Chapter 15

Of Faith and Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 15

 

Joohyun and Yonghwa’s mom took small bites as they made little conversation. Their head kept on turning on the private room every time the door opens. She actually felt that Mrs. Jung feels more agitated than her as she found the older woman tapping her fingers on the table.

“I don’t want to wait anymore Joohyun I’m calling Yonghwa” the elder took her phone from her bag but as soon as she opened it, Joohyun gently placed her hand on top of hers

“I’m sure there is nothing that we need to worry about”

The lady smiled and just nodded but still proceeded to open her phone. As she was tinkering with it, Joohyun decided that it was okay for her to check on her phone to see if there was a message from Yonghwa. There is one roughly about an hour ago with a

“Have you had your lunch? I’m meeting Yeonhee with Atty. Lee to settle the house” of which she wasn’t able to notice as her mind was busy concocting absurd good for nothing scenarios between her and his mom. She also noticed tons of messages from Tiffany, Yoona, Sooyoung, Jonghyun, her sisters Jiyeon and Jana. She was about to open one of them when her phone began ringing, only then she remembered it was on discreet mode.

“Immo can I answer this call? It’s my mom”

“Go ahead dear”

“Thank you”

She stood up, went to a quiet corner and answered the call

“Mom”

“Joohyun, where were you? I have been calling you”

“I’m having lunch why?”

“Have you seen the online news portal?”

“Ah no, I’m actually having lunch with Yonghwa’s mom. I didn’t get a chance to check my phone”

“It’s Yonghwa and an actress. I don’t know who she is. They were spotted somewhere together. I’m boiling mad right now. It says that they maybe rekindling their romance or something! The headline is making me barf, like the actress and the chaebol. Mon Dieu! Ca m’enerve! Putain!”

Joohyun took the phone away from her ear and just spoke on the mouthpiece

“Easy on the French mom, I’m rustic, can we please stick to Korean?”

“Arasseo, but why is he with that actress?”

“I know that he needed to discuss and clear something out with her”

“Good! I want Yonghwa to set things straight with everyone. I don’t want people seeing you with him and them thinking you’re the other woman.”

“Don’t worry mom”

“Wait, you said your with his mom? Why?”

She shrugged as if her mother could see her “Nothing, she dropped by the office and we had lunch”

“Did she say anything?”

“She’ said she’s glad I’m with oppa”

“Good. I want everything clean. I could do more french curses and they don’t want to hear that from me”

“Mom, is this why I’m getting a lot of messages from unnie and Jana?”

“Yes, your unnie almost went into labor when she saw the news”

“Please tell them don’t worry. There is nothing to panic about. I’ll check the pictures and get back to you.”

“Do that.”

“And mom, I know exactly where Yonghwa is, please do not jump into conclusion with what you’ve seen on those news.”

“Yonghwa and that woman’s world is ruthless Joohyun, I just want you safe. I don’t want you getting hurt or anything.”

She sighed and shook her head. It was one problem to another. “It’s okay mom.” She replied quietly “I exactly know what I’m doing and facing. I can handle this”

“Just don’t put yourself in a situation where you know you can’t be happy. Dad is also worried.”

She tapped her foot and just nodded. When she raised her head she saw Yonghwa’s mom talking on the phone but she seems angry. Her brows where crunched together and her hand is balled into fist. Joohyun saw the minute the lady ended the call and began standing up, she knew where she’s going and she also knew that his mom may have heard about the news already.

“Mom I got to go, bye, see you this weekend” and without even hearing her mom’s response she hang up. She dashed to their table to get her bag. The lady was already by the door when she reached her.

“Immo” she whispered.

“No Joohyun, Boa just called me, there are pictures online with Yonghwa and Yeonhee together. Yonghwa has been dragged way to much by Yeonhee before. If the stockholder see’s this they might go michoseo again! And what would your parents say? Is this why your mom called?”

She can’t lie so she just nodded.

“Aish!”

They were talking right in front of the private room in hushed tones. She mentally calculated the number of minutes Yonghwa has been inside with Yeonhee. Roughly around 30-45 minutes. If it was a regular meal, they’re about to finish any moment and will come out.

“Immo, how about we talk to Yonghwa oppa after? I know that he and -” she wasn’t able to finish her sentence and explain.

“Andwae”

When Mrs. Jung opened the door, they immediately saw Yonghwa standing, his face red, his hands flat on the table while Yeonhee was still sitting hands crossed on her chest while the other man was sitting with a file in front of him.

He turned to the door looking bewildered “Eomma? Joohyun?”

“Immo!” Yeonhee squealed. She quickly stood up and hugged the older lady. “You’re here”

Yonghwa’s mom just nodded and smiled briefly “Yes. Joohyun and I were having lunch and we saw you two come in. We were already eating so we didn’t bother. I didn’t know you have attorney Lee with you.”

“Annyeonghaseyo Samonmin” the lawyer stood and bowed “How have you and Sajangnim been?”

“We are well Atty Lee, getting old but gracefully” they both laughed “How about you and Mina?”

“We are also doing excellent, Mina will be opening a new exhibit next week so she’s busy. I do hope if you’re free you can drop by”

“Of course! Give Yonghwa the location and I’ll arrange it.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter