Chapter 10 - The Masquerade

The Start of Fate

Bom's POV:

Today is finally the day of the masquerade! I'm totally excited to go! I sneakily woke up a bit earlier to get ready without Mark knowing. I'm actually going to Chaerin's parent's house to get ready since her sister, Haerin has amazing style just like her. I decided to dye my hair red to make it harder for Mark to find me keke ^^, but I really hope he'll be able to find me. I tried to get ready quietly since I didn't want to wake him up. 

I left him a little note saying, "Where am I?! :o Try your best to find me tonight alright? Be prepared for a surprise! ~" Hmmm... Where should I stick the note I asked myself. "Ahhh" I quietly whispered to myself. I decided to stick it on the mirror in the restroom. After receiving a text from Haerin saying she's down at the parking garage I quickly gave Mark a peck on the lips and grabbed the dress from the closet and made my way out. 

When I reached the parking garage, I saw Haerin leaning by her car scanning over her phone, I immediately shouted "Yahh Lee Haerin!" After hearing me shout she finally focused her attention on me "Unnieeee!" she shouted and ran to me for a hug. 

"You're so grown up now!" I said as I started ruffling her hair. 

"Yah you're messing up my hair! she protested.

"You're totally just like your sister!" I said reminding me of Chaerin.

"So... where's the guy? she asked while giving me "the look."

"He's still sleeping, you'll see him at the party if you're going. Wait you're going right?!" I asked.

"Ohh. I see and nope! I have a date with someone" She said while blushing. 

"Awww you should tell him to take you to the ball!!" 

"No I think a causal date is enough for the first date. Let's go now! We totally need to get you dolled up!' she said trying to avoid the topic. 

"Alrightt, I see what you're trying to do, avoiding the topic, but you're right let's go! I haven't seen auntie and a longggggg time!" I said as I was emphasizing "longggggg."

 As Haerin was pulled into the garage I realized nothing changed, it was still as beautiful as I can remember. 

Right when we walked in the house we were greeted by their family's house maid, Hyojin. "Unnnieeeeee! I screamed while running to hug her." She's been their family housekeeper as long as I remember. She moved with them to France from the very first time when Chaerin's father was selected to teach at one of the prestigious collage here in France.

"Bommie!" she shouted while opening her arms allowing me to engulf her into a hug. "Look at you you've grown up to be such a beautiful lady!"

"Thank you Unnie! You too! You still look the same even 10 years after!"

"Madam! Bommie is here!" Hyojin shouted at loud.

"Bommie!! I haven't seen you in so long!" Chaerin's mom said while running towards me engulfing me in a hug.

"I know!" Realizing it's been almost a year when Chaerin's parents came to Korea for a visit.

"Yah yah yah! It's only been a year since you guys saw each other! We have to get Unnie looking like a goddess! We only have 4 hours until the ball starts! The time is ticking!" Haerin said while pointing at her watch.

"She's right Bommie lets glam you up for the ball!" as her mother said while Haerin and Hyojin both gave a head nob.

 Mean while Seunghyun's POV:

I woke up trying to look for Jenny. After a few minutes of trying to feel her I finally open my eyes to find out she's not here. I gave a deep sigh. I got off the bed and walked to the restroom thinking I can find her in there getting ready, but I was only left with a note. After reading her note I smiled realizing we're going to be playing a game of hide-and-seek. "Hmm should I give her a little surprise too?" I asked myself. I decided to think about that after I do my morning routine. 

My phone started ringing indicating I'm getting a text. I unlocked my phone reading a text Yoseob sent me. "Yo hyung! My friends and I are going to meet at a salon to get ready you want to come?

I laughed inwardly realizing we're going to be like the girls who gets ready together for everything, but hey we need some catching up to do so why not right? "Yeah sure I'll be there. Which salon are you guys going to?" sending the text. I went to change while waiting for him to reply.

"Meet as at ___________________"

After receiving the text, I went downstairs and flagged a cab. Reaching the salon, I saw the guys of Beast (you guys know who they are right (:?) "Yo hyung!" As they all greeted me. 

"So why are you guys going to do?" I asked. 

"I think we're just going to get a little trim." As Doojoon replayed for all of them. "What about you hyung?" 

"I think I'm going to die my hair black and get a trim as well." I said while thinking about it. 

"Who are you taking to the ball. Hyung?" Kikwang asks. 

"Some girl who I met at the hotel." I said while smiling thinking about Jenny.

"Ohhh are you still the Casanova before?" Dongwoon asks while smirking.

"Well I don't know, I feel different around her..."

"Wow hyung I never thought you would ever say that." Junhyung stated.

"Me too, man me too." Hyunseung stated while giving Junhyung a high-five.

Well you know after a few hours of getting ready and catching up with their respective friends... 

Bom ended up looking like this (Without the mike of course. Can I just say I love her hair?!) 

image

And TOP. (Without the glasses although he looks so cute in them!) 

 

 

(PS imagine them in their outfits from chapter 09!)

The Masquerade

Seunghyun's POV:

I entered the door with my attire on and what can I saw all the ladies were staring at me since I was the only single guy around the gang since Yoseob's with Jiyeon, Doojoon's with Gina, Kikwang's with Hyosung, Hyunseung's with Hyuna, Junhyung's with Hara, and Dongwoon's with Hayoung. I didn't really pay attention to the girls gawking at me until a certain red head walked in. I immediately had my eyes on her. Her glorious body and never ending legs reminded me of Jenny.

"Seems like hyung found his target." Yoseob said causing the group to laugh at me.

"I think I did." I stated.

I was about to walk to her until a man asked her for a dance. She accepted so maybe she isn't her after all...

Bom's POV:

I finally arrived at the venue of the ball! It's so pretty everything is decorated just like the balls in TV shows or movies. I noticed a lot of guys were starring at me but I didn't mind I was focus on looking for Mark. I see a guy who's starring straight at me who looks a lot like him with his defined jaw line and deep mesmerizing eyes even the mask couldn't cover up. He was about to walk towards me until a certain bimbo walked in front of him and asked me if i would dance with him. I didn't want to sound rude so I ended up dancing with him. 

He seemed pretty nice, but he's just not Mark, so I went ahead and excused myself to the ladies room as an excuse so I could have more time to look for Mark.  After countless times of circling through the venue, I still couldn't find him... 

"Alright everyone, please gather around." the host said while tapping his glass cup gently with a fork. "Thank you everyone for coming to the 30th annul Masquerade Ball celebrating the end of the year and the start of the new year. It is 30 minutes until New Year! So hopefully you'll find someone within the 30 minutes in time for the firework ceremony, okay that is it. Please continue to enjoy yourself." the host went ahead and stepped down.

Great now I only have 30 minutes to find him. I was walking around until I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find the guy who was starring at me when I just walked in. He smiled at me, the smile which looked like Marks. 

"Can I have this dance?" he asks as he pulls out his hand so I can take it. 

"Yes." I unknowingly said letting me take his hand.

After who knows how long we've been dancing we just starred into each others eyes already knowing who each other is but we still continued to stay silent. I guess 30 minutes have already passed as people were starting to countdown from "30, 29, 28,..." 

When everyone was counting "15" he quickly hugged me closer and angled his face and quickly smashed his lips on mine. I was totally shocked, but my eyes started closing and my arm started to move it's way up to his neck deepening the kiss. By the time the fireworks went off I felt his hands creeping up slowing removing my mask. He then started to break away from the kiss although I didn't want him to.

"I found you" he said with a smile forming upon his lips. "Happy New Year he said while engulfing me into a tight hug.

"Happy New Year." I replied after breaking away from the hug I took off his mask with his face finally right in front of me. I caress his face with both of my hands as we slowing starting inching closer again for a kiss until someone tapped my shoulder. 

"You must the girl hyung was talking about!" 

We broke away from our kiss as Mark looked away embarrassed. He's Korean.... I can't believe I didn't know that.... but I decided to pretend I wasn't Korean. 

"Oh uhm. I can't speak Korean..." I said while looking at Mark. 

"Oh I'm sorry! I'm Yoseob, Mark's childhood friend. He talks about you a lot" he said again, but in English this time. I blushed inwardly.

"Ehmmm. I'm sorry buy I'm going to take her somewhere else so if you'll please excuse us." Mark interrupted and started pulling me away to the door. 

He flagged a cab and told the driver to take us to a sea port. After we reached there he took out a blindfold and put it on me. 

"What's this for?" I asked.

"A surprise." he said while giving the money to the driver and escorting me out of the taxi. Right when I got out the sea breeze felt really good, but because my shoulders and knees were not covered by my dress I started to shiver. 

Seunghyun's POV:

She's cold... I decided to walk behind her instead of leading her in the front. Good thing my coat is big, I hugged her from behind and pulled my jacket foreword so she that my arms are wrapped around her body with my jacket. 

"Warmer?" I ask her as I placed my chin on top of her shoulder. She answered with a nob. I began walking while she did. After walking past a few yachts, we finally reached the yacht I rented yesterday when we were shopping. I came here to decorate it right when I was finished getting ready. I decorated it with some candles and placed a table with some wine. I slowly took off her blindfold, I can see a smile forming on her lips as she opens her eyes. 

"It's beautiful...!" She said while quickly giving me a peck and hugged me. 

"Come!" I said leading her to the wheel so we can take off to the sea. After we've been on the water for awhile we decided to stay in place and lay some blankets on the deck so we can watch the stars. We had a blanket on the floor and one over us as we were cuddling with each other sitting up with some wine in our hands. 

"Thank you so much." she said as she turned her face around and gave me a peck. I smiled. "You're welcome" I said while engulfing her in a much longer needed kiss. We broke our kiss for air as we were both panting. "There's something I need to tell you.." she said while looking guilty.

"What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Back at the party I said I'm not Korean, but the truth is I am Korean..." she said saying the last phrase in Korean. 

"Well doesn't that make everything better?" I said finally getting to know her even more. 

"There's one more thing I need to tell you..." she said as she was looking down. 

"What is it?" I asked again raising my eyebrows and lifting up her chin so she can look at me.

"I I I.... I have to leave tomorrow...." she said with sorrow written in her eyes. 

-------------------------------The End-----------------------------

I'm sooooooooo sorry it took me so long to update! I'm truly sorry! It's just tests and quizzes are just arhhh crazy! I defiantly give authors props who update so often! I'm sorry for being such a bad author! ): but I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter even though there's some grammatical and spelling errors! I'm pretty sure guys can tell I rushed the ending... I just wanted to get at least get something up before October ends. I'm not going to say when I'm going to update next because I know that date won't happen... but until next time you'll see how Seunghyun react to Bom leaving soon! 

Next Chapter Title: Last Day 

"and thanks to the people who commented and subscribed! <3