02

It Started Off With an “I Do” [HIATUS]

 

NOTE: Seung Ri's Thoughts
 
Seung Ri was furiously working on the final touches of his proposal to his business partner in China for an expansion of his dance company.
 
Knock knock
 
The door opened and revealed one of his best friend and partner Jiyong or G-Dragon which he likes to go by.

“Knock knock! Dude let’s go already.” Jiyong said as he plopped on the black comfy couch in front of his desk.
 
“Hold up just let me email this to Taeyang hyung to get his second opinion.” Seung Ri said as he scanned the whole letter one last time.
 
Jiyong sighed and started to play suit. “I’m getting bored by the minute makane.”
 
Seung Ri rolled his eyes at his hyung and smiled as he pressed the send button. “Done.”
 
“Good! Now let’s go to the club and celebrate!” Jiyong suggested. He hopped up from his seat excitedly, “You need a break! You’ve been working hard for the past few months and never gotten any breaks. I never had seen you so focus on getting something done since our performing days. Man those were the good old days. I'm sad we put it on hold to get use to running a company. Your panda eyes are coming back by the way.”
 
Seung Ri closed his macbook and packed up his things. He used to never been such a super workaholic. Ever since YG retired and handed down the company into Teddy and Jiyong’s hands, Seung Ri has put his days as an entertainer on hiatus to become a boss of his own dancing company. Now he has taken a bigger step and became CEO of anything dance related of YG.
 
“I guess the club sounds nice. I haven’t been there for awhile.” Seung Ri grinned.
 
“Yes! Let’s go! The rest of the guys are there!” Jiyoung said eagerly and pushed Seung Ri out of his office.
 
Club
 
The club was dark with flashing lights and loud music playing off the speakers. Seung Ri and Jiyoung entered the club with girls already surrounding them. Many of them were throwing themselves at them. They chill at their usual spot and the bartender serve them their drinks. The rest of Big Bang were already there relaxing and enjoying each other companies with all the girls.
 
“I’m gonna get laid tonight!” Jiyoung exclaim as he was pulled into a vortex of girls.
 
“Hey y let’s go.” A girl whispered seductively into TOP’s ear. TOP eagerly nods and follow the girl.
 
Daesung and Taeyang already found some girls to chat with. This only leaves Seung Ri.
 
He scans the room and tries to find a y girl to dance with. A girl with a half cropped shirt, black leather shorts and tall stilettos winks at him. Instantly Seung Ri was drawn to her.
 
Next Morning
 
Beep beep beep-SMASH
 
Seung Ri open his eyes slowly and slowly turn on his side. He found the girl from last night he was with laying next to him.
 
“Ugh not again.” He murmured and got out of bed. He saw his boxers still on which made him sigh out of relief.
 
At least I didn’t have with her. Note to self, go to the club once in a blue moon.
 
Seung Ri scan the room. It was a mess with articles of clothing scattered all over the floor. He found his clothes and put them on. Seung Ri enter the bathroom and stared at himself in the mirror. His hair was a mess and the bags under his eyes got a little darker. He splashed some cold water into his face to wake him up.
 
He left a note for the girl and left the hotel room.
 
Ring ring ring ring
 
“Yoboseyo?” Seung Ri answered his phone.
 
“Seunghyun!!!!” His mother squealed.
 
“Ah yah umma you’re too loud! It’s early still.” Seung Ri murmurs.
 
“Seunghyun it’s already noon. What time did you leave the club again?” His umma sighs.
 
“...early. Anyway what do you want umma?” he ask.
 
“Appa and I wanna have brunch with you! Come meet us at your favorite place in five minutes! Pali pali!” His mother said happily and hung up.
 
“W-wait! Umma! Aish!”
 
Seung Ri close his phone and stuff it back into his pocket. His mother never lets him get a chance to talk. He sighs and scratches the back of his head.
 
Jeez. This isn’t a good start off to my morning.
 
Buffet
 
“Yoohoo! Seunghyun!” His umma calls out.
 
Seung Ri bow his head in embarrassment and walk over to his parents.  His mother gives him a big hug and pulls him down to his chair.

“How are you sweetie?” Umma ask.
 
“Good. Tired.” Seung Ri mumbled.
 
“Well that’s your fault for going to too many clubs.” Seung Ri’s father retorted.
 
“Mian…”
 
“Ah I have so much to tell you!” Umma exclaimed as she clapped her hands in excitement.  Appa nod along.
 
“Wae?” Seung Ri asked.
 
“We have great news for you.” Umma couldn’t contain her excitement.
 
Seung Ri wait for his parents to tell him the oh so great news as he sip on his water. His parents look at each other and look back at him.
 
“Seunghyun you’re getting married!”
 
In a instant Seung Ri spit out his water and choke on air.
 
“BFFFFFFFFFFFFT!!!!!!!!!!! W-W-WHAT?!??!?!?!?!?!”
 
“You heard your umma loud and clear. You are getting married.” Appa smirked.
 
“B-B-BUT WHY?! I’M ONLY 21!” Seung Ri shouts.
 
“Never too early.”
 
“Why make this decision all of a sudden?!”
 
“Because we know you’re not going to settle down after this big step you took. Plus I want grandchildren! We are getting old yah know.” Umma explains.
 
Seung Ri stared at his parents in disbelief. I-I-I can’t believe this… “Umma! Appa! Arrange marriages are-”
 
Appa sip on his coffee. “Great. You’re going through it. There is no way getting out of this Seunghyun.”
 
“But this can ruin my career!” Seung Ri frown.
 
“We already talked to Hyun Suk and he agreed with the idea. All of YG knows as of now.” Umma smiled.
 
Seung Ri mouth drop to the ground.
 
“Plus if you try to divorce or get out of this in any way we will replace your CEO job and dance company with something worst.” Appa threaten.
 
“So what do you say?” Umma ask sweetly.
 
Seung Ri just started at his parents. He thought long and hard. He really couldn’t get out of this. Plus he cannot give up his position to anyone.
 
The things I do for my dream…
 
“Fine. I’ll go with it. The girl better be y.” Seung Ri mutter angrily.
 
His parents smile delightfully. “Don’t worry honey you’re going to love her!”
 
He rolled his eyes, “Yeah let’s hope so.”