ruin her image if people see her in jeans and a t-shirt; even though she loves to dress down in the privacy of her own home. She put up her hair in a slick back ponytail and accessorize with silver diamond studs and her lucky bracelet. Slipping on her pumps she heads off.
 
> > > 
 
“Good afternoon Miss. Jung.” The waitress greets Autumn as she enters the five star restaurant.
 
Autumn nods and follow the waitress a private booth.

“You are the first one here Miss. Would you like anything to snack on before the rest of your party gets here?” the waitress asks.
 
“No room temperature water is fine.” Autumn replies.
 
The waitress nods and heads off to fulfill Autumn’s order.  She studies the set up in the room. A well medium lit four wall room with a rather large circle table smack right in the middle with six chairs surrounding it. Mini displays of rare collectables on the west side of the room and a crystal chandler hanged right above the table. It was simple, yet appealing to the eye.
 
“You’re here early.”
 
Autumn turn around and saw Seung Ri leaning against the door frame. Autumn analyze his choice of clothes. He was in a full black attired suit.
 
I have to say he looks really handsome.

Autumn mentally slap herself and rip my gaze away from him. He walks over to the table and sits right across from where she is standing. Autumn clears and sits across from him also.
 
“What time are our parents getting here?” Seung Ri asks.
 
“Twelve o’clock sharp.” Autumn reply quietly.
 
Seung Ri nods and the room fell into silence.  The two put all their attention on their phones; neither ripping their gaze off it.
 
The clock strike twelve and their parents enter at the same time. They are surprise to see their kids here and not talking to each other.
 
“Appa. Umma. You’re here.” Autumn said as she gets up from her seat and greets them with a hug and kiss on the cheek.
 
“My daughter you look charming every day! But why didn’t you wear something more colorful?” Autumn’s mother asks with a frown appearing.

“I have my reasons.” Autumn said in a hush tone only for her mother’s ears to hear.
 
“How you are son?” Seung Ri’s father ask as he hugs his son.
 
“Good appa. Did you get lost on the way here?” Seung Ri questions.
 
“Nope! You’re appa is a good navigator. Plus we had help from the Jung's.” His mother smiles.
 
Everyone sat down and the salad was serve first. Autumn drizzle a little dressing on her salad and mix it together.  Seung Ri put a heaping gallop of dressing on his salad and chow down. Autumn looks at him with disgust written all over her face.
 
“That is disgusting.” Autumn murmurs.
 
“Like you? Hah!” Seung Ri rolls his eyes.
 
“Says the one coming from a terrible entertainer.”
 
“Excuse you I am very good at what I do.”
 
“Oh you wish.”
 
“What about you? Always have your head stuck in your work.”
 
“That’s because it’s my number one priority plus I have goals to achieve besides stealing innocent girl ities.”
 
“Hey they throw themselves at me; wanting me like a lion. No guy will ever throw himself at you.”
 
“That’s good then! I wouldn’t want some low life wanting my attention.”
 
“So you’re just gonna live alone forever?”
 
“It’s better than having a cocky future husband like you!”
 
“ENOUGH ALREADY!” Autumn’s father exclaimed.
 
Autumn and Seung Ri jump at the suddenness of his voice.
 
“You two are going to get marry no matter what and will fall in love with each other!  I know your plan already and it’s not going to work on us one bit!” Seung Ri’s father said in a serious tone.
 
“BUT-”
 
“NO BUTS!” they shout in unison.
 
Luckily they have a private room; it was will very embarrassing if the other customers heard them.
 
“Appa this arrange marriage isn’t going to work.” Autumn said. Seung Ri agreed with her.

“That’s because you haven’t tried yet.” Her father replies.
 
 “What’s worth trying when we know we aren’t going to be happy with each other?” Seung Ri asked.
 
“You two are so stubborn and hard head. Just thank us we are doing this for you.” said Seung Ri’s mother.
 
“Plus we know you two will fall in love with each other.” Autumn’s mother smirk.
 
“So plan fails.” They laugh all together.
 
Autumn and Seung Ri stare at their parents with hopelessness in their eyes.
 
“We can’t get out of this arrange marriage can we?” Seung Ri asks.
 
Autumn just shook her head.