Chapter 8

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 8

 

And love her he did. She also let him.

Their days consist of work and each other. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays, he picks her up from home to work. Mondays to Fridays, they have lunch together except if there’s business related lunch out but always, alwaYS they go home together, regardless if there’s an after work gigs, like client dinners or office affairs. They go home together making each other be known by their respective employees.

She also began working on Yonghwa’s parent’s house. She handled everything herself to the tee. Even the color scheming, even during painting and pasting of new wall papers, she was there. Not only is Yonghwa someone really special to her, but this is her job and another job she plans to ace.

Yonghwa accompany her sometimes since she works on the house during office hours. There are days when Jonghyun is with her. Like today.

“I must say Seo Joohyun, you once more outdid yourself” as he slowly walk from room to room inspecting the work done by their team.

“Well, this is my job so I guess I have to really outdo myself right?”

“No this one’s different”

She rolled her eyes and began picking up plastic bubble wrapper from a newly delivered wall piece for the living room.

“This like any other house jobs we had Jonghyun”

“No Joohyun, when I say it’s different, this is different”

“Elaborate my dear”

“Are you happy?”

She stop midway from picking up another pile of plastic and stood properly. Jonghyun was standing by the living room entrance and was looking at her smiling. Showing that oh so charming dimples.

She chuckled. She knew it. She knew where the conversation will take them. They have been best friends and partners for too long now not to know what the other one is thinking.

“Well, what do you think?”

“You are”

“Then I guess I’m happy then”

“Don’t twist the words Joohyun, are you happy or not?”

She walk up to him and stood beside him “I am Jonghyun”

He only nooded

“But I’m scared”

Jonghyun turned to her with questioning eyes

“I mean, I have never felt this happy for so long, I think this is the happiest I’ve been since I was born. For once Jong, everything in my life seems to work out perfectly, I’m just afraid this is just an introduction to my ever sorrier life. Like soften the blow or something”

“You’re being pessimistic again”

“I’m not, I’m just being a realist” she slumped on the floor and began popping the plastic bubbles. Jonghyun sat beside her and took some plastic bubbles for himself.

“Well I hate to break it to you but ordeals are part of a relationship”

She scoffed and frowned “Don’t you think I wouldn’t know?”

“Exactly! So what’s with the sour attitude?”

“I don’t know okay, I just seem like the type of person who’s not meant to have all these”

“But you are! You have been an excellent best friend, a superb business partner and a rocking aunt so why not?”

She hugged her knees and shrugged “I don’t really know”

“Joohyun, life has ups and downs, it’s normal, it’s what it should be. Yoona and I? We are always at the verge of killing each other, but did we ever?”

“Well no, because that’s murder and that deserves a capital punishment!”

“HaHa. Funny” he sarcastically replied as he threw a crunched up bubble plastic to her face  “All I’m saying is just go with the flow. Be happy when there’s a need to be happy, be sad when there’s need to be sad, then be happy again, there is nothing more to life than just that. Life is complicated as it is, don’t construe problems that not might even make it to your favorite author’s plot”

“You make it sound easy”

“Because it is Joohyun, you weren’t a worrier before, where are all these coming from?”

“My heart. I love him already Jonghyun. I’m scared of this love. I’ve never love this way before. What if he’s still not the one? What if he realizes that it’s not me that he needs? What if he realizes I’m not perfect?”

“No one is!”

“I know but what if one day re wakes up and changes his mind? I’m 34 Jonghyun, I’m not getting any younger, I also want a family of my own. I also want someone to be with at night or at anytime of the dy. I also want to have these little kids who thinks the world of me. I want what you and Yoona and Tiffany and Soohyun have.”

Jonghyun thought she was serious but not this serious, he can totally see bombs going off inside her head just by looking at her eyes. He faced him and took her hands into his. This was the same during college when her anxiety would attack and she’ll breakdown in front of him. This is the part only he knows, not even his wife and their other friends.

“Look at me Seo Joohyun, I know you. Don’t you dare run away from this just because you’re afraid of getting hurt. Don’t you dare ruin this for yourself”

Her hand tightened and she began to breathe heavily.

“I swear Joohyun I’m going to smack the sense into you right now. Everyone

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter