Chapter 21

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21

 

It was like slow motion for Yonghwa, the milli second that Joohyun and his eyes met after they both saw the blood and the moment he saw Joohyun’s eyes close and almost fell to ground if it wasn’t for his quick catch, he was slumped on the floor with Joohyun’s limp body in his arms

“Joohyun!” He screamed as shook her.

He wasn’t able to hear anything and see anything else except his fiancee’s pale face. He looked up for help and saw people crowding and shouting and screaming in panic but they were all muted. He just saw Jonghyun crouched down and took Joohyuns body from him, he followed as almost all of them sprinted out of the hall. Out in the side door of the hotel was a waiting car, Yunho opened the passenger door

“Get in Yonghwa and pull Joohyun to you.” He did as instructed as Yunho and Jonghyun carried and placed Joohyun’s body on him.

Yunho ran at the front and Jonghyun rode shotgun. He opened the window and told everyone to follow at the hospital.

“Joohyunah, please wake up” Yonghwa whispered as he slightly massaged her arms. “Please open your eyes”

Jonghyun looked back at him “Don’t worry Yong, I think she just fainted.”

His eyes was full of worries, it might even be mirroring his and he can’t blame him, he’s her bestfriend afterall. He can’t even console himself so he just answered him with a tight smile.

Yunho had to maneuver through all streets possible in the city as the traffic was really bad and when they reached the hospital, Jonghyun almost jumped out of the car and was yelling for a doctor at the emergency area.

Yonghwa’s heat was pounding, he was very very scared. He could hear few of the ladies that followed them were crying, most probably both the moms. They all followed inside as Joohyun was wheeled in but was stopped by the door of the operating room.

“Please wait here” said the nurse

This must be the most excruciating 1 hour of his life. He sat right by the door and beside him was Jonghyun, as he was trying to psych his mind, that was the time he was able to look around the people who were waiting with him. Yoona and Jana was by Joohyun’s mom and his mom. Joohyun’s dad and Yunho is sitting across them, his dad wasn’t there. Kyungho and Nick was standing beside both their wives.

He looked at Jonghyun “Who’s looking after the kids?”

“Boassi and Jinhye and her husband”

He nodded and rubbed his hands together and that’s when he saw the blood. He tried to wipe it off using his handky but to no avail. He could feel the heat forming in his eyes so he took and deep shaky breath instead. He then covered his head with his hands and closed his eyes. If anything happens to Joohyun, he will never forgive Yeonhee. He doesn’t even know what he will do but he will definitely hurt her. More than anyone can imagine.

He doesn’t know how long in to the examination but he was offered hot coffee by Nickhun.

“Drink, it might do you good”

He did sip, and the hot liquid did somehow gave him a bit of energy. When the door of the operating room opened and the doctor came out, they all crowded him.

“I’m Dr. Do Kyungsoo. May I know who’s the immediate family member of the patient?”

“I am” he immediately replied it was the same time that Joohyun’s parents also said “We Are”

“I’m Jung Yonghwa ,her fiancée, these are her parents”

“I see, uhm, well good news and bad news.”

The doctor looked around with tons of pairs of eyes looking back at him. He was waiting for someone to speak but there was none so he continued.

“Good news, the patient is doing well and is just resting. I have sedated her so most probably she’ll wake up tomorrow”

Everyone was holding their breath as the doctor spoke and all breathe a sigh of relief when he said that Joohyun is okay.

“The bad news doctor?” Yonghwa asked. He doesn’t want to admit it to himself but somehow he knew what was to come out of the doctor’s lips next.

“The bad news is that we couldn’t save the baby. I’m sorry.” This time the Dr. Do was only looking at Yonghwa. “The baby was 5 weeks old and was gone even before you arrived here. I’ll have one of my fellow doctor, an OB gynecologist look after Ms. Seo from here on out. We have already moved her to a private room upstairs and I’ll have the nurse accompany you.”

He felt his mother’s arms around him as he just nodded to the doctor in understanding. His heart was beating so loud and he felt cold all over his body. They had a baby, the one thing that Joohyun was scared of not having, they had it. And now lost it. How can something you never knew you had and lost be so painful. And he knew if it was painful for him, this will definitely be more painful for his fiancée. A child of their own. A little Yonghwa or Joohyun, a little angel who should be filling up their days by the next year is now gone.

He slowly sat down and was guided by his brother and mother.

He spoke out of nowhere and was really talking to no one in particular, his eyes were unfocused but he kept on talking.

“We didn’t know. If we knew we could’ve taken better care of the baby. You all know that? Joohyun would never let anything bad happen to our baby right?”

Joohyuns mom who noticed how lost Yonghwa looked crouched down and looked at him eyes level.

“No one is blaming you two Yonghwa, You or Joohuyn is not at fault in any way. These things happen”

“We could give the child the best of everything eomonim”

“I know that, your aboji knows that your own parent’s know that, everyone does. Maybe this baby is really not for you to care for”

“But why was it given to us when it’s now for us?”

“I hope I can answer you that son, but trust that things will work out in the end”

More than him, he’s scared of how Joohyun will react once she finds out. He doesn’t know where he will get the courage to tell her this heartbreaking news. How will it affect the both of them.

 

____________

Yonghwa was the one who stayed with Joohyun asking his brother to just get him some clothes to use. He also asked the family to continue with the wedding preparations but just in case to also not be disappointed if it will not push through given the circumstances that they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter